Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #3046
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Where do you find the movie listings for each month? I can't seem to find it. And thank you for posting the movies!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #3047
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
Where do you find the movie listings for each month? I can't seem to find it. And thank you for posting the movies!
My DD is a CM. it is on their CM website, she got it for me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #3048
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I found the following list for June 2013 on another website. Can't attest to the accuracy, but it is what I found.

Sunday - Toy Story 2
Monday - Hercules
Tuesday - Tarzan
Wednesday - Tangled
Thursday - Monsters, Inc.
Friday - Tinker Bell
Saturday - Mulan
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #3049
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla
If you ever need to find it do a Google search for "pop century outdoor movie schedule" (or any other WDW resort) and click the first result. The DIS won't let me post the link but the name mentions building a mouse trip.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #3050
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
If you ever need to find it do a Google search for "pop century outdoor movie schedule" (or any other WDW resort) and click the first result. The DIS won't let me post the link but the name mentions building a mouse trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
June's Movie Schedule has finally posted to the web!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I found the following list for June 2013 on another website. Can't attest to the accuracy, but it is what I found.
Awesome!! Thanks MeMom and Stitchlovestink for posting the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Sooo we will be staying the first 2 nights of our trip at POP!! DS is so excited as this will be our first stay. We have been counting down for a little over a year and we can barely wait til July 31! 61 days to go!
Awesome! Sure it will be his best birthday ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
Stayed at Pop twice now, last time was last May. No real issues with it. Hey I am just happy to be in Disney lol!
Me too Our company went thru layoffs last week, very sad. I'm grateful for my job and the fact that Disney will be in the works for us this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
They are very firm IMO.
Second this... but them we like 'em that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpotter View Post
Not too bad. Laying on one right now.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #3051
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
Our fantastic faithful POPers often post this info. It is also included found in Post #6 of this FAQ thread.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #3052
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
June's Movie Schedule has finally posted to the web!!

Movies Start at 8:30pm

Here it is!!

Sunday - "Toy Story 2" - Rated G
Monday - "Hercules" - Rated G
Tuesday - "Tarzan" - Rated G
Wednesday - "Tangled" - Rated PG
Thursday - "Monsters, Inc." - Rated G
Friday - "Tinker Bell" - Rated G
Saturday - "Mulan" - Rated G
Sorry, I didn't see that you had already posted this.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #3053
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Our fantastic faithful POPers often post this info. It is also included found in Post #6 of this FAQ thread.
Thank you! Headed for our first WDW trip in 20 days! Staying one night at POP (our first night) then spending 6 nights at BC and then 4 at POLY CL. So I get to see a wide range of hotels and rooms on our first (and probably last for a very long time, we live in Seattle!) trip!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #3054
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Hey, everyone! We have stayed at POP several times but I have a question I haven't run into before. Does it seem that blender-type appliances are ok to have in your room? I have tons of food allergies and have started making protein smoothies in the mornings. I use a ninja which is basically a blender, just a different style. I would love to bring it with us so I can have smoothies as a part of my breakfast but I also don't want to break any rules (if there was a smoothie on property I could have, I'd be glad to just have that... But again- allergies!). Anyone have experience with this? We are in the double digits now so of course my brain wants to plan as if our trip is only a week away! Thanks!!!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #3055
Iheartdopey10
Earning My Ears

We stayed at POP in March and will be back again in July, I can not wait! I am not excited about the heat and humidity, but this will be a swimming, relaxing trip for us. I'm hoping the new food court menu isn't as bad as it sounds since we'll be spending a lot of our time at the resort and plan to eat several meals there.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #3056
Spankadoodle
Earning My Ears

a young lady I work with used her Magic Bullet at Disney without any issue. Granted, due to medical issues she has a feeding tube, but that's not the issue. My assumption is it is the same as bringing in your own cereal for breakfast to save money. The Mouse keepers even washed it out for her one time when her family was running late to the parks.

It should not be treated differently than if you brought in a hair dryer of curling iron.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #3057
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
Hey, everyone! We have stayed at POP several times but I have a question I haven't run into before. Does it seem that blender-type appliances are ok to have in your room? I have tons of food allergies and have started making protein smoothies in the mornings. I use a ninja which is basically a blender, just a different style. I would love to bring it with us so I can have smoothies as a part of my breakfast but I also don't want to break any rules (if there was a smoothie on property I could have, I'd be glad to just have that... But again- allergies!). Anyone have experience with this? We are in the double digits now so of course my brain wants to plan as if our trip is only a week away! Thanks!!!
I think that would be fine. The only things that I would be concerned about are (1) how much power it uses and (2) how loud it is. On the former, you might consider bringing a power strip so if you do have a surge it has a limited impact. On the latter, just be considerate of your neighbors should you be an early riser. Some of those blenders are really loud.

Also, with respect to accommodating your food allergies, be sure to check out the disAbilities board for hints on managing that at WDW. Disney does a great job with helping people navigate what they can and cannot have while on property.

Have a wonderful trip.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #3058
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

I think that would be fine. The only things that I would be concerned about are (1) how much power it uses and (2) how loud it is. On the former, you might consider bringing a power strip so if you do have a surge it has a limited impact. On the latter, just be considerate of your neighbors should you be an early riser. Some of those blenders are really loud.

Also, with respect to accommodating your food allergies, be sure to check out the disAbilities board for hints on managing that at WDW. Disney does a great job with helping people navigate what they can and cannot have while on property.

Have a wonderful trip.
Ninja blender shouldn't use much energy at all, they're a lot like magic bullets (only better I hope because we had a mb and it was awful)

9/7/14-9/14/14 "Oh God there's the Yeti" PTR

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #3059
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartdopey10 View Post
I'm hoping the new food court menu isn't as bad as it sounds since we'll be spending a lot of our time at the resort and plan to eat several meals there.
I really like the food choices at POP. There's so much variety so I'm sure you will find something you like. Try the pasta salad offered at the sandwich station. It's sooooo good!

EDIT: Sorry I just saw that you said the new menu! I haven't been since February and I have looked at the new menus yet. Let us know how everything is!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #3060
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

We are enjoying our stay at Pop! Our room is nice and cool. We asked for a box fan and they brought it to us but we haven't used it.

We ate dinner at the good court. It was ok, I had a Mediterranean Flatbread. It was really hard to get though. The girl who you order with wandered around the back chatting with the CM's fixing the food instead of taking orders.

We haven't seen any bugs, only rabbits and lizards and they have been outside.

Haven't been able to swim, too many thunderstorms. Early yesterday morning we saw lifeguards training or reviewing CPR skills by the pool.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: