Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #3436
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

Hi all.

My family has settled on POP as our resort choice for our upcoming trip. POP being new to me, I'm not sure what to request (if anything) for building/location. We are booking a nothing special room - not pool/water or prefered or anything like that. What do you recommend for a young family who doesn't know POP? Really the only thing that might be of special interest is easy access to bus stop.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #3437
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
Hi all.

My family has settled on POP as our resort choice for our upcoming trip. POP being new to me, I'm not sure what to request (if anything) for building/location. We are booking a nothing special room - not pool/water or prefered or anything like that. What do you recommend for a young family who doesn't know POP? Really the only thing that might be of special interest is easy access to bus stop.

Thanks in advance!
I really enjoyed the 70's section, building 6. It was very quiet (no pool), faced the lake (but not all in this building do), and was close to the main building. If you're going to request anything other than the 70's, request that you are not facing a pool. When I went in 2010, we faced the computer pool and it was quite loud at night.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #3438
mrsmickeyandson
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
Hi all.

Thanks in advance!
Then I'd request close to dining/buses...and otherwise leave it to chance
Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #3439
Kat016
DIS Veteran

How does the online check in work? What is it exactly?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #3440
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
How does the online check in work? What is it exactly?
They really should change the name to "Online Pre-registration" because that is all you are doing. You confirm your travel party, your contact information, address, etc and provide a Credit Card for charging back to your room. When you arrive at the resort, you will go into a separate line designated for Online Check In. You show your ID and they will hand you your packet as it will already be printed and ready for you.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #3441
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

They really should change the name to "Online Pre-registration" because that is all you are doing. You confirm your travel party, your contact information, address, etc and provide a Credit Card for charging back to your room. When you arrive at the resort, you will go into a separate line designated for Online Check In. You show your ID and they will hand you your packet as it will already be printed and ready for you.
Ok...so its almost like an express line type thing when you show up at the resort?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #3442
PetuniaAnn
Earning My Ears

Pretty much

Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #3443
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetuniaAnn
Pretty much
Ok...that works too. Thank you!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #3444
PetuniaAnn
Earning My Ears

It speeds up check in greatly.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #3445
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I can help with some of this, and hopefully others can pop in with the rest.

I have stayed at POP twice since the fridges went in, both times being last year, and have never had trouble with the fridges. You may have just had a bad unit at POFQ. I've kept food and drinks in mine with no issues.

Disney recommends emailing their Special Diets unit after you book your reservation and they can help you with any needs and questions you have regarding special diets. Their email address is SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com. You can also call them at (407)824-5967. If you make any dining reservations be sure to note when you book it and ask to talk to the chef when you arrive.

I can't say 100% if they would let you use the freezer at POP, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

To avoid passing a pool but being close to transportation I would recommend requesting a room in the 70s. There is no pool at all by either building in the 70s section, and it is very close to the bus stops. There are both standard and preferred rooms in the 70s. You can view the map here: POP Map

I hope this helps some!
Thanks, from that map 70s building looks perfect.

I have contacted Special Diets my past 2 trips. The first I felt they were much more helpful and I was even contacted by chefs, but this time I didn't think it did anything for us. I tried to ask questions about foods available to get a feel for what they would have that my 3 kids could eat, but their response was to tell me that they change vendors so frequently they wouldn't be able to tell me in advance what was safe or not. It made quick service dining a nightmare while we were there.

I'll ask about the freezer. I may be able to plan things around needing one, but figured just in case. Having a kitchen would be ideal for us, but I can't see spending that much more on a resort for just the two of us this trip.

Thanks again!

Heather

Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #3446
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Oh, one more question. As my husband FINALLY agreed to this trip for me and my son last night I'm looking at dates and deciding when I should book. We will be going for 4 nights in mid-November. Does Pop fill up at that time of year usually? Looks like plenty of availability now but if I can put off booking and paying the deposit for another month or so that would be ideal. I'm really hoping to get an AP discount but I heard those won't be out until the end of August.

I don't think mid-Nov is busy enough for them to fill up by the end of summer, but figured I'd double check. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #3447
10_Kyle_10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416 View Post
I really enjoyed the 70's section, building 6. It was very quiet (no pool), faced the lake (but not all in this building do), and was close to the main building. If you're going to request anything other than the 70's, request that you are not facing a pool. When I went in 2010, we faced the computer pool and it was quite loud at night.

This is pretty much spot on! I requested 70's for our upcoming trip and really hope we get it. Facing the pool in SUPER loud and not for us.

Fort Wilderness: 1991, 1992, 1995 x 2, 2005 / Wilderness Lodge: 2000 / Caribbean Beach: 2002 / Coronado Springs: 2010 / All Star Sports: 1997 / All Star Music: 2007, 2009, 2011 / Pop Century: 2008, 2012, 2013 / Grosvenor: 2006 / Off Site: 1990
Old 07-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #3448
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me how comfortable are the bed?
Stayed at AOA LM last year and thought the bed were comfortable
Are they the same types of beds?
Also the area with the Mickey Phone what section and building number is this
Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #3449
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Anyone there now and can update us on the status of the room fridges?

See this post for the details on the TEMPORARY REMOVAL OF ALL WDW GUEST ROOM FRIDGES

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48916468

I'm kinda panicking where we're going to chill our summer water bottles in August!

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #3450
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Also the area with the Mickey Phone what section and building number is this
Building 6 in the 70's section has the Mickey Mouse telephone icon.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: