Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #31
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone ! Here we go thread # 7! Thank you Janet ! I already have a question too! I was just oogling the Pop menu over at Allears and noticed that the burritos are now listed as being served until 10pm in the Specialty Shop and the Mom's Night Out are also listed below that and until 10pm. Now before the burritos were only served during lunch from what I've heard. Anyone know if they are offered for dinner now as well? Thanks!

43 days

Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #32
Jodie R
Earning My Ears

13 days 3 hours and 22 minutes until we leave for our first stay at the Pop! We try to go every year (usually in Dec), but we've never stayed at Pop!
Thanks Janet for the great thread! I have gotten so much info from everyone!
We are surprising my daughter at her 13th birthday party and telling her we are leaving after the party! She has no clue! She thinks we are going in Dec again!
We have dinner reservations at the castle for her actual bday! And we are going to MNSSHP for the first time!
Sooooo excited! It's hard to keep everything a secret!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
luvnwdwgal
Earning My Ears

Can anyone confirm this? Is there shower gel? I'm getting conflicting reports on another website and I would like to know for sure. One less thing to pack cause I can't stand showering with the bar soap! The less weight in my suitcase means more gifts to buy for our 19 month old granddaughter! Just 3 more weeks!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #34
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebit View Post
Just popping in to thank you, Janet, for the new thread. I don't post a lot these days, but I'm always lurking - keeping informed. Some of my trips are pretty much last-minute & we always stay at POP so I know I couldn't be so spontaneous without this thread to keep me up-to-date and organized.
You are too kind! I'm helped out by what everyone brings to the thread about POP. It's a shared effort and a fun one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuracaoGirl View Post
In exactly 1 week we'll be at POP for the first time!
Can't wait!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
1 week + 1 day until our POP first visit!! Also can't wait!!!
POP newbies!! Hope you both love POP as much as we all do!! If you get a chance, pop back here and tell us all about your trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Hey Janet, great job on this new thread. Unfortunately, I don't have a Pop trip scheduled (need to work on that!), but I feel like this is my "home" thread. Are you feeling the love!

Looking forward to hearing about upcoming trips and offering help where I can.
Sandi, you are always a great help on this thread with all your POP expertise ....so thank you! And what's up with no trip scheduled??? That you need to recitfy immediately... We all need lots of love, don't we??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Hi everyone ! Here we go thread # 7! Thank you Janet ! I already have a question too! I was just oogling the Pop menu over at Allears and noticed that the burritos are now listed as being served until 10pm in the Specialty Shop and the Mom's Night Out are also listed below that and until 10pm. Now before the burritos were only served during lunch from what I've heard. Anyone know if they are offered for dinner now as well? Thanks!

43 days
Hi Kristina! Thank you!! I don't have an answer, but I'm sure there will be someone that can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie R View Post
13 days 3 hours and 22 minutes until we leave for our first stay at the Pop! We try to go every year (usually in Dec), but we've never stayed at Pop!
Thanks Janet for the great thread! I have gotten so much info from everyone!
We are surprising my daughter at her 13th birthday party and telling her we are leaving after the party! She has no clue! She thinks we are going in Dec again!
We have dinner reservations at the castle for her actual bday! And we are going to MNSSHP for the first time!
Sooooo excited! It's hard to keep everything a secret!!
Oh, what a great surprise for your DD! I would fail miserably at keeping the secret. You all will have a great time at MNSSHP, it's such a blast. This will be a memorable birthday for your DD ... Enjoy!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #35
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
Can anyone confirm this? Is there shower gel? I'm getting conflicting reports on another website and I would like to know for sure. One less thing to pack cause I can't stand showering with the bar soap! The less weight in my suitcase means more gifts to buy for our 19 month old granddaughter! Just 3 more weeks!!!
Unless something has changed since August, there is no shower gel that I'm aware of... POP has a combo shampoo/conditioner and bath and hand soap.

for only 3 more weeks!! And buy one of the mickey duffel bags for gifts for your granddaughter.

TY Kook!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #36
raraavis
Mouseketeer

i've moved with you! thanks janet!

3 weeks until i will be at pop for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #37
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Wow already on page 3 of the new thread

I didn't think I was that far behind, but apparently I must have stalled along the way. Such a great thread, it's already on Page 3. Happy Planning to all my fellow poppers.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #38
AnastasiaF
Earning My Ears

We are heading down for our first stay at POP on October 20th. We have 2 rooms and I am hoping that they give us adjoining rooms - would it be better to do online check in or wait until we are there to make sure they give us adjoining?

Also, my mother has rented a scooter to get around the parks with. It is being delivered to the main lobby. Does anyone know if it can be kept and recharged in the room or is the only option out at the luggage area? I am assuming it could be quite a hike to retrieve it every morning if that is the only option.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Followed over from the previous thread. Thanks to everyone for making this my fav thread. I've only posted a few questions in the past, but read it daily!!! Guess I'm a "stalker"!
We will be staying our first time at PoP, Dec. 10-15. First time for a Christmas trip as well. Want the time before to go fast and then slow down that week
Thanks everyone for the wonderful posts.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #40
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

Groovy!!!

See my ticker????

12 days until we're en route to Disney- that's when I've got my clock officially set for! And DD STILL doesn't know!!!

ETA- So...you probably don't see my ticker since I don't have one on here. But trust me when I tell you that it's 12 days until I leave and 13 to check into Pop! DH asked yesterday when playing on the Disney Mobile app if he needed to set a reminder about our vacation. We looked at each other and started laughing- no way am I letting him forget!
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay at AKL
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #41
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
Followed over from the previous thread. Thanks to everyone for making this my fav thread. I've only posted a few questions in the past, but read it daily!!! Guess I'm a "stalker"!
We will be staying our first time at PoP, Dec. 10-15. First time for a Christmas trip as well. Want the time before to go fast and then slow down that week
I am right there with you! I don't post much, but this is my favorite thread on the boards. Everyone is so positive, friendly and helpful.

You picked an excellent week to go to Pop. We've done that same week there for the past 3 years. So much fun!!! The crowds are great and it's really festive in all the parks. You're going to have a blast! Are you going to do MVMCP?

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 09-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #42
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
i've moved with you! thanks janet!

3 weeks until i will be at pop for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm lovin' all the first time POPers here!! If you get a chance, please post your thoughts and experiences about our favorite place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
I didn't think I was that far behind, but apparently I must have stalled along the way. Such a great thread, it's already on Page 3. Happy Planning to all my fellow poppers.
No, you are not far behind ...you have got up to "speed" already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
No, not a stalker ... hmmm a lurker? how bout a friendly follow along reader?? No matter, all are welcomed here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
Groovy!!!

See my ticker????

12 days until we're en route to Disney- that's when I've got my clock officially set for! And DD STILL doesn't know!!!

ETA- So...you probably don't see my ticker since I don't have one on here. But trust me when I tell you that it's 12 days until I leave and 13 to check into Pop! DH asked yesterday when playing on the Disney Mobile app if he needed to set a reminder about our vacation. We looked at each other and started laughing- no way am I letting him forget!
Have a fabulous time!! If you are attending the Halloween party ... it is a blast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
I am right there with you! I don't post much, but this is my favorite thread on the boards. Everyone is so positive, friendly and helpful.
Agree 100% ... I think us POPers are pretty special ...

TY Kook!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #43
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaF View Post
We are heading down for our first stay at POP on October 20th. We have 2 rooms and I am hoping that they give us adjoining rooms - would it be better to do online check in or wait until we are there to make sure they give us adjoining?

Also, my mother has rented a scooter to get around the parks with. It is being delivered to the main lobby. Does anyone know if it can be kept and recharged in the room or is the only option out at the luggage area? I am assuming it could be quite a hike to retrieve it every morning if that is the only option.

Thanks!
Are you looking for "adjoining" or "connecting"? As you probably know, connecting has a door between the 2 rooms, adjoining is nearby, but doesn't have an inside door to go back and forth between the 2 rooms.

Make sure it is listed on your room reservation, and if it is the most important request, make sure it is listed first. We have never used the on-line feature, depending on what other requests you may have, suggest you might consider using the regular check in line. I'm sure others will chime in to let you know their experiences. This summer we elected not to do online check-in, and we had connecting, 60s, upper floor request. Just remember, that with using either option, you can always speak with a CM to discuss changing your room location if you are not satified with your assigned one.

As far as the scooter, yes you can charge them in your room (which most people do I believe) or as you mentioned you can recharge them at luggage services; available on a first come basis.

TY Kook!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #44
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

45 days to go! I so need a vacation...looking forward to a fun trip and a much needed get away!
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 09-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #45
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Thank you, Janet B, for keeping this going! I'm sitting here, frustrated over a client project that has some issues (any Word experts out here?), but the thought of our trip -- a week from tomorrow! -- is keeping me from grumbling too loudly! And with any luck, I'll be going knowing that I'm starting a new job the next Monday.... keep your fingers crossed for me!

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: