Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #3406
mrsmickeyandson
Earning My Ears

60 days for us!!
mrsmickeyandson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #3407
ats360
Earning My Ears

Sorry to brag with excitement but my wife and I are just 2 days away from checking in (less than that now if you count hours!) We're so excited! I just called the resort to request a king-bed room, so we'll see if we luck out with that request.

Me DW

DEC 2009 POP • JULY 2010 POP • JULY 2011 POP • JANUARY 2013 POP • JULY 2013 POP • AUGUST 2013 DL OFFSITE • JULY 2014 POP CELEBRATING OUR 4TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!
ats360 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #3408
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats360
sorry to brag with excitement but my wife and i are just 2 days away from checking in (less than that now if you count hours!) we're so excited! I just called the resort to request a king-bed room, so we'll see if we luck out with that request.
enjoy!!!
stitchlovestink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #3409
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ats360 View Post
Sorry to brag with excitement but my wife and I are just 2 days away from checking in (less than that now if you count hours!) We're so excited! I just called the resort to request a king-bed room, so we'll see if we luck out with that request.
Lucky ducks! Happy Anniversary!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #3410
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
One of the things that always drew me to pop when my kids were little was that little wading pool. I don't know what it was but my little ones ran around it like it was the biggest pool in the world. I loved watching them there. They are now 11 & 9 but we have a 2 yr old now & I can't wait to return this fall to introduce my new little guy to it too
POP does have a nice play and splash area. How special it will be to show your little guy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjulie View Post
114 days until we check in at Pop for a six day long extravaganza! I'm so excited to check this resort out! We didn't make any requests regarding room placement, so I'm almost expecting to be far from everything!
And you may be pleasantly surprised to on your room location... and sometimes we end up finding a new favorite area. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
We'll be there in 110 days...I can't wait!! We requested the 80's building because we love the 80's lol
Gotta love the Pac Men... and Roger Rabbit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
Less than a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingMom View Post
I'm at 72 days!!! Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressBubbles View Post
I'm pretty sure this is no longer an issue, but when it was I would purchase a helium balloon and tie it to one of the chairs. It would sway and bounce all night in the air movement from the AC, which in turn kept the AC on.

(Ok, I have to be honest. I still use the balloon. When else does a grown woman get to buy a balloon for herself????)
At Disney we can ALWAYS be kids!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaLeah View Post
Just had to pop in and say how excited to be checking in to Pop one week from toady!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Us too! And we're also from IL!!! <3
Maybe you two will cross paths ..... have a great time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmickeyandson View Post
60 days for us!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ats360 View Post
And now you are sitting at ONE day!!! Happy Anniversary!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #3411
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiorox View Post
Stayed at POP for a quick trip last Thurs-Sun... LOVED it!! I found the atmosphere a little more hip than the All Stars. Loved the CMs doing the Hustle at the food court!

Loooooved the turkey sandwhich!! Turkey, mashed potatos, corn bread, stuffing and cranberry. Yummm!!

Having the lake was excellent and a nice place to go walking. We crossed over to AoA to check it out.Proximity to Epcot, DTD and TL was excellent! I think I may be abandoning the All Stars for POP more often.

I got lucky and for the cost of a Standard got a Preferred. Never had to wait long for the bus. All in all, awesome pre-b-day trip!
So happy you had a great stay! And congrats on the upgrade. A nice birthday present for you!

TY Kook!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #3412
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
First time staying at POP this September.....please tell me some of the best things to do around the resort....
Hi and welcome to the POP Century FAQ thread!!

Le'ts see... take a walk on the path bordering the lake (appropriately named Memory Lane) and besides enjoying the view of the lake and AoA, along the path are signs depicting facts/trivia about the different decades. A fun and entertaining read.

Check out the lobby area and the wall timeline for all the memorabilia displayed in shadow boxes …toys, fads, and info from the 1950s thru the 1990’s. Stroll around the resort and get up close to the giant icons…lots of photo ops!!... Check out the juke box song titles, ditto for the 8 track tapes ... fun reading …

Hustle over to the lobby area for the Hustle …. Performed daily at 6pm by CMs (everyone can join in!) Outdoor twister game is located in the 70s area. Many fun games and activities at the Hippy Dippy pool for the kids.

Hope you end up liking POP as much as we all do! Stick around ... lots of good info shared here.

TY Kook!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #3413
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Does any one know if they try & place you in the same sections from your past History stays? I'm asking because the few times I've stayed at Pop they have placed us in the same section. (70's Building) We really like that section. I'm not sure if I should just request the same section or be surprised when I get there?? I really don't want lake view cause quite honestly. We like being close enough to the pool & main lobby/food court areas.

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #3414
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does any one know if they try & place you in the same sections from your past History stays? I'm asking because the few times I've stayed at Pop they have placed us in the same section. (70's Building) We really like that section. I'm not sure if I should just request the same section or be surprised when I get there?? I really don't want lake view cause quite honestly. We like being close enough to the pool & main lobby/food court areas.
I don't know. But we have always been placed in the 60s facing the lake. Once building 5 and the past 3 years building 4. To me it don't matter which building. But we really like the 60's section. WE have always done a request.

2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #3415
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
We have always requested 50s Bldg C Lake View. In 3 trips we have been in the same room twice and the one next to it once. I will let you know in a couple of weeks if it happens again.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #3416
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure ... it's possible .... but if an area/section is important to you, suggest adding it to your reservation....it can't hurt.

For us, the first 2 times we requested 50s we never got it ... go figure the time we were placed there we didn't request it!

But the last 2 times we requested 60s and received it.

TY Kook!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #3417
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

We requested the 60's before, and loved it. We requested it again for our October trip so here's to hoping! We love facing the lake, so quiet but still not a far walk. 103 days to go!!!
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #3418
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It certainly has not been the case for us. I have stayed in every section except for Lady/Building 1. We've been in some sections multiple times, probably Tramp the most. Only once in the Computer building. We have wanted to try out different sections, so we haven't cared about requests other than connecting rooms. Thankfully, we have always gotten those. We all make a guessing game as to which building we'll get on a new trip. Nobody can pick the same section, and we really like it when one of the little girls 'wins'! Now that we're down to just Lady left, though, I might make that request in the near future.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #3419
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Just found this on the Disney blog regarding the new menu options...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...entury-resort/
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #3420
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016
Just found this on the Disney blog regarding the new menu options...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...entury-resort/
Yea, the menu change went in effect May 1.
stitchlovestink is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: