Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #856
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
*whew* I just finished reading through this entire thread and wanted to POP in and say hello to everyone!

My husband and I are planning another trip to WDW, but sadly it won't be until late 2014. I have an insane amount of days yet to go (700+), so no ticker yet ... it would just be too depressing! Trying to look at the bright side though - only 203 days until we can make our reservations!
That's what we like, a positive attitude!!

Quote:
Anyhoo, after a departure from POP last year, we're definitely ready to go back. We missed the atmosphere a lot. FQ was nice, as was SSR, but POP was our first on-site stay, so I guess it will always seem like home to us.

I'm hoping there will be some Christmas decorations up when we're there. I know everything won't be fully-decorated, but we're hoping to at least do the resort tour. Our dates are Nov. 15-22, 2014. Only on the DIS can you plan 2 years ahead and nobody bats an eye!
yep, you can hang with us on the long distance planning. 'Course you realize that when you begin to read about posters booking deals with public codes, Free Dining and such, you *may* get an itch to book something .... which we will highly encourage!! So yes, you best stick around, maybe we can get you to Disney in less than 700+ days ...

Oh, you had a question!! Decorations will already be up at MK for the Christmas party, and decorations at the resorts usually begin going up the week before Thanksgiving, which covers some of your stay.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #857
goofyfamily2054
Earning My Ears

coffee and air mattresses

Hi! I've enjoyed reading through the thread. It has been very helpful! I still have some questions. First, can we bring a small coffee pot to use in the room?

Second, if we use air mattresses for the kids, do we need to deflate them every day or can we just leave them out pushed against a wall (or reasonably out of the way for housekeeping)?

Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #858
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfamily2054 View Post
Hi! I've enjoyed reading through the thread. It has been very helpful! I still have some questions. First, can we bring a small coffee pot to use in the room?

Second, if we use air mattresses for the kids, do we need to deflate them every day or can we just leave them out pushed against a wall (or reasonably out of the way for housekeeping)?

Thanks!!
Yes, small coffee makers are allowed and no you don't have to deflate your air mattresses. HTH!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #859
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
That's what we like, a positive attitude!!

yep, you can hang with us on the long distance planning. 'Course you realize that when you begin to read about posters booking deals with public codes, Free Dining and such, you *may* get an itch to book something .... which we will highly encourage!! So yes, you best stick around, maybe we can get you to Disney in less than 700+ days ...

Oh, you had a question!! Decorations will already be up at MK for the Christmas party, and decorations at the resorts usually begin going up the week before Thanksgiving, which covers some of your stay.
I know as soon as I see all the FD promos, I'll be talking to my husband about a quick trip next year. We do have some work to do on our house, though, and that comes first. The trip in 2014 will be for our 15th wedding anniversary, so I'm super excited about it!

Thank you for the info about Christmas decor. We usually go in September when it's hot and humid, so I'm looking forward to going during a cooler time of year.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #860
goofyfamily2054
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #861
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Hi Pas Life has been a bit busy lately (as you know) and my DIS time has been limited .... will pop over to the RC thread today ... missing you to my friend.
I posted this on the RC thread..but I knew our fellow POPpers would want to party with ya too!!!!

Happy Happy Birthday to Our Rockin' Queen of Pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya Janet! Have a Great Day!!!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #862
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Happy Birthday JANET OUR OWN POP STAR

Have a great day, thanks for all you do.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #863
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Happy Birthday, Janet! Hope you have a fantastic day!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #864
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #865
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know as soon as I see all the FD promos, I'll be talking to my husband about a quick trip next year. We do have some work to do on our house, though, and that comes first. The trip in 2014 will be for our 15th wedding anniversary, so I'm super excited about it!

Thank you for the info about Christmas decor. We usually go in September when it's hot and humid, so I'm looking forward to going during a cooler time of year.
You're welcome!! Don't you just wish you lived only a few hours away? Then shorter trips would be doable. We usually go in August, so hot and humid too. Just think your November anniversary trip will have holiday decorations, MVMCP and cooler weather... it will be amazing and worth waiting for!!

TY Kook!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #866
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I posted this on the RC thread..but I knew our fellow POPpers would want to party with ya too!!!!

Happy Happy Birthday to Our Rockin' Queen of Pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya Janet! Have a Great Day!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Happy Birthday JANET OUR OWN POP STAR

Have a great day, thanks for all you do.
Quote:
Happy Birthday, Janet! Hope you have a fantastic day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!
Thank you all for your birthday wishes!! You are making my day a great one!

TY Kook!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #867
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
I'm here too and the side of the clock also has ocean or brook or wind chimes as well as music sounds you can listen to in addition to an iPod plug in.
I guess you missed my post past that one. I had only looked at the right side of the clock when I had posted that. A day later, I looked at the left side and saw the white noise function. I came back and reported that here in the thread.
2006: POFQ
2007: POP Century
2011: POFQ
2012: POP Century
2015: Resort TBD
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #868
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Janet! I hope your day is as nice as you are!

Monica
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #869
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq View Post
I have the opposite problem. I just got a schedule change notice from American Airlines. I am now arriving at MCO at 11:00 pm. After fetching our bags and transferring to the Magic Express, I'd estimate that we will arrive at the POP after midnight.
Rick
Just to let y'all know that I called American Airlines. I asked them to rebook me on an earlier flight and cited the schedule change. They rebooked my family and I for free. It helps to be platinum elite on American.

I'm now arriving at MCO at 5:00 pm. I'm gunna get some dinner in the food court and pack my swimsuit in my carry on so I can hit the pool while I wait for my luggage to be delivered to my room!

On another matter, I got my travel documentation from the Walt Disney Travel Company. It says we have a standard room. I asked for a preferred room, and I think the room classification of the room changed when I called to add a night.

So I called WDTC to change the classification of the room back to preferred. I learned that they were sold out of preferred rooms. The call center cast member I spoke to wait listed me for a preferred room. She also took a room request for a room near the food court and bus stop. Here's hoping they honor the room request and I can get a room near the food court and bus stop.

Rick
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #870
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq View Post
Just to let y'all know that I called American Airlines. I asked them to rebook me on an earlier flight and cited the schedule change. They rebooked my family and I for free. It helps to be platinum elite on American.

I'm now arriving at MCO at 5:00 pm. I'm gunna get some dinner in the food court and pack my swimsuit in my carry on so I can hit the pool while I wait for my luggage to be delivered to my room!

On another matter, I got my travel documentation from the Walt Disney Travel Company. It says we have a standard room. I asked for a preferred room, and I think the room classification of the room changed when I called to add a night.

So I called WDTC to change the classification of the room back to preferred. I learned that they were sold out of preferred rooms. The call center cast member I spoke to wait listed me for a preferred room. She also took a room request for a room near the food court and bus stop. Here's hoping they honor the room request and I can get a room near the food court and bus stop.

Rick
I always go with standard rooms and have always been happy with my location. I especially like getting a lake view. If you do not get a preferred room, don't let it upset the start of your vacation. However, do make sure that you're not being charged for a preferred room if you are not given the preferred room. I've heard of that happening in the past.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: