Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #616
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Since this is the friendliest thread on the boards I thought I would share how happy I am with Disney right now. It's really not a big deal, but it was just a nice treat. I called since we were 12 days out and had still not received our Magical Express vouchers for our arrival. I love getting those since I then know - its coming! I know we can stop at the desk in the airport but I just wanted to see if they were sent. Turns out, they were, just without my Condo unit number so who knows where they are now. They explained how I could go to the desk and I said that was fine, yet jokingly said I was sad since I loved getting Disney stuff in the mail. Well, yesterday I received my voucher booklet in a FedEx package that was overnighted to me. I know its not a huge deal, but it was just something that made me smile. They could have sent me nothing else, but they did. Plus, who doesn't love getting their Magical Express Vouchers?!

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #617
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
They do not charge anything on your credit card at check in. It is not charged until you reach the room charging limit. I am pretty sure they amounts are as follows:

Values $500
Moderates $1000
Deluxes $1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I think I understand what you're asking. The amounts you're referencing are for spending limits on the card before it needs to be charged by the resort:

$500 at Value resorts
$1000 at Moderate resorts
$1500 at deluxe resorts

This means, you can charge up to that amount during the course of your stay. Once your account hits that amount, Disney will charge your card, and you have a new $500/$1000/$1500 limit before they charge you again or you check out, whichever comes first. They don't charge your cc that full amount when you check in. You can always have the front desk run a statement that identifies your room charges and you can pay for those charges a different way (gift card, cash, different cc) before they are charged to the cc on file.

HTH
I do know that the amount is not charged to your credit card, but didn't word my question correctly. I typed it in a hurry.

Thanks for your replies!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #618
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I do know that the amount is not charged to your credit card, but didn't word my question correctly. I typed it in a hurry.

Thanks for your replies!
Have a great time on your vacation!

Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #619
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Isn't it about time they got around to changing that????
A little late with my "NO" ...but come to think of it, maybe by now Disney DID change the BB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
Here at Pop now...been here since Wednesday. Got a bit warm and was sunny, so thought i would swim. Hippy Dippy pool is freezing. Guess the heater is still an issue? Moved to bowling pin pool. Much better. Having a great trip. Parks are a bit crowded though. We are just hitting them early.
Enjoy!! And hey I would like it a bit more warm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzzygirl View Post
I'm so excited to be visiting the POP for the first time in April 2013. I was under the impression originally that we were to stay at All Star Music, which was/is fine with me. However, now that I have the confirmation (in-laws made the plans), I see we're booked at POP.
You will LOVE POP! Maybe it will turn out to be a great move for all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
Since this is the friendliest thread on the boards I thought I would share how happy I am with Disney right now. It's really not a big deal, but it was just a nice treat. I called since we were 12 days out and had still not received our Magical Express vouchers for our arrival. I love getting those since I then know - its coming! I know we can stop at the desk in the airport but I just wanted to see if they were sent. Turns out, they were, just without my Condo unit number so who knows where they are now. They explained how I could go to the desk and I said that was fine, yet jokingly said I was sad since I loved getting Disney stuff in the mail. Well, yesterday I received my voucher booklet in a FedEx package that was overnighted to me. I know its not a huge deal, but it was just something that made me smile. They could have sent me nothing else, but they did. Plus, who doesn't love getting their Magical Express Vouchers?!
Karabee .... this is why Disney is so well loved, for the little touches and pixie dust they spread. Glad to hear Disney came thru again!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #620
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Just back from our stay a Pop...returned last night. We had a great visit. No complaints...other than it was a little crowded, but I expected that as it got closer to Thanksgiving. Well, I guess my one complaint would be the temp of the hippy dippy pool...it was freezing cold. I don't know why this hasn't been fixed. Not a huge deal since there are other pools and we really only had a couple days that were warm enough to swim. But really...just fix it. Now of course I have nothing to plan, so will just be lurking on the boards ; (

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #621
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Booked today to come back to Pop Century February 1-5. Really excited to come back there with lots of experience. I think I will make sure to check in early to get a quieter location. Nice to get a vacation back to Disney and see new Fantasyland.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports

Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #622
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
Booked today to come back to Pop Century February 1-5. Really excited to come back there with lots of experience. I think I will make sure to check in early to get a quieter location. Nice to get a vacation back to Disney and see new Fantasyland.
Hello Fellow Marylander!!!
I'll be back at POP just a bit before you! I have to take DD20 down to get her settled in for the DCP on Jan15. Hope you have a Great Trip in Feb!!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #623
Soonerthunder
Earning My Ears

Making POP my home next week! #FirstTime
Old 11-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #624
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Karabee, you're right this is the friendliest place on the Dis! Great story about your vouchers, thanks for sharing!

Monica

Last edited by HappyGal; 11-22-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #625
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
Just back from our stay a Pop...returned last night. We had a great visit. No complaints...other than it was a little crowded, but I expected that as it got closer to Thanksgiving. Well, I guess my one complaint would be the temp of the hippy dippy pool...it was freezing cold. I don't know why this hasn't been fixed. Not a huge deal since there are other pools and we really only had a couple days that were warm enough to swim. But really...just fix it. Now of course I have nothing to plan, so will just be lurking on the boards ; (

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That's a bummer about the pool. I wonder what's wrong with it and when it will be fixed?

Monica
Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #626
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to staying at POP for our first time in 11 days. DH and I are going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I still debating doing online check in. We aren't picky in regards to room location but would prefer a higher floor. Can I indicate that during online check in or should I call and request it? Can I still make requests even if online check in is complete?

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #627
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

Hi! Happy Thanksgiving ! We are at the POP now.

I was wondering what you have bought with you extra quick server credits??
I have heard of people buying snacks to take home with them. What did you get for one credit?? Thanks!

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
Old 11-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #628
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Hi! Happy Thanksgiving ! We are at the POP now.

I was wondering what you have bought with you extra quick server credits??
I have heard of people buying snacks to take home with them. What did you get for one credit?? Thanks!
Look for the DDP sign on the menu boards and the resort Gift shops. My favorite Snacks at the World are Rice Krispies treats and they travel well. Also, Tie Dye Cheesecake for the flight home.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports

Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #629
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Looking forward to staying at POP for our first time in 11 days. DH and I are going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I still debating doing online check in. We aren't picky in regards to room location but would prefer a higher floor. Can I indicate that during online check in or should I call and request it? Can I still make requests even if online check in is complete?
From what I understand ground floor may still be an online check-in request, but higher floors has not been a choice.

If you want to add a request for a higher floor, I'd recommend calling today and having it added. I say that because I think within 10 days is when the room assignment process happens, in conjunction with any online check-in.

One possible advantage to online check-in is that the separate line for online check-ins may be much shorter than the regular line. I've seen it both ways -- the regular line being just as short, and the regular line being very, very long. When I saw it being very long, I was glad I had done online check-in.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #630
Kristina
DIS Veteran

I just came home the day before last, after a lovely week at Pop ! I did not do online check in instead having my TA request what I wanted and I got 60's lake view 4th floor ! I was so happy as I'd had a preferred pool view booked earlier then cancelled that. It was nice and quiet back there except for the crazy plumbing!! Often it would sound like a huge horn had gone off and it lasted about 5 minutes a go, insane! Even in the middle of the night if someone flushed so I did not do that lol! How old is the Pop anyway, 10 years or something like that? Isn't it a bit early to be having this issue or perhaps it's just the volume of people..I don't know. I enjoyed my stay regardless, aww! Love the Pop !!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: