Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #406
MiReQu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Take the Epcot bus and allow at least an hour before your ADR. Suggest getting to the bus stop by 6:45 am. From the front of Epcot it will be approx a15 minute walk to get to akerhaus.
Thanks so much for your response. This board has been a wealth of information.

One more bus question: If we are planning on being at MK on 11/1 for EMH, would you also advise getting to the bus stop at 6:45 am? How full does the bus get for the parks that have EMH?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #407
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to my first visit to POP (and my first time staying onsite in general!) May 6-11,2013! Can any vets tell me realistic average wait time and travel time to the various parks from POP,using Disney bus service?

Also,I arrive at MCO at 12:46 pm,flying in from Canada. Can anyone tell me how long it will take to catch DME, get to POP, and get checked into our rooms? Do they ever allow early check in or can you request that?

I am not an impatient person,I just want to know the expected times so I can plan our arrival day accordingly I just hate wasting time when it can be avoided with a little advance planning-Disney time is precious! We also plan to take an afternoon break during our MK day,so it would be nice to know how much time it will take to get to the hotel then back to the parks later.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #408
jimmiej
Quite unintentionally, I invented the Naked Segway Tour

Just returned from our second stay at Pop. This is a quality value resort. My favorite part is Everything Pop. The food selections are varied and good.

We stayed in a standard room in the 50s section. Initially, our room had an odor; maybe musty/moldy. We requested a change and management took care of us in just a few minutes.

Bus service was a bit slow, but not bad. I wish the bus queues were in the shade. The heat was brutal!

Would recommend Pop to anyone looking to stay at a value resort.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #409
jimmiej

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
Looking forward to my first visit to POP (and my first time staying onsite in general!) May 6-11,2013! Can any vets tell me realistic average wait time and travel time to the various parks from POP,using Disney bus service?

Also,I arrive at MCO at 12:46 pm,flying in from Canada. Can anyone tell me how long it will take to catch DME, get to POP, and get checked into our rooms? Do they ever allow early check in or can you request that?

I am not an impatient person,I just want to know the expected times so I can plan our arrival day accordingly I just hate wasting time when it can be avoided with a little advance planning-Disney time is precious! We also plan to take an afternoon break during our MK day,so it would be nice to know how much time it will take to get to the hotel then back to the parks later.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
You can reasonably expect to be at your resort by 2:00. Since Pop is centrally located, figure 15 minutes to Epcot and DHS; a little longer to MK, AK, and Downtown Disney.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #410
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You can reasonably expect to be at your resort by 2:00. Since Pop is centrally located, figure 15 minutes to Epcot and DHS; a little longer to MK, AK, and Downtown Disney.
Thank you! Even if we can't get a check in earlier than 3:00 pm, that will give us plenty of time to get something to eat prior to checking in. I figure based on the bus times, we can definitely be at DHS by 4:00 if we leave the hotel by 3:30. With any luck, we might just catch the last showing of Indiana Jones!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #411
AntFarm
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the best building location at Pop would be to have the shortest walk over to AOA? I am sure we would like to take photos and "explore" the grounds (especially the Cars and Lion King sections) over there since I no longer have the desire to actually pay to stay there.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #412
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntFarm View Post
Does anyone know what the best building location at Pop would be to have the shortest walk over to AOA? I am sure we would like to take photos and "explore" the grounds (especially the Cars and Lion King sections) over there since I no longer have the desire to actually pay to stay there.
Buildings 4 and 5 are closest to the Generation Bridge

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #413
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I'm getting on the Magical Express to go to Pop! Looks like everyone else is too! Smart people.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #414
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

So I paid off my trip yesterday but forget to put my request for lake view 60s building, should I call back or just wait till online check-in?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #415
jimmiej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
So I paid off my trip yesterday but forget to put my request for lake view 60s building, should I call back or just wait till online check-in?
I don't believe you can be that specific during on-line check-in. I could be wrong. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #416
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I'm getting on the Magical Express to go to Pop! Looks like everyone else is too! Smart people.

Have a great time

Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #417
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Yes you can now be that specific. That is exactly what I requested and igot bldg 5 ground floor lake view. I did call in the ground floor part, but you get2 requests when doing online checkin. Best of luck to you on getting your choices too!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #418
jimmiej

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
Yes you can now be that specific. That is exactly what I requested and igot bldg 5 ground floor lake view. I did call in the ground floor part, but you get2 requests when doing online checkin. Best of luck to you on getting your choices too!

Thank you for the correction.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #419
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Oh boy, watch out for hurricane sandy! We are at pop now, and the weather is great! We are probably going to change our flight from Tuesday to Wednesday, which means we're adding a night at Pop. I guess being stuck in Disney world is better than getting stuck in new jersey, haha! For everyone traveling from/to the northeast in the next couple if days, be safe!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #420
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Over-the-door shoe organizer

Since storage/counter top space is limited I'm interested in putting an over-the door shoe organizer to hold toiletries, and other little items.

I tried doing this at POR but the top of the doors were flush with the door frame and I wasn't able to close the door with the organizer hanging on it.

Has anyone tried this at POP?

Monica
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: