Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #3031
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Sooo we will be staying the first 2 nights of our trip at POP!! DS is so excited as this will be our first stay. We have been counting down for a little over a year and we can barely wait til July 31! 61 days to go!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 05-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #3032
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

Stayed at Pop twice now, last time was last May. No real issues with it. Hey I am just happy to be in Disney lol!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #3033
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatelynnMarie View Post
How are the beds?
They are very firm IMO.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 06-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #3034
kjpotter
Mouseketeer

Not too bad. Laying on one right now.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #3035
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

They are fairly firm... What seems crazier is how variable the pillows are. We have one super puffy/firm one and a very soft one.... We DO have bugs in/outside our room. Took out two very big spiders and another beetle looking bug our first night and there was more out the door (including what looked like a cockroach). Shortly after we got back I heard a CM with a radio out there so maybe someone called it in... Lol! So we've been sticking a towel under our door at night and didnt see any yesterday... Hopefully no new visitors today either but we will see. We are on level 1, building 5 facing the lake. There have been an odd number of flies but nothing crazy, just that I've noticed them here and there when I don't at home. Wasn't thinking about it until I noticed them so its not like I was looking for an issue or anything. Food court has been FILTHY, but I think that's more the guests then the CMs. AoA seemed much better & tastier this morning for breakfast but I like different things... Had the veggie naan sandwich with spinach, paneer & cauliflower that was wonderful!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #3036
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
In August 2011 my nephew get kicked in the teeth in the bowling pin pool. He was crying and it was obvious he was bleeding from the mouth. The lifeguard did NOTHING. I swam over to my nephew and got him out of the water. My wife asked the lifeguard why he didn't do anything and he said "kids cry in the pool all the time and it didn't seem like he was drowning". He wasn't going to do anything but my wife insisted he call for medical help. He reluctantly did while rolling his eyes and never getting off his chair. My nephew lost one tooth, another was loose and he needed stitches in his lip.

Don't depend on the lifeguards to watch or help your kids.
Sorry to hear about the poor little guy! But, I second that! Not that that I have had a poor experience with them but it's our responsibility as parents to watch our kids. I like that the life guards are there but I only depend on them for anything I "might miss" with 3 kids & 2 adults, we are out numbered but we watch them like hawks as best we can. Parents watch your kids in the pools, it only takes a second.

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 06-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #3037
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBiskit View Post
Bummer! I guess no working out for 10 days!
Are you taking any children to the parks???

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
Old 06-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #3038
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

I have request a king room. If I am lucky enough to get one, are there electrical outlets for both night stands?

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #3039
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymindy
I have request a king room. If I am lucky enough to get one, are there electrical outlets for both night stands?
No, I am pretty sure (99.8%) there is only an outlet for the night stand that has the clock radio. But the clock will be plugged into another outlet (like behind the bed, I think...one that is hard to reach. It's behind a piece of furniture).
Thanks for posting this! Since DD is going this trip we will definitely have more stuff to charge so I need to throw a charging strip in the suit case this time! By myself, there are enough outlets, but with her things too, we will definitely run short!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #3040
cindymindy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

No, I am pretty sure (99.8%) there is only an outlet for the night stand that has the clock radio. But the clock will be plugged into another outlet (like behind the bed, I think...one that is hard to reach. It's behind a piece of furniture).
Thanks for posting this! Since DD is going this trip we will definitely have more stuff to charge so I need to throw a charging strip in the suit case this time! By myself, there are enough outlets, but with her things too, we will definitely run short!
Thanks for the response! I think we will be bringing a strip as well!

November, 2014:POP Century, Wine and Dine Half Marathon! July, 2013: Animal Kingdom Lodge June, 2013: POP Century 2012: Caribbean Beach 2007: Grand Floridian 2001: Coronado Springs 2000: Port Orleans: French Quarter 1999: Caribbean Beach 1998: Coronado Springs 1990: Off property 1987: Off property
Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #3041
musicmom3331
Earning My Ears

How can I find the calendar showing the movies that will be shown at POP? I've tried multiple places and can't find one. And, yes, I've used google.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #3042
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmom3331 View Post
How can I find the calendar showing the movies that will be shown at POP? I've tried multiple places and can't find one. And, yes, I've used google.
Had DD check the CM website and it has not been updated with the new schedule yet...
it is still showing May's schedule. Maybe tomorrow??
Old 06-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #3043
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymindy View Post
Thanks for the response! I think we will be bringing a strip as well!
Hi Cindy I see we will be there the same time! I check in the day before you.
To be a little more specific. There are four double plug outlets in the king rooms...one over the nightstand, one under the table or by the table leg (that's the one I plug my ecv into), one in the lower middle section of the wall (which is wall that divides the room from the bathroom) on the far side of the bed, and the one by the sink (the hairdryer is plugged into this one but you can easily unplug it!) I have to plug in a couple of medical devices to recharge and a cell phone and an extra phone battery, the camera battery, and the ecv, of course. This is travelling solo! And some of those chargers have larger plugs that block the second plug from being able to be used. So I will definitely need a charging strip for DD's stuff! And the one on that one wall is a really 'bad' location because you literally have to lay your item on the floor (unless it's a wall unit) and I always worry about it getting stepped on because there is just no where to put it. Unless you have 6ft or more cord to take it to the other nightstand, that the only thing I could think of. But I'm glad you mentioned this because we will definitely need that Charging strip!!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #3044
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Well I was very happy. That pop has a long time luggage storage room. I thought I was going to have to get a room for our luggage for the 5 days we go on the dream. There will already be 7 of us in the van. Not sure how much more luggage we can add. But I can tell you my luggage for 4 for 17 days would not be fitting in the van.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 06-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #3045
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmom3331 View Post
June's Movie Schedule has finally posted to the web!!

Movies Start at 8:30pm

Here it is!!

Sunday - "Toy Story 2" - Rated G
Monday - "Hercules" - Rated G
Tuesday - "Tarzan" - Rated G
Wednesday - "Tangled" - Rated PG
Thursday - "Monsters, Inc." - Rated G
Friday - "Tinker Bell" - Rated G
Saturday - "Mulan" - Rated G
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: