Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #3271
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

In response to fans in the room, I got the idea to bring small fans to put on our nightstands and they worked out great! We drove so they did not take up much room in our trunk. I used an extension cord to plug one of them in as there was no outlet directly behind one stand (we had a king room). They came in handy when we were hot and tired from the parks! Husband needed his to sleep at night, but I did fine with his second hand wind and AC! Hope this helps someone else!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 06-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #3272
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

In the final planning/shopping/packing stages of our trip There have been several mentions about the lack of storage in the room, specifically in the bathroom. Some suggest bringing over the door shoe holders or those collapsible hanging shelf units. It's just myself & DD9 so won't need a ton of storage, but prefer to not live out of my toiletry bags. I've looked at pictures on the POP picture thread and on the POP fan website. There are pictures of the closet area having one long shelf only and some pictures showinig the long shelf and then a lower half shelf. Could that possible be in an accessible room only and not in a standard room? There also looks to be a small shelf at the bottom of the mirror. Just trying to be organized (don't like coming back to a messy room!) and comfortable. Bringing a small hamper to put in the closet area to contain dirty clothes. Mainly wondering about the sink area and having room on the counter to get ready. Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #3273
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
In the final planning/shopping/packing stages of our trip There have been several mentions about the lack of storage in the room, specifically in the bathroom. Some suggest bringing over the door shoe holders or those collapsible hanging shelf units. It's just myself & DD9 so won't need a ton of storage, but prefer to not live out of my toiletry bags. I've looked at pictures on the POP picture thread and on the POP fan website. There are pictures of the closet area having one long shelf only and some pictures showinig the long shelf and then a lower half shelf. Could that possible be in an accessible room only and not in a standard room? There also looks to be a small shelf at the bottom of the mirror. Just trying to be organized (don't like coming back to a messy room!) and comfortable. Bringing a small hamper to put in the closet area to contain dirty clothes. Mainly wondering about the sink area and having room on the counter to get ready. Thanks!
There is the long shelf at the top of the closet and the ledge below the mirror on the sink. I've never seen a lower half shelf so I'm assuming that is for accessible rooms only.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #3274
roannamb
Mouseketeer

There is an ironing board in the room. Unfold it and put it next to the sink under the coat rack. Now you have a huge shelf to use!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #3275
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

The sink area has enough counter top space for toiletries. I keep 3 toiletry bags on the counter with plenty of room to spare.

For the closet area, I'm bringing a 6-drawer hanging organizer for my two boys to use. I'm packing wire dry cleaning hangers for DH & I to hang our clothes. There are only three drawers in the dresser which is suitable for underware, PJs and bathing suits. I put misc. stuff on the wire shelf above the closet rod.

There's plenty of room if you're organized and prepared.

Regarding the hamper, I just pack a large reusable bag (similar to the Ikea bags) to use as a hamper. Makes it easier to carry to the laundry room.

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #3276
EveDallas
Pure BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by roannamb View Post
There is an ironing board in the room. Unfold it and put it next to the sink under the coat rack. Now you have a huge shelf to use!
This is a great tip! Don't know why I never thought of it.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #3277
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Refillable Mugs

I'm not sure if this has been asked and/or answered somewhere else. But, I was wondering what do the refillable mugs looke like this year? Are they the same as last years?
thanks

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #3278
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo
Are they the same as last years?
thanks
Yup.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #3279
KELLY
DIS Veteran

If you have kids put there clothes in zip lock bags. We go for a extended period and those 3 draws just aren't enough. But if you can store some clothes in bags in the suitcase the come out wrinkle free.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #3280
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
I'm not sure if this has been asked and/or answered somewhere else. But, I was wondering what do the refillable mugs looke like this year? Are they the same as last years?
thanks
...as above, yes. The same pool scene as last year's and from 2011.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #3281
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Has anyone requested a king bed and had that request granted?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #3282
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
Yes! I requested it for my stay two weeks ago and got the coveted king bed! I had to double check at check in and they had not granted the request, but after the CM calling "the back office" and the staying on hold for what seemed liked forever, the king room was ours! Best of luck to you!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #3283
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
My daughter and DH are there now (checked in Monday) to celebrate their 1st anniversary. They requested a King bed, Tramp Building, lake view, high floor and they were granted all of their request! Now for the bad news. lol The room is a handicap room with a roll in shower. My daughter turned on the shower and let it run to warm the water, she left the bathroom for a couple of minutes to go and get her pjs and when she came back into the bathroom, it was flooded! The water had run out all over the floor. It was after midnight (they had just come in from magic hours). There was no mousekeeping available so the front desk ask if they would be willing to move.
With that being said they are now in the 90's disk building in room 9303 right across from the computer pool. They do still have a king bed and she said that they really like the new area. She said that it is a little secluded but really alot closer to the bus stop and the food court. She said that the room seems newer than the room they started with in the Tramp building. She doesn't know if it is because it was remodled later than some of the others or if it is because that section is not requested/utilized as much as some of the others. Anyway, both of their rooms have had a king bed and she has really liked both rooms they have had. She said they have both been extremely clean and mousekeeping and all the CM's have been GREAT!
We have also requested a King bed at POP the past 2 trips we have taken and stayed there and got it both times, once in August and once in December.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #3284
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Thank you. I do know it is not guaranteed. Our last trip with just me and dh we requested and didn't get a king. We are going in September , just me and dh and are hoping to get a king this time
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #3285
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaEA24 View Post
Just back from a week at Pop and have to agree with the comments on the menu changes at the food court. Some of the items are just gross but my family made do with the pizza, cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. I also enjoyed the Tuna sandwich. I have sent an email to Disney with my thoughts.

I had read here earlier about fans being available so when we got to our room I called but was told there were no fans. I don't know if she meant there were none available or if they don't have fans. Anyway, maintenance came and lowered our thermostat since we couldn't get it below the preset 68.

We had a preferred pool view but don't know if we'll do that again. Loved walking out of my room to the pool but, as had been mentioned here, there was a lot of noise. Due to thunderstorms/rain almost every night, the pool ended up closing early most nights so thankfully it wasn't an issue for us.

No problem with buses. With one exception, I don't think we ever waited more than 15 minutes. Mears buses picked us up 3 times. The resort didn't seem crowded by any means but the parks were packed!
They do have box fans. They may have all been requested already, though I tend to doubt it because few people know about them. They brought ours in May 10 minutes after we called to request one. But sometimes you have to go directly to the front desk at Pop to ask for things. In May I had whoever answered the phone lie to me twice about getting extra hangars and the next day the assistant manager retrieved them for me personally (and he was very annoyed it happened, too.) He told me sometimes when things you request (like hangars--or I would imagine, fans) aren't where they're supposed to be, some staff doesn't bother to look for them, though they are supposed to. So it helps to be very direct about what you want there.
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime!) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH for the first time! (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime!) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: