Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #391
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
I've always wanted to stay in one of those rooms right next to the Hippy Dippy Pool so I booked a preferred pool view and requested the ground floor. I just think it would be so neat to walk right out your door and be at the main pool.

Has anyone ever stayed in one of those rooms? I'm wondering, too, if preferred pool view might include the rooms that overlook the baby pool and the landscaped area closer to the lake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
According to the room map in post #1 of the FAQ, the rooms overlooking the kids pool are preferred view vs. preferred pool view. Preferred pool view rooms are the rooms from the icon section toward Classic Hall and look at the Hippy Dippy Pool. There are also different room rates for preferred view and preferred pool view.
Thanks jcarwash you explained the difference well.

HappyGal .. Pref pool view is a way to guarantee yourself right where you want to be ...FYI, in August we were in Bldg 4 (playdoh), 2nd floor and right around the corner from the elevator ...as close to Pref Pool view as we can be staying standard. The 60s location is great.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #392
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

Can the beds be pushed together? The kids like to pile in bed with us on vacation and double beds by themselves are so small.
Thanks!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #393
Grandmaof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Moose View Post
Can the beds be pushed together? The kids like to pile in bed with us on vacation and double beds by themselves are so small.
Thanks!!
We stayed there a couple of years ago and I do not think you can move the beds.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #394
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaof2 View Post
We stayed there a couple of years ago and I do not think you can move the beds.
That's correct ... unfortunately the beds are on permanent pedestals and are not moveable (handicap accessible rooms are the exception).

TY Kook!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #395
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

We ended up booking 2 rooms so we can spread out and have 2 bathrooms!! It ended up being $600 less than AoA suites.
We're super excited!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #396
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We ended up booking 2 rooms so we can spread out and have 2 bathrooms!! It ended up being $600 less than AoA suites.
We're super excited!!!

This is exactly why we were at POP in August and not tempted to try the suites .. it was about $150 more to stay at AoA. We just liked the idea of 4 regular beds... plus we love POP! We requested and received connecting rooms so it was nice to be able to spread out between the 2 rooms (which was good, as we had 5 females!

TY Kook!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #397
CuracaoGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

That's correct ... unfortunately the beds are on permanent pedestals and are not moveable (handicap accessible rooms are the exception).
When we stayed there a couple of weeks ago, we were able to move one of the beds to the wall.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #398
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to get back to POP! We stayed there in May 2011, this year we stayed at OKW, and in 2013 we are booked 5/9-5/19 at POP again. OKW was a beautiful resort and the room amenities were luxurious, of course, but we actually left saying that we couldn't wait to stay at POP again. I need those Mickey waffles at the crack of dawn to get me going!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #399
MiReQu
Earning My Ears

Magic Express question

We are arriving at POP on October 31; my last trip to Disney was 1981. So looking forward to experiencing Disney with my niece, nephew and sister-in-law. My question is about The Disney transportation. We are booked for a character breakfast at Akershas at 8 am on Saturday. The first page of this board gives you information of getting to other Character breakfasts but not Epcots. Will we be able to use ME to get here? If so what time should we be in line to get the bus? How long will it take us to walk to Akershas?
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #400
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

Question Bounce back dates at pop?

We leave on 11/21 for pop and I have to put in for my time off in 2013 before we leave I was wondering what the current dates are being offered specifically in August? Also is it free dining and do I have to upgrade to full dining plan at the same time? Thank you for any answers.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #401
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellelovesthemous
We leave on 11/21 for pop and I have to put in for my time off in 2013 before we leave I was wondering what the current dates are being offered specifically in August? Also is it free dining and do I have to upgrade to full dining plan at the same time? Thank you for any answers.
When we were there in August believe the BB dates for FD next year are Aug 18th to sept 26th. You do not have to upgrade to the regular DP. Do not know if the BB will still be FD when you are there in November but fingers crossed.

TY Kook!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #402
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuracaoGirl

When we stayed there a couple of weeks ago, we were able to move one of the beds to the wall.
Did you have a HA room?

TY Kook!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #403
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear
I can't wait to get back to POP! We stayed there in May 2011, this year we stayed at OKW, and in 2013 we are booked 5/9-5/19 at POP again. OKW was a beautiful resort and the room amenities were luxurious, of course, but we actually left saying that we couldn't wait to stay at POP again. I need those Mickey waffles at the crack of dawn to get me going!
Pop is so much fun! We love the food court and Mickey waffles and the chocolate croissants, etc.! Plus we love to people watch We missed the food court when we stayed at OKW. You have a nice long vacation planned! Happy planning!!

TY Kook!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #404
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiReQu
We are arriving at POP on October 31; my last trip to Disney was 1981. So looking forward to experiencing Disney with my niece, nephew and sister-in-law. My question is about The Disney transportation. We are booked for a character breakfast at Akershas at 8 am on Saturday. The first page of this board gives you information of getting to other Character breakfasts but not Epcots. Will we be able to use ME to get here? If so what time should we be in line to get the bus? How long will it take us to walk to Akershas?
Thanks.
Take the Epcot bus and allow at least an hour before your ADR. Suggest getting to the bus stop by 6:45 am. From the front of Epcot it will be approx a15 minute walk to get to akerhaus.

TY Kook!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #405
CuracaoGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Did you have a HA room?
No, we had a regular room.
Still trying to find some time to write a quick review.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: