Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #3136
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
In one week I'll be checking in to POP!!!! Yayayayayayay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
We checked into Pop early this morning and got both our requests (50s, ground floor)! That never happens, haha! We did some swimming in a nearly empty pool, awesome!
Congrats on getting your requests!! A great start to your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekBoy85 View Post
We just got back a few days ago and found this to be the case as well. In the past, setting it at about 68 got the room plenty cold, but it just wasn't cutting it this time. I stopped by the Front Desk on our way out for the day and by the time we got back it was turned down to 65, where it stayed for the rest of the week.

We also found that one of the lights above our sink had gone out. We didn't even have to say anything about it - apparently housekeeping had opened a ticket and someone from maintenance came over and took care of it.
Nice to read about great service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
No problem. I see some new things that sound good to me as well. I had the pot roast at POFQ a few years back and it was really good. If this is the same I will be excited.
when DD and I are there it will be hard to choose....we will have a plan and will each get something different at every meal so we can taste more in the time we are there... only wish we could be there as long as you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadbrown View Post
Have never stayed here, but it looks pretty inviting especially if you have children. I know many of the things I see in the pictures appeal to me as they are things from my childhood.
With or without kids, it's fun for all (as much as one wants it to be). we love the nostalgia factor... and POP has some great shadow boxes in the lobby for a trip down memory lane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
I wonder if the crowds are going to pick up at all? Hope not! There Sunday through Tuesday on my way to my new home in Naples!
Yeah! It's finally here! Hopefully you are just ahead of the mad rush to Disney that occurs when schools are out...southern school are out already but in the NE and other areas of the country it varies. For us it's the 19th this year.

Our own Stitchlovestink will be there and can hopefully provide updates as it gets closer to the weekend.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #3137
poohntigger
Mouseketeer

Got back on yesterday.

We just got back yesterday. It was our tenth stay at Pop Century and everything was amazing except the food court. We can tolerate the changes, yes we miss our favorites, but it was the attitude and cluelessness of the cm's that made us not want to visit the food court. My youngest son wanted a kid's meatball sub and this was after we had all the other food and the cm said well it takes five mins. My response was we will wait and she rolled her eyes and begrudgingly and slowly made a move to make it. My son enjoyed it but the rest of our food was cold by the time it was done. I know we chose to wait but really her attitude was one of not wanting to be bothered. Now another evening we went to order a large pizza. We waited under the sign that says where to stand to order one. We waited and waited. Cast members looked at us and walked on. Finally a cm came over and asked what we needed. I said that I needed to order a pizza, and she said have you been helped? I thought where did Disney find these people. I finally got it ordered and it was delicious. The food is different but prepared correctly and in a timely manner with cm's that want to be there and have a good attitude will make or break this food court. Buses were great even though twice we were taken to wrong destination. Once we were on the Pop bus and the driver took a full bus to AOA. Even pulled up at the MK stop at AOA. The other time we were on the AOA bus since it came first and she took us to Pop but did not stop, just drove on around the road that connects the two resorts. These were not an issue for us though. Looking forward to our Thanksgiving trip at AOA.
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #3138
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Checked into POP last night. Ended up in a preferred room but I had booked standard. Got both of my requests which were 50's (I requested 50's or 60's) and ground floor. Waa Hoo!! Made another new friend!! One of the front desk managers that was checking me in (there were 2 working on it since there had been SO many problems with my reservation this time and it being a CM ressie).

If anybody has any questions or wants anything checked out...let me know, I'm here thru next Wednesday!
Hi Stitchlovestink congrats on the preferred room upgrade! I was so hoping you might get a little extra pixie dust on this trip. Nice to read you are already schmoozing up with the management Hmm..special orders, cheesesteak wrap, warm potato chips, sw burgers? Oh, you are making us drool.

Oh, if you get a chance, pix of the menu boards would be appreciated (but only if you have time ) Above all, have a GREAT time!!

TY Kook!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #3139
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohntigger View Post
We just got back yesterday. It was our tenth stay at Pop Century and everything was amazing except the food court. We can tolerate the changes, yes we miss our favorites, but it was the attitude and cluelessness of the cm's that made us not want to visit the food court. My youngest son wanted a kid's meatball sub and this was after we had all the other food and the cm said well it takes five mins. My response was we will wait and she rolled her eyes and begrudgingly and slowly made a move to make it. My son enjoyed it but the rest of our food was cold by the time it was done. I know we chose to wait but really her attitude was one of not wanting to be bothered. Now another evening we went to order a large pizza. We waited under the sign that says where to stand to order one. We waited and waited. Cast members looked at us and walked on. Finally a cm came over and asked what we needed. I said that I needed to order a pizza, and she said have you been helped? I thought where did Disney find these people. I finally got it ordered and it was delicious. The food is different but prepared correctly and in a timely manner with cm's that want to be there and have a good attitude will make or break this food court. Buses were great even though twice we were taken to wrong destination. Once we were on the Pop bus and the driver took a full bus to AOA. Even pulled up at the MK stop at AOA. The other time we were on the AOA bus since it came first and she took us to Pop but did not stop, just drove on around the road that connects the two resorts. These were not an issue for us though. Looking forward to our Thanksgiving trip at AOA.
Sorry that you encountered customer service issues in the food court. Not sure if this can be at all contributed in part to the changes in the menu and/or having new CMs in training or short staffed. And having an attitude isn't professional. On the plus side, happy the pizza delivered! When POP and AoA shared a bus, the driver would have to make a decision on what bay to pull into at MK, right? On the day you took the bus to AoA but it went to POP first, do you mean it actually pulled up to the resort but didnít let you out?? In August we took the AoA bus back to the resort, and it never entered POP at all. Well you have the right attitude and happy you enjoyed your trip.

TY Kook!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #3140
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first trip to Pop in August! Getting a fourth trip out of our APs which expire in September.
** August 2010 - Caribbean Beach ** January 2011 - Caribbean Beach
** August 2011 - All-Star Sports ** August 2012 - Caribbean Beach
** January 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ** May 2013 - All-Star Music **August 2013 - Pop Century
** August 2014 - Boardwalk Villas/AKL Kidani - Savannah View!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3141
poohntigger
Mouseketeer

Pop and AOA do not share buses and both times the drivers were very apologetic. It was funny in a way, not an issue. I felt bad for the drivers because I would hate for someone to complain about that and get the driver in trouble.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #3142
brooke789
Mouseketeer

We had the bus driver take us to the wrong place twice, also. One time they took us from Pop to the wrong park and the other day we were leaving MK after Wishes and the driver took us to AK. That second time was miserable b/c my two 2-year olds were tired. My daughter screamed bloody murder half of the bus ride. Sorry if you were on the bus w/us. Haha!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #3143
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
We had the bus driver take us to the wrong place twice, also. One time they took us from Pop to the wrong park and the other day we were leaving MK after Wishes and the driver took us to AK. That second time was miserable b/c my two 2-year olds were tired. My daughter screamed bloody murder half of the bus ride. Sorry if you were on the bus w/us. Haha!
I think we have all be there and understand. My girls are now almost 8 and 5 so now I just get the look or the sulk.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #3144
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi

Since you are there now is there any way you could confirm if the breakfast pizza is still on the menu. Keep getting different I info from multiple sites. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Saw this request, so I thought I would ask my chef friend at the food court if it was definitely gone. Chef said unfortunately, it was. Why? Did I want one anyway? I've never even had one. Now I'm wondering if I need to try one to see what I missed!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #3145
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, joining you here for our upcoming trip in August!

Bad news is, I had to give up my "dream" booking in a TPV at CR due to my husband's current unemployment status.

Good news is, we're still taking our vacation and after looking at the different value resorts, decided on POP. And I have to say, I'm really excited because it looks amazing! I had no idea the theming was so much fun. My DS5 is going to freak out!

I booked a standard room and put a request for either 60s or 70s section, based solely on the fact that the decorations/theming there looked like stuff my son would probably enjoy the most. Does anybody have any other recommendations for room requests? I booked standard because I would prefer not to be overlooking the pool (worried about noise when my son is trying to sleep), but beyond that, not sure what other things I should be thinking about as far as location.
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #3146
PattnFmly
DH drove me crazy last night! 'cause he was so loud!

Very sad about the breakfast pizza in our house. That was the one thing my DS#1 and I would eat every morning at Pop. That and a side of breakfast potatoes. Not sure what I'll do next time since there is nothing much else that strikes my fancy for breakfast except maybe the bounty platter. Pastry is pastry and is fine, but doesn't hold off hunger for long. Wouldn't make it for a breakfast for us, a snack maybe but not breakfast. Sob..

With Family & Friends: 1976, 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2007, (2009)
With wonderful, loving DH & DS's: 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #3147
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
Just booked our first trip to Pop in August! Getting a fourth trip out of our APs which expire in September.
Four trips is definitely making good use of those APs

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohntigger View Post
Pop and AOA do not share buses and both times the drivers were very apologetic. It was funny in a way, not an issue. I felt bad for the drivers because I would hate for someone to complain about that and get the driver in trouble.
Figured it was an "oops" moment since to my knowledge there is no bus sharing between the resorts at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianP1301 View Post
Hi everyone, joining you here for our upcoming trip in August!

Bad news is, I had to give up my "dream" booking in a TPV at CR due to my husband's current unemployment status.

Good news is, we're still taking our vacation and after looking at the different value resorts, decided on POP. And I have to say, I'm really excited because it looks amazing! I had no idea the theming was so much fun. My DS5 is going to freak out!

I booked a standard room and put a request for either 60s or 70s section, based solely on the fact that the decorations/theming there looked like stuff my son would probably enjoy the most. Does anybody have any other recommendations for room requests? I booked standard because I would prefer not to be overlooking the pool (worried about noise when my son is trying to sleep), but beyond that, not sure what other things I should be thinking about as far as location.
Hi Welcome to the POP FAQ thread! Depends on your needs and preferences in regards to making any requests. You have already requested areas for you DS' enjoyment, and that seems like a good plan. For our trips we book standard, and request lakeview, upper floor. Upper floors are generally considered quieter, but we have been on the 2nd floor with no problems as well. (And we like coming out of our rooms and seeing the lake and AoA across it). Both the 60s and 70s are great locations so you can't go wrong with either one. And fyi the 60s area is the closest to the bridge to AoA if you are thinking of exploring that resort.

Note, hope your DH's employement status to "employed" soon.

TY Kook!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #3148
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Food review....
CM DD ordered the crab quesadilla. It was nasty!! If you are from MD or are a picky seafood eater, chances are you will not like it! It was so bad we had it replaced with a reuben. She said that wasn't bad.

Other DD ordered the turkey sandwich. It was real turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, lettuce with cranberry mayo. She said the best part of the sandwich was the bread! LOL which was toasted.

My suggestion....if you really don't like something, speak up BUT KINDLY! And they will replace it with something else for you! They really are accommodating!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #3149
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Hi Welcome to the POP FAQ thread! Depends on your needs and preferences in regards to making any requests. You have already requested areas for you DS' enjoyment, and that seems like a good plan. For our trips we book standard, and request lakeview, upper floor. Upper floors are generally considered quieter, but we have been on the 2nd floor with no problems as well. (And we like coming out of our rooms and seeing the lake and AoA across it). Both the 60s and 70s are great locations so you can't go wrong with either one. And fyi the 60s area is the closest to the bridge to AoA if you are thinking of exploring that resort.

Note, hope your DH's employement status to "employed" soon.
Thanks, we hope it changes back soon too.

I didn't realize there was a bridge to AoA? That's pretty exciting since that resort looks amazing too. How long of a walk is it?
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #3150
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Food review....
CM DD ordered the crab quesadilla. It was nasty!! If you are from MD or are a picky seafood eater, chances are you will not like it! It was so bad we had it replaced with a reuben. She said that wasn't bad.

Other DD ordered the turkey sandwich. It was real turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, lettuce with cranberry mayo. She said the best part of the sandwich was the bread! LOL which was toasted.

My suggestion....if you really don't like something, speak up BUT KINDLY! And they will replace it with something else for you! They really are accommodating!
I can kind of tell what I will like and not like. I loved the Turkey Cabattia but there is now way that sandwich sounds appealing to me. I'm glad my flat bread and chicken pam with salad is still on the menu. I'm sure we will make it work. Dh would eat the make your on burrito every day.

I also noticed the make your own tacos and salads sound like something I would eat along with the pot roast. So in my case there is plenty to choose from. Last year we were there for 11 days and I did eat the flat bread twice and the turkey sandwich twice.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: