Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #466
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuracaoGirl View Post
We just returned from a wonderful week at POP and I can't stop thinking how to plan a next visit as early as next year.
Really loved being there in early October, but not sure I will manage to make the necessary arrangements at work though.
But you never know....I'm thinking positive.
That's right, think positive!! Maybe can you go a little later in November (or December??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissacolston View Post
We have reservations at POP for January!! I love reading this, it makes me feel like we made the right decision!! It was either POP or LM at AoA! This is our first trip as a family and I have not been in over 10 yrs so it will be like the first time for me too!!
You will love POP!! And being that AoA is over the bridge, it's a win-win situation, stay at POP and check out AoA.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #467
mrs.sammich
Mouseketeer

I just want to say, this thread is the main reason we decided on Pop for our upcoming stay. Great information from so many people and I loved how much everyone says it feels like home. I'm hoping my group will feel the same about Pop. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #468
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Just called to request a lake view in the 60s section. Hoping they will grant my "wish"... 27 days )
Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #469
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

24 hours and counting until we are at POP!!!!
This trip is bitter sweet....we were planning this trip to celebrate my SIL's one year being clean & sober, however she fell off the wagon and will no longer be going but we will make the best of it and have a blast!! My 9 yr old son is super excited!
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #470
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Well we are supposed to arrive at POP tomorrow evening...provided our flight is not cancelled. Don't know where our flight will be coming from and not sure if BWI will be operational (thinking it should be but one never knows now does one). Wish us Luck!!!
Most importantly want to make it to FL for the cruise on Sunday...

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #471
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis
quick update: we checked out this morning and then checked back in since they had to book it under the "hurricane" code. we're flying out friday morning now. we got a nice cm this time, which makes all the difference. we're just resting at the hotel today and then we plan to do universal studios and islands of adventure tomorrow and thursday. we might as well while we're here!! i'm super excited to get to go to wizarding world since our original plans couldn't fit it. and we are scheduling a mears shuttle to pick us up from pop and take us to universal studios. it's $19 per person roundtrip. does anyone have experience using them for this particular run? does anyone have other transportation suggestions (besides renting a car, which would not be cost efficient for us)? thanks!!!
Yes...used Mears shuttle from Pop to US/IoA a couple years ago. Would use them again. Thy picked us up on time, you call them a couple hours before you want to be picked up. If memory serves, I feel like it was a bit of a walk to where they drop you off and pick you up at US/IoA.
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #472
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink
Well we are supposed to arrive at POP tomorrow evening...provided our flight is not cancelled. Don't know where our flight will be coming from and not sure if BWI will be operational (thinking it should be but one never knows now does one). Wish us Luck!!!

Called today and BWI is scheduled to reopen tomorrow. My SW flights is currently on time. What time is your flight?

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #473
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom
Quote:

Called today and BWI is scheduled to reopen tomorrow. My SW flights is currently on time. What time is your flight?
oh WoW are you flying SW out of BWI tomorrow too? Small World!! Our flight is 3:50pm. I figure we still could have a problem based on the fact that i dont know where our flight is coming from.... :/

Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #474
GeorgiaH
Mouseketeer

YAY! We are returning to Pop Century. Made our reservation yesterday, now the countdown begins.
2007 Pop Century
2002 Caribbean Beach
1994 All Star Sports
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #475
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

oh WoW are you flying SW out of BWI tomorrow too? Small World!! Our flight is 3:50pm. I figure we still could have a problem based on the fact that i dont know where our flight is coming from.... :/

If you call SW they will tell you were the plane is coming from....my flight is coming from North Carolina.....yay

Old 10-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #476
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Transportation to Universal/IOA

I'm a little late to the party since the OP asking about transportation is probably on her way now, but I just wanted to put in a plug for the Dreams Unlimited package found here: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...al/tickets.htm

I'm not sure how much advance time you need to order tickets this way, but we purchased a 2 day/2 park ticket with round trip transportation on two days when we were there in April. The shuttle picked us up from Pop and made one other stop at Bonnet Creek and we were on our way. It was a really early pick up because we wanted to be there to open the park. For both pick ups, the shuttle driver was prompt, polite and friendly. On the return trip, we were in a motor coach that was almost full. On one return trip, which was late -- after we saw the Blue Man Group, we went straight to Pop and then the bus dropped off the others. On the second return trip, which was in the mid-afternoon, we stopped at Sea World first to pick up more passengers and then the first drop off was Pop.

Anyway, buying the US/IOA tickets this way made the transportation pretty much free. I thought it was a good deal.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #477
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
Janet B-

Thank you do much for your help and advice
You are welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.sammich View Post
I just want to say, this thread is the main reason we decided on Pop for our upcoming stay. Great information from so many people and I loved how much everyone says it feels like home. I'm hoping my group will feel the same about Pop. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Agree! POP has some great followers and believers and some of the friendliness DISers on the forum. Hope you have a magical time at POP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
Just called to request a lake view in the 60s section. Hoping they will grant my "wish"... 27 days )
Here's some for making that happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
24 hours and counting until we are at POP!!!!
This trip is bitter sweet....we were planning this trip to celebrate my SIL's one year being clean & sober, however she fell off the wagon and will no longer be going but we will make the best of it and have a blast!! My 9 yr old son is super excited!
So sorry lovbeinmom ... addication is a disease effecting the entire family .... go and have a wonderful time and think of a return trip when hopefully your SIL can join you -- clean and sober. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Good luck with the flights and have a wonderful cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaH View Post
YAY! We are returning to Pop Century. Made our reservation yesterday, now the countdown begins.
let the planning begin!!

TY Kook!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #478
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I'm a little late to the party since the OP asking about transportation is probably on her way now, but I just wanted to put in a plug for the Dreams Unlimited package found here: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...al/tickets.htm

I'm not sure how much advance time you need to order tickets this way, but we purchased a 2 day/2 park ticket with round trip transportation on two days when we were there in April. The shuttle picked us up from Pop and made one other stop at Bonnet Creek and we were on our way. It was a really early pick up because we wanted to be there to open the park. For both pick ups, the shuttle driver was prompt, polite and friendly. On the return trip, we were in a motor coach that was almost full. On one return trip, which was late -- after we saw the Blue Man Group, we went straight to Pop and then the bus dropped off the others. On the second return trip, which was in the mid-afternoon, we stopped at Sea World first to pick up more passengers and then the first drop off was Pop.

Anyway, buying the US/IOA tickets this way made the transportation pretty much free. I thought it was a good deal.
Sandi ... thanks for this great info and link! you are always a wealth of information.

TY Kook!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #479
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
Yes...used Mears shuttle from Pop to US/IoA a couple years ago. Would use them again. Thy picked us up on time, you call them a couple hours before you want to be picked up. If memory serves, I feel like it was a bit of a walk to where they drop you off and pick you up at US/IoA.
Good to know ... Thanks for your sharing your experience!

TY Kook!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #480
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

HEADED TO POP!!! We are flying out via SW tomorrow morning at 6:30! So far it is right on schedule! Hopefully it stay that way!!
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: