Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #526
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs
We were there 2 weeks ago and the water was very cold I wonder how long its been broken?
Just left....the pool was crazy cold!!! The other two pools were much warmer.

The CM told us it was ok to swim at AOA.
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #527
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

Is there a surcharge for the ATM? If so how much?
1983- Offsite,1987- Offsite, 1992-Dixie Landings(POR),1993-Dixie Landings(POR), 2005 -Pop Century,2006- All Star Movies,2007- Wilderness Lodge,2008 -All Star Music, 2009- All Star Sports, 2010- Coronado Springs, 2011- All Star Music, 2012-Pop Century, 2013- French Quarter 2014- Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #528
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

:0)

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog

Last edited by derrickmom; 11-06-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #529
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

They weren't locked when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was just a fluke or not.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #530
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

Just wondering how you would get into the AoA pool? Don't you need a AoA room key??[/QUOTE]

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
Old 11-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #531
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom
Just wondering how you would get into the AoA pool? Don't you need a AoA room key??
[/QUOTE]

The gate sign says you need a key but the gates are not locked. We checked twice....once at 1pm and the 12:30am.
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #532
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

I have a few questions, which I tried to find on the first page in the FAQ, but couldn't.

Did I see that there's a new splash pad? I heard the goofy jets were removed, but has something taken its place?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew about activities by the pool? Do they have these, like they do at All Star Music? Is anyone there now who could share the schedule if they do have activities? I'm going to be there in just over a week, so if they put out a schedule for November, I'd love to see it. (I did see the movie schedule. Thanks for that.)

Finally, my friend, who will be coming with me, wanted to know if she should bring a bunch of cash with her or if she can plan on using the ATM in the lobby? She's worried that there might be an exorbitant surcharge for the ATM, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they charge?

Thanks so much.
1983- Offsite,1987- Offsite, 1992-Dixie Landings(POR),1993-Dixie Landings(POR), 2005 -Pop Century,2006- All Star Movies,2007- Wilderness Lodge,2008 -All Star Music, 2009- All Star Sports, 2010- Coronado Springs, 2011- All Star Music, 2012-Pop Century, 2013- French Quarter 2014- Wilderness Lodge
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #533
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover75 View Post
I have a few questions, which I tried to find on the first page in the FAQ, but couldn't.

Did I see that there's a new splash pad? I heard the goofy jets were removed, but has something taken its place?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew about activities by the pool? Do they have these, like they do at All Star Music? Is anyone there now who could share the schedule if they do have activities? I'm going to be there in just over a week, so if they put out a schedule for November, I'd love to see it. (I did see the movie schedule. Thanks for that.)

Finally, my friend, who will be coming with me, wanted to know if she should bring a bunch of cash with her or if she can plan on using the ATM in the lobby? She's worried that there might be an exorbitant surcharge for the ATM, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they charge?

Thanks so much.
There has been no replacement for the Goofy Pop Jets, but there is still the same kids wading pool/splash area near the Hippy Dippy Pool for those little ones who want to get wet.

My pool activities info is getting stale, but yes, Pop does have poolside activities during the day. Hopefully you can get some current info/schedule from someone. Generally they do song trivia, pool games, stuff like that.

I don't have any ATM specific information...sorry...

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 11-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #534
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

I don't know about that particular ATM, but Disney says the ATMs in the parks are Chase ATMs. Chase charges ~$2 for non-chase withdrawals.

Here's the list of Chase locations - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/atm/
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #535
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
There has been no replacement for the Goofy Pop Jets, but there is still the same kids wading pool/splash area near the Hippy Dippy Pool for those little ones who want to get wet.

My pool activities info is getting stale, but yes, Pop does have poolside activities during the day. Hopefully you can get some current info/schedule from someone. Generally they do song trivia, pool games, stuff like that.
As jcarwash posted, there are ongoing poolside activities/games held at the Hippy Dippy pool. Here is a sampling of activies when we were there in August: Disney Trivia, Goofy Bingo, Name that WDW attraction, Water Balloon Toss, Whats in Your Beach Bag?, Giant Games, Water relays, Bingo, etc.

Hippy Dippy Pool Party at 3pm and Groovy Dance party extravaganza at 7pm One can assume that these times are adjusted seasonally.

PIN TRADING & every day at Everything POP Shopping from 12pm-1pm and from 5:30pm-6:30pm. Great fun for everyone! Also held in Classic Hall Lobby from 5-5:30pm.

VINYLMATION & every day from 11am-7pm at Everything POP Shopping.

DO THE HUSTLE .. Boogie on down to the hustle!! Daily at 6pm, near the front desk area in Classic Hall.

Quote:
I saw the movie schedule, thanks for that. Just wondered, do they have activities and games by the pool during the day, like All Star Music has? If so, does anyone know what they are for this month? I'll be there in ten days!
Maybe a returning POPer can provide the most up to date info .... If not you will be informing US!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 11-07-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #536
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
Awesome.... Thanks!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
The next movie schedule you post will be for when I am at POP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
hello poppers! thanks to storm sandy, we made it back to nj on friday afternoon. we just got power back at our apt last night. my poor neighbors were without power for 6 days!! luckily, we only had 2.5 days of no power, and we had no damage (well if you don't count all the food that we threw out ha). we picked up our puppy from the in-laws last night, and power was back on when we returned. score! i'll be back on the dis boards later to catch up on all i missed. once we get settled and pictures are uploaded, look for a trip report from me!
Happy that you made it home safely and that your loss was not as bad other others in NJ. We lost power for only 24 hours, we are very lucky, and feel for our NJ/NY neighbors.

Looking forward to reading your review! If you decide to do aTR, post the link here so we can follow you on over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
This makes it more real to me, since I could take advantage of this since I'll be at POP the last 2 days of November
Wow..your trip is coming up fast!! I remember when you posted after you made your plans. Christmas decorations will be up in full!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #537
Britta1
Earning My Ears

King Bed

Just wondering if there is anyway to guarantee that we will get a King Sized bed, would booking a preferred room increase our chances? Or is there a King Bed Room option at booking?

We have a King Bed at home, so I can't imagine having to share a Queen for 2weeks!

We are planning our DisneyMoon for April and are still trying to decide between POP and POFQ.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #538
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britta1 View Post
Just wondering if there is anyway to guarantee that we will get a King Sized bed, would booking a preferred room increase our chances? Or is there a King Bed Room option at booking?

We have a King Bed at home, so I can't imagine having to share a Queen for 2weeks!

We are planning our DisneyMoon for April and are still trying to decide between POP and POFQ.
There is no way to guarantee a king. In order to give yourselves the best chance of getting a king, I would make that your only request.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #539
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britta1 View Post

As stated above, there is no guarantee for a King, and there are not many of them, though they are in each building. Also, many Kings are also the handicap accessible rooms, so they go to them in priority.

Also, POP does not have Queen beds, it has doubles. So if you don't get the King you would get a room with 2 doubles.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #540
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the replies. The Chase info was very helpful, and so were the bits about the activities and the no pop jet thing.

I totally appreciate it!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: