Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #3256
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

Nope, 1/2 gallon (2 litres). Yes I do get the carton, and you're right the bags are better value but we don't go through enough and would lose it. A 2 litre carton at Loblaws is $4.79 and never goes on sale.
Here in NL I buy 2 2litres for 7.17.
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #3257
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Door Decorating at POP

I read today various comments about resort door decorating....is it allowed at POP or frowned upon by staff and other guests...I am aware of making sure there is no damage when decorating windows(I' m bringing along suction cups for my window decorations),but I am unsure about doors.....I had been searching sites such as ebay for magnetic mickey ears but they all state that these are for cruise ship stateroom doors only.
If decorating doors is allowed at POP, does anyone know if the exterior doors are magnetic and where I could find exterior mickey ears to stick to the door.....another idea is a door wreath hanger, but once again I'm not sure if that would fit and allow the door to close properly.

Any help greatly appreciated
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #3258
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

I always decorate our window at Pop ( I use suction cups too) and yes, the door is perfect for magnets.

Monica
Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #3259
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Any idea what would be the easiest way to get from CSR to POP? We have a split stay coming up and I forgot to figure this all out..lol
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #3260
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Any idea what would be the easiest way to get from CSR to POP? We have a split stay coming up and I forgot to figure this all out..lol
It sounds like you don't have a car (which is the simplest way to move); a taxi is second easiest. For that, if you have another adult and kids, you might want to consider having one adult and maybe an older child take the taxi and bags to pop to check in and drop the bags. The other adult and kids can just head to a park. Then everyone can meet up later. Otherwise, WDW makes it pretty easy. You can leave your bags with CSR and ask to have them transferred to Pop. You should do that early in the day. Don't expect your bags to arrive at pop until late (5:00ish). Then, you can take a bus to whatever park you want and transfer to a pop bus to go check in.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #3261
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if they would transfer bags for us. We're going for 8 days and for 4 of those days we're attending a conference so we'll each have a suitcase and carry on's and probably extra stuff from the conference. If they'll transfer the stuff for us that'll be the easiest!! Thanks! <3
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #3262
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if they would transfer bags for us. We're going for 8 days and for 4 of those days we're attending a conference so we'll each have a suitcase and carry on's and probably extra stuff from the conference. If they'll transfer the stuff for us that'll be the easiest!! Thanks! <3
You're welcome. Be sure to put your pop ressie number on all of your bags when you leave them with CSR. I forgot to mention that.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #3263
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
I read today various comments about resort door decorating....is it allowed at POP or frowned upon by staff and other guests...I am aware of making sure there is no damage when decorating windows(I' m bringing along suction cups for my window decorations),but I am unsure about doors.....I had been searching sites such as ebay for magnetic mickey ears but they all state that these are for cruise ship stateroom doors only.
If decorating doors is allowed at POP, does anyone know if the exterior doors are magnetic and where I could find exterior mickey ears to stick to the door.....another idea is a door wreath hanger, but once again I'm not sure if that would fit and allow the door to close properly.

Any help greatly appreciated
We were there during the Christmas season last year (December 10-18)and it appeared that everyone was decorating everything they could. We decorated our windows but there were some people that decorated doors, windows, the railing outside their doors and anything else they could.
I really wish I would have taken a picture of the first 3 rooms you come to in the Play-Doh building on the 1st floor right across from the Hippy Dippy pool (I think rooms 4110-4112). There were 3 families (probably traveling together) and they looked like they had moved in! They had EVERYTHING decorated, from the windows, doors, they have christmas lights, they even decorated the bushes across the front of their rooms! Each one of them had Christmas tree's and moving annomated figures of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Pluto (throughout the 3 rooms). They had brought Christmas Disney bedspreads and changed them out and had Disney Christmas stuffed animals all over their room decorating it. It was crazy! I can only imagine they must have been staying a while since it had to have taken them a full day just to decorate their rooms!

I think you will be fine decorating the door

Old 06-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #3264
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
We were there during the Christmas season last year (December 10-18)and it appeared that everyone was decorating everything they could. We decorated our windows but there were some people that decorated doors, windows, the railing outside their doors and anything else they could.
I really wish I would have taken a picture of the first 3 rooms you come to in the Play-Doh building on the 1st floor right across from the Hippy Dippy pool (I think rooms 4110-4112). There were 3 families (probably traveling together) and they looked like they had moved in! They had EVERYTHING decorated, from the windows, doors, they have christmas lights, they even decorated the bushes across the front of their rooms! Each one of them had Christmas tree's and moving annomated figures of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Pluto (throughout the 3 rooms). They had brought Christmas Disney bedspreads and changed them out and had Disney Christmas stuffed animals all over their room decorating it. It was crazy! I can only imagine they must have been staying a while since it had to have taken them a full day just to decorate their rooms!

I think you will be fine decorating the door
PERFECT.....This makes me so happy.....I was excited enough about the windows and now the thoughts of being able to do my door as well.....Let the decorating shopping begin....Disney vacation can't come fast enough
Old 06-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #3265
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

We just checked in today at POP for our first ever DW trip! I didn't know what to expect and I am MORE than happy! Unfortunately we are only staying one day and leaving tomorrow for the Beach Club for 6 days. If anyone has any quick questions I can answer them for you! I am sitting at the pool while my DD6 plays with the CMs at the pool party.

We are staying in the 60s building, building 5, 2nd floor and directly across from the Hippie (?) pool. I love our location!! I love the energy and ambiance and the pool is so fun.

We've only had one meal so far, I had heard that the Everything Pop food court wasn't that great and since I wanted to check out AofA we walked over there for lunch (it was good!).

Our room smelled clean and fresh and everything looks nicely done but I did open a drawer and there was two tags and some crumbs. Since we are only staying tonight it didn't bother me. Yes the rooms are small, I swear the front door almost touches one of the beds lol, but for the price I'm happy!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 06-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #3266
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Question--is there bell services at Pop? We haven't done a value before so I can't remember what I've read. We are switching over to AKL after three nights at Pop--if we bring our luggage to the check in area, is there bell services to move it for us?

We've done a split before so I know they *will* move it, but our split last year was from a mod to a deluxe and they came and got the bags from us in our room.

Thanks in advance!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #3267
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306
Question--is there bell services at Pop? We haven't done a value before so I can't remember what I've read. We are switching over to AKL after three nights at Pop--if we bring our luggage to the check in area, is there bell services to move it for us?

We've done a split before so I know they *will* move it, but our split last year was from a mod to a deluxe and they came and got the bags from us in our room.

Thanks in advance!
Yes there is. Just technically at POP it is called Luggage Assistance if you look at the sign. But they provide many services such as bringing luggage to your room from ME, helping you get your luggage from arrival to your room, storing anything you need stored on departure day while you enjoy the rest of your day until you are ready to leave the hotel, helping you get your luggage from your room to RAC if you request assistance. Those are the ones I can think of and there are probably other functions they preform that I have forgotten. They just give them a different 'title' at the value resorts because they may not do EVERYTHING Bell Services do at a Mod or Deluxe level. HTH!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #3268
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Yes there is. Just technically at POP it is called Luggage Assistance if you look at the sign. But they provide many services such as bringing luggage to your room from ME, helping you get your luggage from arrival to your room, storing anything you need stored on departure day while you enjoy the rest of your day until you are ready to leave the hotel, helping you get your luggage from your room to RAC if you request assistance. Those are the ones I can think of and there are probably other functions they preform that I have forgotten. They just give them a different 'title' at the value resorts because they may not do EVERYTHING Bell Services do at a Mod or Deluxe level. HTH!
That's fabulous! Thanks for the quick response!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #3269
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306

That's fabulous! Thanks for the quick response!
you can call Luggage Assistance to come pick up the luggage from your room at POP as well! I'm not sure if you have to be there. We haven't done this in years and when we did you did not to be in the room but I have heard that now you do. You could always call and ask what the policy is now though. Just a thought....
Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #3270
DanaEA24
Earning My Ears

Just back from a week at Pop and have to agree with the comments on the menu changes at the food court. Some of the items are just gross but my family made do with the pizza, cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. I also enjoyed the Tuna sandwich. I have sent an email to Disney with my thoughts.

I had read here earlier about fans being available so when we got to our room I called but was told there were no fans. I don't know if she meant there were none available or if they don't have fans. Anyway, maintenance came and lowered our thermostat since we couldn't get it below the preset 68.

We had a preferred pool view but don't know if we'll do that again. Loved walking out of my room to the pool but, as had been mentioned here, there was a lot of noise. Due to thunderstorms/rain almost every night, the pool ended up closing early most nights so thankfully it wasn't an issue for us.

No problem with buses. With one exception, I don't think we ever waited more than 15 minutes. Mears buses picked us up 3 times. The resort didn't seem crowded by any means but the parks were packed!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: