Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #3226
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
Our very first stay at POP we were in building 3, lakeside on the 4th floor facing North. We were able to stand outside our room and see the tip top of the fireworks. We loved the room but by no means was it a full view of illuminations.
I just don't want you to be disappointed
This is an important point -- you may be able to see fireworks from Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, but you cannot experience the actual full show.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 06-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #3227
dkdkdunaways
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #3228
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Does anybody know if I can bring alcohol from home into the resort? My DH and I want to bring a little unwinding after a long day at the parks and the kids are sleeping cocktail. I've already checked with the FAA and they're cool with it. I want to make sure POP is too....don't want to get in trouble lol
if you don't want to pay the gift shope prices: the hess gas stations on property sell beer and wine. there is one on world drive. one on buena vista drive, walking distance from the Boardwalk, and one on Buena vista drive, across the street from Downtown disney.

I f we don't have a car, we go to DTD early in the trip. walk across to the hess. they let you bring the beer, etc. on the disney buses. last trip we were at the boardwalk, and it took me about 6 minutes to walk over to the hess.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #3229
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

1st time staying at POP

This September will be my first time staying at POP.....I am trying to read as many posts as I can to gather enough information.....my question to anyone who can help,is regarding the food court.....I have shellfish allergies as well as peanut and tree nut....how accommodating are they at a resort food court for food allergies?
Also,I did not put in for a preferred room instead I requested as close to Hippy Pool without being preferred....any better suggestions on a room request.....the only thing I don't want is to be on the very back end of a building far away from everything

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #3230
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy

if you don't want to pay the gift shope prices: the hess gas stations on property sell beer and wine. there is one on world drive. one on buena vista drive, walking distance from the Boardwalk, and one on Buena vista drive, across the street from Downtown disney.

I f we don't have a car, we go to DTD early in the trip. walk across to the hess. they let you bring the beer, etc. on the disney buses. last trip we were at the boardwalk, and it took me about 6 minutes to walk over to the hess.
That's great! Thank you!! Ill definitely keep the Hess in mind. I had no idea the gift shops sold alcohol too. I figured it was just disney "stuff" so that's a bonus too.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #3231
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013
This September will be my first time staying at POP.....I am trying to read as many posts as I can to gather enough information.....my question to anyone who can help,is regarding the food court.....I have shellfish allergies as well as peanut and tree nut....how accommodating are they at a resort food court for food allergies?
Also,I did not put in for a preferred room instead I requested as close to Hippy Pool without being preferred....any better suggestions on a room request.....the only thing I don't want is to be on the very back end of a building far away from everything

When you check in, you can ask to be "close to the front". Both times I've done that, I was put in a preferred room with no extra charge!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 06-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #3232
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post

half of the 60's section (by the hippy dippy pool) is not preferred. I would request 60's section. also maybe "close to elevator, NOT 80s or 90s". even if you are in th 50s or 70s it woudn't be far
by the way, we LOVE the bowling pin pool in the 50s
Old 06-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #3233
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Here right now and current price of a half gallon of milk is $3.19. HTH
Happened to Notice that the price of a half gallon of milk at AoA's food court today was $3.99!! That's even a good bit more than POP's price. Not sure why such a difference in prices when the resorts are so close to one another. I guess be thankful POP is the cheaper one!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #3234
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post
Only from reading, not personal experience...the chefs at Pop are reported to take all food allergies very seriously and they will work with you to ensure you get what you need. I have read and heard repeatedly this is policy across all Disney parks and resorts. I'm sure others here on the Pop thread have more direct experience and may even be able to recommend food court personnel by name.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #3235
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

They were extremely attentive to my allergy and preparedness food separate from possible allergens. This was true all across the park as well. Just mention at the food station you have an allergy and they will go get the chef and jump into action!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #3236
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaya View Post
Does the shop in the resort sell milk? We just need it for cereal in the morning or a late night snack for my kids, without going all the way down there with a mug. Is it reasonably priced and will it fit into the beverage cooler?
A little more milk info.

The 1/2 gallon sold in the food court is whole milk. I prefer low fat milk so we went to WalMart and bought 1/2 gallon for 2.96.

There are 1/2 pint containers of low fat milk in the food court but they are $$$$ 1.80! Outrageous if you ask me

Have a great trip

Planning our next trip...
Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #3237
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Does anybody know if I can bring alcohol from home into the resort? My DH and I want to bring a little unwinding after a long day at the parks and the kids are sleeping cocktail. I've already checked with the FAA and they're cool with it. I want to make sure POP is too....don't want to get in trouble lol
We brought beer and wine from home. Along with plastic cups to drink from. No glass allowed at the pool. I saw small bottles of wine in the food court and some beer. But didn't see how much they cost. The resort doesn't care if you BYOB

Have a great trip

Planning our next trip...
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #3238
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher

We brought beer and wine from home. Along with plastic cups to drink from. No glass allowed at the pool. I saw small bottles of wine in the food court and some beer. But didn't see how much they cost. The resort doesn't care if you BYOB

Have a great trip
Thank you!! I'm busting at the seams here. I'm too excited to go and I still have 127 more days!!! We'll probably do honey & coke or iced tea in the plastic cups from our room. Do they have vending and ice machines throughout the resort or do we have to stock up for the night at the foodcourt?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #3239
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

Thank you!! I'm busting at the seams here. I'm too excited to go and I still have 127 more days!!! We'll probably do honey & coke or iced tea in the plastic cups from our room. Do they have vending and ice machines throughout the resort or do we have to stock up for the night at the foodcourt?
They have ice and vending machines in every bldg....around the corner from the elevators. But be advised, the vending machines are just as expensive as the food court!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #3240
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

They have ice and vending machines in every bldg....around the corner from the elevators. But be advised, the vending machines are just as expensive as the food court!!
I'm sure they are but they're closer and open 24 hrs lol
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: