Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #3151
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianP1301 View Post
Thanks, we hope it changes back soon too.

I didn't realize there was a bridge to AoA? That's pretty exciting since that resort looks amazing too. How long of a walk is it?
Not far at all. The bridge is located at the back of the 60s area.. check out the 2012 Pop Century Map... it's not a long bridge and it brings you into AoA in the Finding Nemo area. If you have time, check out the grounds... Disney did a great job on the theming (as usual). .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Food review....
CM DD ordered the crab quesadilla. It was nasty!! If you are from MD or are a picky seafood eater, chances are you will not like it! It was so bad we had it replaced with a reuben. She said that wasn't bad.

Other DD ordered the turkey sandwich. It was real turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, lettuce with cranberry mayo. She said the best part of the sandwich was the bread! LOL which was toasted.

My suggestion....if you really don't like something, speak up BUT KINDLY! And they will replace it with something else for you! They really are accommodating!
Okay, crossing off the crab quesadilla from our list (then again, I'm a picky seafood eater and probably won't of tried it anyway) . And its always a good reminder that if you encounters issues at Disney, it's best to speak up immediately (in a courteous manner) to resolve an issue.

Hope you are having a great time!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #3152
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Not far at all. The bridge is located at the back of the 60s area.. check out the 2012 Pop Century Map... it's not a long bridge and it brings you into AoA in the Finding Nemo area. If you have time, check out the grounds... Disney did a great job on the theming (as usual). .

Okay, crossing off the crab quesadilla from our list (then again, I'm a picky seafood eater and probably won't of tried it anyway) . And its always a good reminder that if you encounters issues at Disney, it's best to speak up immediately (in a courteous manner) to resolve an issue.

Hope you are having a great time!
Yeah, Michael (I'm guessing he's a mgr out in front in the food court) was quite accommodating. All I did was say my daughter tried to give this a fair try but just couldn't find it to her liking at all. And his response was 'well if you don't like it, you don't like it. What else could we get for you?' I think these poor souls are so tired of getting screamed at over the menu change. They hate it more than we do.

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 06-11-2013 at 05:09 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #3153
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I also noticed the make your own tacos and salads sound like something I would eat along with the pot roast.
When I was there in early May I had the design your own tacos and really enjoyed them. I was going to have them again but they were only there for lunch not dinner. I don't know if the burritos are a lunch only item.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #3154
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
When I was there in early May I had the design your own tacos and really enjoyed them. I was going to have them again but they were only there for lunch not dinner. I don't know if the burritos are a lunch only item.
They were only a lunch item last year. Thanks for the info on the tacos.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #3155
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Just booked airfare. CSR in 27 days & POP in 33!
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #3156
Lauren326
Earning My Ears

I am super late, but wanted to give a review of my stay at POP. We were there from 5/15-5/26. It was the first time for us staying on Disney Property & of course, first time staying at POP. I scoured this board prior to my trip & it was so helpful, so hoping to give back I had done the online check in & requested the 60's & close to transportation. We got the 70's & although it wasn't terribly far, I was disappointed not getting in to the 60's.

Our A/C worked fine, a little too fine..it would be freezing when we would get back from the parks as the maid would set it to 68! We got up late every morning & just stayed out late every night. EVERY morning the maid would say, "so you just want towels, not full service, right?" And EVERY morning we would say, "no, we want full service."

I was impressed with the food. I thought it was really good & I am a picky eater! We also walked over to AofA one night for dinner & had the make your own pasta...we waited in line for 20 minutes, but it was worth it..so good!

We ate breakfast in the room. We packed bagels & donuts in our suit cases & bought cream cheese & milk from the cafeteria. AofA even sells 2 liters of soda.

We swam in the main pool a few times. It was very nice and I was super impressed with the warm water temperature. Also impressed that the lifeguards worked late (I think they left around 9pm).

The buses were great. The only time I had a problem was when we were going from a park to downtown..the downtown bus seemed to be a bit slow and there was no bus stop on the side where Disney Quest was.

Overall, we had an absolutely amazing time and was impressed with the quality of POP considering the amazing price.

Our annual passes expire in 5 days & if airfare wasn't so darn expensive, I would find a way to make one last trip
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #3157
jennbunn
Mouseketeer

We stayed at pop from 5/16 to 5/23. We were on the ground floor building 2 by the bowling pin pool. We loved our room and location. everything was clean and well maintained. we loved being so close to the pool. We spent every afternoon at either the bowling pin pool or the hippy dippy pool. The bus service was good. never waited too long. had to stand about half the time but that was ok. took the bus once from AOA when the line was long for pop. We ate a few meals with pop's new menu. the pizza bread was the big winner. Did not like the poppin nachos at all. Someone in our family always got a piece of tye dyed cheesecake every night. We also ate at AOA for dinner one night. liked it a lot but I had gotten the make your own pasta dish with olives. I took a bit and bit hard into a pit. thank goodness I did not crack a tooth. the manager gave me a refund for my meal and had the chef make me a fresh batch of pasta. I was pleased and felt they went above and beyond to help me. The staff at pop was all real friendly and I felt we found our new Disney home. I will defiantly be back for our next trip.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #3158
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Pop Century and Art of Animation Have Shared Buses at Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohntigger View Post
Pop and AOA do not share buses and both times the drivers were very apologetic. It was funny in a way, not an issue. I felt bad for the drivers because I would hate for someone to complain about that and get the driver in trouble.
Just an FYI, but Pop and AoA have been sharing buses on occasion. We were just at WDW and Pop Century this time last month and we went over to pick up additional guests at AoA on 2 different mornings.

I can't remember where were headed the first time but I think maybe Epcot. There weren't too many people at the Pop bus stop but when we arrived at AoA, there was a long line waiting. We filled up and headed out.

We did the same thing on 5/16 at about 8:30 am when heading to the MK. Again, many more guests waiting for the buses at AoA. It was the first time in many trips to Pop that I ever remember seeing their bus lines so short.

One night while leaving the MK after closing, the lines for AoA guests was so long that they were actually bringing in the full sized Mears buses to move them out quicker. So I would assume the 2 resorts are only sharing when there are a large amount of guests like we had seen waiting at AoA.

I have heard that others have had similar experiences with periodic bus sharing in the last month or so as well. It really didn't add more than a few minutes to our rides from the resort to the park so really not a big deal.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ

Last edited by strmtroopr96; 06-12-2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Spelling Oops
Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #3159
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96

Just an FYI, but Pop and AoA have been sharing buses on occasion. We were just at WDW and Pop Century this time last month and we went over to pick up additional guests at AoA on 2 different mornings.

I can't remember where were headed the first time but I think maybe Epcot. There weren't too many people at the Pop bus stop but when we arrived at AoA, there was a long line waiting. We filled up and headed out.

We did the same thing on 5/16 at about 8:30 am when heading to the MK. Again, many more guests waiting for the buses at AoA. It was the first time in many trips to Pop that I ever remember seeing their bus lines so short.

One night while leaving the MK after closing, the lines for AoA guests was so long that they were actually bringing in the full sized Mears buses to move them out quicker. So I would assume the 2 resorts are only sharing when there are a large amount of guests like we had seen waiting at AoA.

I have heard that others have had similar experiences with periodic bus sharing in the last month or so as well. It really didn't add more than a few minutes to our rides from the resort to the park so really not a big deal.
We didn't have bus sharing but DH and I were confused one night going back to the resort when we saw a tour bus sitting there waiting for guest. It wasn't mears but another company. Never knew disney contracted with other bus services. One thing I liked about those buses was the strollers just went underneath in the luggage area. Nice not to haul them on a bus.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #3160
TinkTink78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post

We didn't have bus sharing but DH and I were confused one night going back to the resort when we saw a tour bus sitting there waiting for guest. It wasn't mears but another company. Never knew disney contracted with other bus services. One thing I liked about those buses was the strollers just went underneath in the luggage area. Nice not to haul them on a bus.
One evening coming back to Pop from Epcot we were on a tour bus. Glad they did that to get us back rather then having to wait for another Disney bus. Still had to stand on this bus. But it was ok
Daisy

Trips to Disney
'83 Off site**12/96 Sheraton Vistana**5/00 MAGIC Disney Cruise/CBR**10/01 All Star Sports**5/04 Pre Wedding Trip Off Site**11/04 PoP/AKL**12/04 MVMCP-PoP**11/05 Disney Wonder/POR**4/08 Hilton DTD**7/08 Off site Villa trip**5/09 1st solo trip - Orlando World Center Marriott**9/09 POR**1/10 PoP**09/10 PoP**01/12 CBR, upgraded to BWI**3/12 POP**5/12 First 5K Expedition Everest Challenge All Star Sports**6/12 PoP**9/12 All Star Sports**10/12 All Star Music**2/13 PoP**5/13 PoP**10/13 All Star Movies**

Dis'ers are allowed to change their resorts
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #3161
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27

Yup had one last nite coming back from Epcot after EMH. No one was standing. The driver was counting people as they were boarding.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #3162
ClendeninHouse
Earning My Ears

Could someone tell me if Pop allows you to bring your own swim vests for small children? I wasn't sure since they have life vests there. Thanks for your responses.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #3163
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have a place to roast marshmallows at pop?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #3164
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
Does anyone know if they have a place to roast marshmallows at pop?
Sorry no. They have them at the moderates and deluxes though.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #3165
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClendeninHouse View Post
Could someone tell me if Pop allows you to bring your own swim vests for small children? I wasn't sure since they have life vests there. Thanks for your responses.
Yes, you can...but they have Plenty you can borrow right at the pool. So if you are limited on space for packing, I wouldn't worry. They have an abundant supply. But if you would feel better bringing your own, by all means do so.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: