Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #286
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

Anything of new interest or note during the Pop online check-in process?
Nothing out of the ordinary that I am aware of. Request options were each decade, ground floor, lakeview, and close to transportation. I think that was all of them anyway.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #287
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

10 Days!!!

I just did my online check-in! I asked for 60s groundfloor and I am in a standard room. I hope that defaults me to the lakeview sides of 60s.

May 11-17, 2014 - Pop Century, Epcot Flower & Garden Festival and the opening SWW
November 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside, MVMCP

Oct./Nov. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #288
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I just did my online check-in! I asked for 60s groundfloor and I am in a standard room. I hope that defaults me to the lakeview sides of 60s.

neat shadowbox! i need to make something like that!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #289
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Thanks! It was really easy. It is just a 5x7 frame with cardstock and Thickers. The numbers are stamped onto punch outs I made with an EK Success punch, then they are stuck on with velcro dots.

May 11-17, 2014 - Pop Century, Epcot Flower & Garden Festival and the opening SWW

Oct./Nov. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #290
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Very cute countdown!

Did you happen call central reservations to add your request for a lake side room back when the reservation was first made? Otherwise there is no way for the room assigner to know that would be your preference. (If not, just call today to add a lake side request! )

Fingers crossed!!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #291
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Good idea I will!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #292
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Very cute countdown!

Did you happen call central reservations to add your request for a lake side room back when the reservation was first made? Otherwise there is no way for the room assigner to know that would be your preference. (If not, just call today to add a lake side request! )

Fingers crossed!!!
Right. We were advised that whenever a guest requests a first floor room, that is the #1 priority for the room assigners when filling requests. So, if your real first priority is a lakeview, you should let WDW know by calling. Also, even though you did on-line check-in, if you aren't happy with your room assignment at check-in, ask if there is a first floor, lakeview room available. It might not be in the 1960s section, but it might be more what you want. If you're nice about it, the CMs will happily help you.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #293
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love your countdown!! You are very creative!

And do add the lake view request to your ressie (as Disney will not know your intention for lake view if 60s is not available.)

And since groundfloor is also a request, if that is the most important, have that listed first.

Sandi: did not see your reply ...that is great info about the first floor request ... that takes priority over any other request??

BTW, was thinking about you last night ... you must be real happy!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #294
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I just called. Ground floor is actually my least important request. I requested 60s, lakeview, then ground floor when I spoke with them. The ground floor part is just because by the end of the night I am so freakin' exhausted because I don't know when to stop! Last trip I requested close to transportation and they put me in the 90s which I didn't like so I asked them to change me and I got 70s lakeview which was nice. I want 60s this time because it is close to everything and close to the bridge to AoA so I can go explore.

I also had to add my flight info again because it didn't stick when I called on Sunday. I had a typo in my address (my bad) so my original luggage tags haven't come yet. They said they would send more on Sunday but then I had the guy double-check today and they didn't have my flight info on file. If I don't get tags, I guess I will be shlepping my bags. No biggie!

Old 10-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #295
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just called. Ground floor is actually my least important request. I requested 60s, lakeview, then ground floor when I spoke with them. The ground floor part is just because by the end of the night I am so freakin' exhausted because I don't know when to stop! Last trip I requested close to transportation and they put me in the 90s which I didn't like so I asked them to change me and I got 70s lakeview which was nice. I want 60s this time because it is close to everything and close to the bridge to AoA so I can go explore.

I also had to add my flight info again because it didn't stick when I called on Sunday. I had a typo in my address (my bad) so my original luggage tags haven't come yet. They said they would send more on Sunday but then I had the guy double-check today and they didn't have my flight info on file. If I don't get tags, I guess I will be shlepping my bags. No biggie!
You sound like us ... we are definitely park lovers and typically close a park, and we do evening EMHs. We actually prefer not having the ground floor, and don't have a problem getting an elevator promptly. In August we were in Bldg 4, lakeview, second floor. It was perfect. Not the ground floor, but easy enought to take the stairs down and elevator back up.

It's a short walk over to AoA.... and as an option, we took the AoA bus a few times to explore the resort and also when the AoA bus was at a park first. Hopefully you will get your ME tags, however, I believe you can still have your backs picked up by ME even if you don't receive the tags. Does anyone now this for sure?

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #296
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Good excuse to pack light!!

I'm one of those guests whose room location means a lot - the resort is as important to me as spending time in the parks. When staying at a Value Resort, POP is always the resort of choice - I love a 4th fl room, looking out over the lake... it's a bonus if I can see the top of IllumiNations as well...and an extra bonus if an end room!

Wondering if the view of AOA adds to the view...not that abandoned buildings made for a great view!

It's going to be fun to walk all the way across Generation Gap Bridge after all these years!

Have fun!!

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #297
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B
Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey1968

You sound like us ... we are definitely park lovers and typically close a park, and we do evening EMHs. We actually prefer not having the ground floor, and don't have a problem getting an elevator promptly. In August we were in Bldg 4, lakeview, second floor. It was perfect. Not the ground floor, but easy enought to take the stairs down and elevator back up.

It's a short walk over to AoA.... and as an option, we took the AoA bus a few times to explore the resort and also when the AoA bus was at a park first. Hopefully you will get your ME tags, however, I believe you can still have your backs picked up by ME even if you don't receive the tags. Does anyone now this for sure?
Yes, you can still get ME to pick your bags up for you even without the yellow bag tags. You would just need to stop at the ME desk and give them a description of the bags and the bag claim tickets and they will still get your bags for you and deliver them. It happens often enough that people don't have the yellow tags that they are used to it.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #298
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I love your countdown!! You are very creative!

And do add the lake view request to your ressie (as Disney will not know your intention for lake view if 60s is not available.)

And since groundfloor is also a request, if that is the most important, have that listed first.

Sandi: did not see your reply ...that is great info about the first floor request ... that takes priority over any other request??

BTW, was thinking about you last night ... you must be real happy!!
Hey Janet, Yes, very happy about our Tigers! They always make it exciting at the end though. Geeze Louise! At least we take nothing for granted here in Michigan.

On the ground floor request, we talked with one of the back room CMs at Pop when we checked in for our August stay. I had made an on-line request for 1950s and ground floor; I also called with a lakeview request. (Not too demanding, am I?) They gave us a ground floor room in the 1990s section to start. I asked about some other options for lakeview and we were able to move to the 1970s in a ground floor almost lakeview corner room. The CM explained that they always take the ground floor request as the #1 request to fulfill because, in their experience, that is what people requesting ground floor most want. I guess that makes sense with the number of scooters and strollers at WDW.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #299
Tweet
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me a good request for rooms? I would like to be near the buses. Thanks!

[/url]
Tweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #300
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweet View Post
Can anyone tell me a good request for rooms? I would like to be near the buses. Thanks!
The first page of this thread has loads of info about room locations to help with requests.

If you booked a standard room location, then 60's, bldg 5 is a very good request...(my personal favorite if we want to be close to the lobby/food court/buses). We have other favorite locations for view etc.

Some DISers also like bldg 6, but we find those rooms a bit farther, same for bldg 1.

Hope this helps!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: