Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #796
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Question for all you POP experts. Can you buy the following items at the resort grocery? (if there is a thread or blog that lists these, please point me in the right direction)

Boxes of cereal
Milk (1/2 gal or gal)
Bags of bagels
Cream Cheese
Cartons of OJ
Boxes of donuts

As you can see, I am looking to purchase some breakfast items for the room. I've done a "mock" Garden Grocer order and still haven't reached the $40 minimum (plus the $12 delivery fee). Anyway, what breakfast items are available to purchase without buying at the food court.

Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Well, how I wish I DID know everything!!

As Sandi stated (who knows quite a bit about POP) there are 1/2 gallons of milk (whole, 1%); individual cream cheese, OJ (2 sizes) ... will have to check thru my pix from the summer to jog my memory and get back to you ...It's Friday and I'm about toast about now .... There are tons of POPers who probably have a concrete answer for you, they may chime in..

You did not list water, fyi have heard they sell a case at AoA food court.

Sandi!!
I don't know if they sell bags of bagels, but they have them in the bakery case that you could buy several of. I saw everything you asked for in some form while there last week

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #797
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Question for all you POP experts. Can you buy the following items at the resort grocery? ...

...Bags of bagels...
They don't sell bags of bagels, at least not since my last visit. Bagged bagels (usually mini ones) are actually something we pack ourselves in our checked luggage, along with a jar of peanut butter.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #798
apentney
Mouseketeer

I will be driving all night (12-13 hrs) if our room is available will POP let us check in early? Talking around 8:00-9:00am.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #799
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney View Post
I will be driving all night (12-13 hrs) if our room is available will POP let us check in early? Talking around 8:00-9:00am.
Absolutely!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #800
apentney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Absolutely!
I sure hope a room will be available so I can get at least 3 hrs of sleep before hitting the parks with the kiddos. Should i call the resort in route to let them know or just check in when ever I get there?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #801
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Absolutely!

I sure hope a room will be available so I can get at least 3 hrs of sleep before hitting the parks with the kiddos. Should i call the resort in route to let them know or just check in when ever I get there?
I would just check in when you get there. When you call, you aren't really getting the resort you are getting a call center. So IMO I really don't see the point. I have found in MY experience if you explain nicely, they will do their best to get you a room early if one is available.
I have a medical condition and we were checking in one trip and arrived early (several hrs prior to check in) and I was in agony! to the point of wishing I hadn't come and they found a room for me. I didn't want to go to a park. I desperately needed a bed! I guess that's why I love POP. I find them to be as accommodating as they can possibly be! Good Luck!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #802
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

One week from right now, I should be checked into Pop and hopping on a bus to DTD!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 12-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #803
jmqidoc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Waving Hello!!! My DD checks in on the 14th for the DCP but I'm going to hang out awhile since MY parents will be in FL at that point. ........
Did you book a std room? you have a better chance of getting a king bed in the std category. If king is the most important thing I would make it my ONLY request.
Good Luck to your DD!! And maybe we'll cross paths while we are there!

HI There.. thanks for such a fast response.. Im a bit slow on the return .... Just got DD from UNIV .. finished Christmas shopping .. now to tackle DCP shopping.. Bet your DD is ecstatic.. mine is. what is your DD role? Custodial is my DDs role.
Not really going to be thinking I will find any real deals.. just kinda want to check out the hotels.. so my wee way of checking them will be to make a game out of .. kinda kill two birds with one stone. I will be most likely only renting a car for the day of checkin. We were hoping her friend who is Seasonal could get us in on a day pass but of course the dates fall on Blackout dates..
Have a wonderful time with your family..and thanks for the comment
Old 12-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #804
jmqidoc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post
We did this on one of our last days, to look at the Christmas decorations and pick out where we wanted to stay on our next trip. We took a bus to DHS (the first bus to arrive) and walked from there to Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin, and the Beach/Yacht Club. We walked out the bus area and took the first bus to AK where we caught a bus to POFQ/POR. After there we took a bus to MK and did the monorail resorts. Took about 5 hours, then we had to head back to Pop for ME.

Emily
Thanks Bear_mom.. this is just like what I wanted to do. I will be trying to get in as many of the resorts as possible. Hopefully I can find one that I REALLY want to come back to and stay while DD is doing her program. How many resorts are found on the Monorail system? How many are accessed via boat? I understand many of them I will have to either reach via the MK area. I think it may be more feasible for me to limit my hunt and find to the resorts accessed via the mainstream transportation based from MK or DTD. I think it will be fun just to try anyway it works out..
Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #805
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqidoc View Post
Thanks Bear_mom.. this is just like what I wanted to do. I will be trying to get in as many of the resorts as possible. Hopefully I can find one that I REALLY want to come back to and stay while DD is doing her program. How many resorts are found on the Monorail system? How many are accessed via boat? I understand many of them I will have to either reach via the MK area. I think it may be more feasible for me to limit my hunt and find to the resorts accessed via the mainstream transportation based from MK or DTD. I think it will be fun just to try anyway it works out..
From the monorail at MK you can hit 3: Contemporary, Poly, and the Grand Floridian.

By boat from either the International Gateway in Epcot or Hollywood Studios you can hit: Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin (not technically Disney resorts, but still pretty), Yahct/Beach Club.

DTD really only has easy access to either Saratoga Spring (DVC) by walking or POR/POFQ via boat.

Emily
Old 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #806
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears

4 + Infant

Are you able to have 4 people (2 adults and 2 ten year olds) plus an infant in a pack n play in one room at Pop. We really want to stay at Pop with our family for our upcoming trip but the website says max 4 to a room and my SIL's family would need 4 + pack n play. Is that a problem?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #807
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

You can have 4 plus an child under 3 in a pack n play. I think it will be a tight squeeze tho.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #808
apentney
Mouseketeer

I know when we stayed at POP in 2010 it had their own transportation. I'm going again in Feb. and just wanted to know if its still like that or are the buses shared with AOA.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #809
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
I know when we stayed at POP in 2010 it had their own transportation. I'm going again in Feb. and just wanted to know if its still like that or are the buses shared with AOA.
Still has it's own bus. AOA has separate bus and bus stops from Pop.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #810
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
still separate... AoA has it's own bus service separate from POP.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: