Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #316
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBobDerby View Post
Good afternoon Janet, many thanks for your vast knowledge you have given me and the time you have taken in your reply. It seems for international quests the online check in is not working but they have informed me it will be working soon. What is a CM? We have not booked anything as yet, with getting married on the holiday, we have many things to organize.

With the help of your great thread, i have many ideas and this weekend will be making a solid plan for the things to do and places to go. Me and my partner are going to have a think and come back here for help from you lovely people. Again, thank you Janet

You're very welcome! All here can help you!! Forgot myself with the lingo ... A Disney employee are referred to as "cast member" or CM.

When you say "we haven't booked anything yet" does that refer to dining? Hopefully you can make some decisions tonight; this is a very busy time of year. Do you have the Disney dining plan??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #317
LeeBobDerby
Earning My Ears

Hi Janet, we do have a dining plan. Not sure how that all works yet but looking on the sub forums we have plenty to learn and it seems tipping is a whole new ball game we will have to learn. It makes my head spin reading all the posts on this very busy site. We booked this in April and I have only found this site so the hard reading begins now lol.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #318
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Good morning all, I will be traveling to WDW next Thursday with my partner and 2 children (girl 10 and boy 8). We will be staying at POP Century for 2 weeks. We are also getting married at Cypress Grove on 10/30. We are all very excited for our first visit to the US. We have booked for a preferred room pool view and would like to be able to do the online check in but have been told this is for the US travelers only. Can you please confirm this? We booked through Disney and they could not give me a yes or no. They confirmed all my details were correct and that it might work.

I am not too bothered about where we stay or what area we are facing because i have read here that everything is not far to get to. We will be hiring a car though and would like to know what company you guys would point me to. We are only having the car for a week from Sunday-Sunday. Could you confirm that the refillable drinks cup is only for the Resort and not all of WDW? Do we have to book the for the fireworks and is there a charge? What time is good to enter the parks? Also is there anything worth booking for at WDW to make sure we have a seat or a good place in line for something? How about somewhere nice to eat after the wedding that the kids would also like?

Driving wise, what are the driving times to the main destinations in WDW from POP? Sorry, i have a million more questions but will try and read all the posts before asking any more in case the answer is in a post. Thanks for all your help!
Congrats on your upcoming marriage! My DD and SIL were married at Cypress Grove in April. Be aware that when on I4 the interchange signs do not say Orange Blossom Trail and only have the highway numbers: 17 and two others. It is a little confusing but once you are on Orange Blossom it is very easy to find. Cypress Grove is beautiful- you two will have a lovely wedding! Enjoy!!

Wanted to add - we ate at the Grand Floridian Cafe after the wedding. The Grand Floridian is beautiful and there is a nice menu at the Cafe. You may want to make an Advanced Dining Reservation there.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #319
Redarrow5150
DIS Veteran

Wooo hooo only 7 more days till Pop!!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #320
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Janet, we do have a dining plan. Not sure how that all works yet but looking on the sub forums we have plenty to learn and it seems tipping is a whole new ball game we will have to learn. It makes my head spin reading all the posts on this very busy site. We booked this in April and I have only found this site so the hard reading begins now lol.
You can make Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) on-line on Disney's website or over the phone. This is for the "table service" (TS) restaurant. Some TS restaurant require a credit card hold. Other places you will see listed are "counter service" (CS), for which you do not make reservations. Both CS and TS are included in the regular dining plan. Each person is entitled to one CS, one TS and one snack a day on the regular Dining Plan.

Go to www.Allears.net to view menus to determine where you might want to eat. Do you have the regular meal plan? Here's the direct link to the menus: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm (listed by park, and then by resort).

We can give you suggestions certainly. I mentioned Chef Mickeys and Ohana's breakfast for character meals but there's plenty more. Ohanas for dinner, Via Napoli's, Cape May Buffet (breakfast is a character meal, dinner is not)... also Sci-Fi or Prime time 50s - fun for the kids! So many choices!! Can also give you suggestions for the counter service (CS) as well.

Good luck on the planning and let us know what we can do to help!

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 10-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #321
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarrow5150 View Post
Wooo hooo only 7 more days till Pop!!
Have a great time!! Bet you are going to MNSSHP

TY Kook!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #322
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

The count down is on at our house.....13 more dats till POP & Disney Magic!!!!

3 more days till online checking!
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #323
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

One Question....if we are doing Rope Drop, will bus service be available? What time should we leave Pop to make RD at both MK & AK?
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #324
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
One Question....if we are doing Rope Drop, will bus service be available? What time should we leave Pop to make RD at both MK & AK?
We always try to be at the bus stop about 45-60 minutes before rope drop and haven't missed a rope drop yet.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #325
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

How is the pizza delivery service at the resort? I have read it is quite good and tasting. Anyone here ever have a pizza from the resort?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #326
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
How is the pizza delivery service at the resort? I have read it is quite good and tasting. Anyone here ever have a pizza from the resort?
It's been a few years since we had the pizza delivery, but I do recall that it was surprisingly good. Perhaps I was just surprisingly hungry though.

I don't remember the price, but it seems that it was a good deal too.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #327
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
It's been a few years since we had the pizza delivery, but I do recall that it was surprisingly good. Perhaps I was just surprisingly hungry though.

I don't remember the price, but it seems that it was a good deal too.
Sometimes your hunger disguises the food better lol I'm sure it was good.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #328
LeeBobDerby
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Congrats on your upcoming marriage! My DD and SIL were married at Cypress Grove in April. Be aware that when on I4 the interchange signs do not say Orange Blossom Trail and only have the highway numbers: 17 and two others. It is a little confusing but once you are on Orange Blossom it is very easy to find. Cypress Grove is beautiful- you two will have a lovely wedding! Enjoy!!

Wanted to add - we ate at the Grand Floridian Cafe after the wedding. The Grand Floridian is beautiful and there is a nice menu at the Cafe. You may want to make an Advanced Dining Reservation there.
Thank you very much for your help! That is some very good information, i have never been to the US before so driving to the venue is going to be a bit scary. We will be hiring car with sat nav, would that a help when getting there? We will be doing a dry run the day before. Have you any more advise or information about the venue that will help us? Thank you

Last edited by LeeBobDerby; 10-19-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #329
LeeBobDerby
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
You can make Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) on-line on Disney's website or over the phone. This is for the "table service" (TS) restaurant. Some TS restaurant require a credit card hold. Other places you will see listed are "counter service" (CS), for which you do not make reservations. Both CS and TS are included in the regular dining plan. Each person is entitled to one CS, one TS and one snack a day on the regular Dining Plan.

Go to to view menus to determine where you might want to eat. Do you have the regular meal plan? Here's the direct link to the menus: (listed by park, and then by resort).

We can give you suggestions certainly. I mentioned Chef Mickeys and Ohana's breakfast for character meals but there's plenty more. Ohanas for dinner, Via Napoli's, Cape May Buffet (breakfast is a character meal, dinner is not)... also Sci-Fi or Prime time 50s - fun for the kids! So many choices!! Can also give you suggestions for the counter service (CS) as well.

Good luck on the planning and let us know what we can do to help!
Thank you again Janet, we picked the quick service plan because of being on the move and the kids will not want to be in restaurants every meal. Is that a normal plan? My partner does not drink fizzy drinks (soda) she has to have drinks that are flat like water and juice, do the refillable cup offer drinks like this? We are thinking of going to a supermarket the first day to get a few bits, where is the best place to go that does not cost an arm and a leg
Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #330
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

We are now considering Pop for our next trip. DD5 says she wants to stay at the "pac man" hotel! :-) My question is does anyone know how long you can stay parked in the parking lot after check out? We may be driving down to WDW and doing a split onsite/offsite stay and would probably like to do MK on our checkout day so that we can use the buses to avoid the multipart production involved in driving to the MK :-)
Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: