Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #331
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
We are now considering Pop for our next trip. DD5 says she wants to stay at the "pac man" hotel! :-) My question is does anyone know how long you can stay parked in the parking lot after check out? We may be driving down to WDW and doing a split onsite/offsite stay and would probably like to do MK on our checkout day so that we can use the buses to avoid the multipart production involved in driving to the MK :-)
Thanks!
The parking permit lists the day of check out. So I would assume until 11:59pm on the day you check out.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #332
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink

The parking permit lists the day of check out. So I would assume until 11:59pm on the day you check out.
Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #333
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBobDerby View Post
Thank you again Janet, we picked the quick service plan because of being on the move and the kids will not want to be in restaurants every meal. Is that a normal plan? My partner does not drink fizzy drinks (soda) she has to have drinks that are flat like water and juice, do the refillable cup offer drinks like this? We are thinking of going to a supermarket the first day to get a few bits, where is the best place to go that does not cost an arm and a leg
Okay, so the Quick Service Plan! That entitiles each person to 2 counter service (CS) meals and one snack per day. FYI, you do not have to use this allotment per day, the credits are available to use as you see fit from check in day to midnight of your checkout day. NOTE: you referred to "tips", but as you have the Quick Service Plan, tipping isn't a factor (referring to meals).

Besides coke products, refillable mug selections also include coffee, tea (hot or ice - sweetened & unsweetened), minute maid light lemonade, fruit punch but no orange or apple juice. Water is available at the beverage counter stations (it will be a tab on one of the other drink choices). Juice is available for purchase in the food court, but as you will have a car, easier (and cheaper) to buy it at a grocery store.

There is a Publix Grocery store and a Walmart nearby. The conceirage should be able to give you maps and directions to stores, as well as other DISers who have had experience in grocery shopping (we haven't)

The Allears website link (in my other post) provides menus for counter service locations as well as table service.

Some CS favorites of ours:

Flame Tree BBQ; Yak & Yeti - Animal Kingdom
Cosmic Rays; Pecos Bill; Columbia Harbor House - Magic Kingdom
Sunshine Seasons; England, France - Epcot
Wolfgang Puck Express; Earl of Sandwich - Downtown Disney

We usually do not eat a counter service at Hollywood Studios, but have eaten at Backlot Express. A friend of mine likes FairFax Fare. As an alternative, try either Sci-Fi or Primetime 50s with the kids ... both are a lot of fun! These options are Table Service, which would mean you pay out of pocket.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #334
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Thank you very much for your help! That is some very good information, i have never been to the US before so driving to the venue is going to be a bit scary. We will be hiring car with sat nav, would that a help when getting there? We will be doing a dry run the day before. Have you any more advise or information about the venue that will help us? Thank you
The GPS will certainly help and I also printed out directions from Bing maps as we had quite a few cars going there. My daughter's wedding was the first one of the day and guests from the second wedding had to wait before they were able to enter the site. As soon as all we had planned was completed, the wedding planner seemed to rush us out. So, make sure you have all that you need: decorations, flowers, cake etc. before you leave.
When you enter the park, the tree-lined lane is amazing and the photographer was able to capture great portraits there after the ceremony.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #335
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
I am not too bothered about where we stay or what area we are facing because i have read here that everything is not far to get to. We will be hiring a car though and would like to know what company you guys would point me to. We are only having the car for a week from Sunday-Sunday.
I booked a car using codes from rentalcarmomma.com and there are a lot of codes listed in the Transportation section of Disboards. You could also try Hotwire or Priceline as you are getting quite close to your arrival date. Check with your car insurance company or credit card company to make sure you will be covered while driving in the US so that you don't have to add insurance when you pick up your car. All of the agencies will try to sell you insurance as an add-on.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #336
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Okay, so the Quick Service Plan! That entitiles each person to 2 counter service (CS) meals and one snack per day. FYI, you do not have to use this allotment per day, the credits are available to use as you see fit from check in day to midnight of your checkout day. NOTE: you referred to "tips", but as you have the Quick Service Plan, tipping isn't a factor (referring to meals).

Besides coke products, refillable mug selections also include coffee, tea (hot or ice - sweetened & unsweetened), minute maid light lemonade, fruit punch but no orange or apple juice. Water is available at the beverage counter stations (it will be a tab on one of the other drink choices). Juice is available for purchase in the food court, but as you will have a car, easier (and cheaper) to buy it at a grocery store.

There is a Publix Grocery store and a Walmart nearby. The conceirage should be able to give you maps and directions to stores, as well as other DISers who have had experience in grocery shopping (we haven't)

The Allears website link (in my other post) provides menus for counter service locations as well as table service.

Some CS favorites of ours:

Flame Tree BBQ; Yak & Yeti - Animal Kingdom
Cosmic Rays; Pecos Bill; Columbia Harbor House - Magic Kingdom
Sunshine Seasons; England, France - Epcot
Wolfgang Puck Express; Earl of Sandwich - Downtown Disney

We usually do not eat a counter service at Hollywood Studios, but have eaten at Backlot Express. A friend of mine likes FairFax Fare. As an alternative, try either Sci-Fi or Primetime 50s with the kids ... both are a lot of fun! These options are Table Service, which would mean you pay out of pocket.
Just to add to this, if you are using a CS credit at POP's food court, you get a drink with your meal in addition to using your refillable mug, so if both of the adults get CS meals, both of them can grab a bottled juice and one of them drinks juice, one drinks soda with their mug and then just save one bottle for later.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #337
LeeBobDerby
Earning My Ears

Thank you Janet great info again! Smitch425 great idea. Itinkso Thank you for the reply, i was just going to go to Disney and rent a car and pay for it there. Looking at the links you gave, wow it seems if i know what i was doing i could save a book before i leave. Just don't know here to start. I did have a read on mousesavers but it seems to be only for US residents? A price from Alamo for a 4 door small car with GPS is $265 for the week 10/28 - 11/04, is that a good price? From the look of it, it does include the insurance (fully inc).
Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #338
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Thank you Janet great info again! Smitch425 great idea. Itinkso Thank you for the reply, i was just going to go to Disney and rent a car and pay for it there. Looking at the links you gave, wow it seems if i know what i was doing i could save a book before i leave. Just don't know here to start. I did have a read on mousesavers but it seems to be only for US residents? A price from Alamo for a 4 door small car with GPS is $265 for the week 10/28 - 11/04, is that a good price? From the look of it, it does include the insurance (fully inc).
I have a compact (Alamo) reserved for Jan. 1st for 8 days for $237. Picking up at the Dolphin Hotel - which isn't too far from Pop if you are using the Magical Express to get to Pop. If you need the insurance, then your pricing isn't bad at all. I signed up for the Alamo Insiders club and the National Emerald Club so that both my husband and I can drive the car without an additional charge.

Last edited by Itinkso; 10-19-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #339
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Just to add to this, if you are using a CS credit at POP's food court, you get a drink with your meal in addition to using your refillable mug, so if both of the adults get CS meals, both of them can grab a bottled juice and one of them drinks juice, one drinks soda with their mug and then just save one bottle for later.
Great tip!!!

I'll just have us all bring our refillable mugs to dinner, then grab bottled juices for the room
Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #340
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Pack and play size?

Does anyone happen to know the measurements of the pack and plays at Disney resorts?
Planning to sleep our then 2y old in one, but he's tall - if they are standard sized playpens we should be okay, but I know sometimes hotels have mini ones...

I know we can get bed rails, but still sleeps in a crib at home, and I think putting in a bed would probably lead to a sleepless night for all of us!

I guess our other option is renting a crib, anyone do this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Disneyfan3333; 10-21-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #341
penni520
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much Janet, You are alsome
I am not going until next year but I sure will give you my input about AOA.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 10-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #342
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
We'll be at WDW the same time as you (Oct 27th-Nov 4th). We rent at the airport and currently have a Premium car rented through Alamo for $212 total with all fees, but our trip is one day less than yours, I already have my own GPS, so will not be renting theirs, and will also be refusing their insurance as my own car insurance and my credit card both cover car rental coverage. So taking all of that into consideration, your price looks pretty good to me. In my case, I had a compact car rented for $242.00, until earlier this week, when I used my Alamo insider number, a $30.00 off Visa code (AD2338FDF), and a Costco member ID code, at which point the Premium car round up being cheaper than the Compacts, Midsize, or Full size cars. If you have not signed up for the Alamo Insider, do so, it's free, then if you have a VISA or Costco membership, you can also use those.

You may be able to use the SUNPROMO discount at Alamo. It's good for 15% off I belive, but can't be used with any other discount though.

Budget has a Wendies code you might be able to use (D454300) and again if you have a Costco membership you can add the coupon MUGZ029. You may also want to check Dollar over the next few days. They have Daily Specials that change from day to day (and sometimes hour to hour). I'm still checking every day trying to get mine down some more. When we were there last month (the first week of Sept) we got a midsize car for $125.00 for the week, but the price didn't come down that low until just a few days before our trip.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-20-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #343
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan3333 View Post
Does anyone happen to know the measurements of the pack and plays at POP?
Planning to sleep our then 2y old in one, but she's tall - if they are standard sized playpens we should be okay, but I know sometimes hotels have mini ones...

I know we can get bed rails, but she still sleeps in a crib at home, and I think putting her in a bed would probably lead to a sleepless night for all of us!

I guess our other option is renting a crib, anyone do this?

Thanks in advance
The pack and play we always got for our DS was the normal one, the same as we had at home. You can bring your own sheets for it if you want, and Disney will provide them also.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #344
Paging Mr. Morrow
Mouseketeer

hello everyone I have a question...If calling ahead to make a room request (i know its not guaranteed) how far in advance should you call? When do they assign rooms?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #345
LeeBobDerby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
We'll be at WDW the same time as you (Oct 27th-Nov 4th). We rent at the airport and currently have a Premium car rented through Alamo for $212 total with all fees, but our trip is one day less than yours, I already have my own GPS, so will not be renting theirs, and will also be refusing their insurance as my own car insurance and my credit card both cover car rental coverage. So taking all of that into consideration, your price looks pretty good to me. In my case, I had a compact car rented for $242.00, until earlier this week, when I used my Alamo insider number, a $30.00 off Visa code (AD2338FDF), and a Costco member ID code, at which point the Premium car round up being cheaper than the Compacts, Midsize, or Full size cars. If you have not signed up for the Alamo Insider, do so, it's free, then if you have a VISA or Costco membership, you can also use those.

You may be able to use the SUNPROMO discount at Alamo. It's good for 15% off I belive, but can't be used with any other discount though.

Budget has a Wendies code you might be able to use (D454300) and again if you have a Costco membership you can add the coupon MUGZ029. You may also want to check Dollar over the next few days. They have Daily Specials that change from day to day (and sometimes hour to hour). I'm still checking every day trying to get mine down some more. When we were there last month (the first week of Sept) we got a midsize car for $125.00 for the week, but the price didn't come down that low until just a few days before our trip.
Many thanks for the great information! I did use the codes on the .com alamo site but even with all them put together the .co.uk alamo site was far cheaper. I have booked a 4 door compact with GPS and all tax and insurance for $260 for the week. I feel that is a good price and am happy with the deal. We changed our £ for $ today and the kids are very excited now. What a great thread with great people helping! Thank you all very much for your help up to now.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: