Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #271
Bravesfan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 76

Organizing room

We will be at POP 11/13-11/24 with DD & family. I seem to remember a thread regarding the best way to organize rooms. I can't seem to enter the right word search. Anybody have suggestions or the link to the information?
Bravesfan is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #272
vkg090902
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 59

POP door size

Yeah 12 days until we arrive!!! I have receive the diminsions for the window but does anyone know the diminsions of the door. We need it to get our Halloween decorations ready!

Thanks!
vkg090902 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #273
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 682

A week from today ill be at POP and WDW!! So excited!
__________________
Steph2527 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #274
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

we will be in disney in 1 week!! the bad news is i think my fiance and i are coming down with something. my throat is just killing me! so right now i am trying my best to drink tons and tons of water, get extra vitamins, sleep a lot, and just hope that this cold or whatever it is goes away soon!! i rarely get sick (last time was feb. 2011), and that cold lasted 2 weeks! here's hoping to a swift recovery! i'm gonna need all of my strength to handle the itinerary i have planned!
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #275
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,181

Did online check in this morning. 10 more days!
smitch425 is online now  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #276
bteaster5
Earning My Ears
 
bteaster5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15

We've stayed at several resorts... Including a few moderates like Coronado, POR, and Caribbean Beach... My kids beg to go back to POP. It feels like Disney to us! It is by far our fave!!
bteaster5 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #277
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,331

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Did online check in this morning. 10 more days!


Anything of new interest or note during the Pop online check-in process?
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #278
msmith07101
DIS Veteran
 
msmith07101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 830

Counting the days...

29 more days til I see Pop again! Can't wait...need this vacation!!
__________________
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #279
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
we will be in disney in 1 week!! the bad news is i think my fiance and i are coming down with something. my throat is just killing me! so right now i am trying my best to drink tons and tons of water, get extra vitamins, sleep a lot, and just hope that this cold or whatever it is goes away soon!! i rarely get sick (last time was feb. 2011), and that cold lasted 2 weeks! here's hoping to a swift recovery! i'm gonna need all of my strength to handle the itinerary i have planned!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Did online check in this morning. 10 more days!

Both of you have a great time!!
__________________

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #280
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesfan View Post
We will be at POP 11/13-11/24 with DD & family. I seem to remember a thread regarding the best way to organize rooms. I can't seem to enter the right word search. Anybody have suggestions or the link to the information?
Awesome!! Spending Thanksgiving with Mickey

Don't know the thread you are referring to ... I do know several POPers have posted using POP up hampers (no pun intended), an over the door hanging organizer, some packing cubes for their luggage ... not sure what else. I believe Kelly had some great ideas ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkg090902 View Post
Yeah 12 days until we arrive!!! I have receive the diminsions for the window but does anyone know the diminsions of the door. We need it to get our Halloween decorations ready!

Thanks!
Do not know, but suspect at least 32" wide for ADA compliance, and maybe at least 6' tall? Not sure, maybe we can get a someone to measure who is there or is going shortly for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
A week from today ill be at POP and WDW!! So excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Did online check in this morning. 10 more days!
So exciting!! Enjoy! A great time to visit ... and attend MNSSHP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
we will be in disney in 1 week!! the bad news is i think my fiance and i are coming down with something. my throat is just killing me! so right now i am trying my best to drink tons and tons of water, get extra vitamins, sleep a lot, and just hope that this cold or whatever it is goes away soon!! i rarely get sick (last time was feb. 2011), and that cold lasted 2 weeks! here's hoping to a swift recovery! i'm gonna need all of my strength to handle the itinerary i have planned!
Here's plenty of to help you get better!! you seem to be doing all the right stuff... what about trying the OTC meds to help shorten a cold?? Or maybe that is taken care of already with vitamins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteaster5 View Post
We've stayed at several resorts... Including a few moderates like Coronado, POR, and Caribbean Beach... My kids beg to go back to POP. It feels like Disney to us! It is by far our fave!!
It is like coming home when you step into the lobby, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
29 more days til I see Pop again! Can't wait...need this vacation!!
Hope it's a fantastic trip for you!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #281
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran
 
DreaGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037

A few years ago, maybe 3, I ordered water from Costco and had it delivered to POP. Has anyone done this recently? Is it still allowed?
__________________

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
DreaGirl is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #282
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!
 
Allieran3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lehighton Pa
Posts: 515

Just switched our ressie's from AoA to POP, I loved POP when we stayed there in 08. Quick question, I want to request a top floor in the 70s section cause I hear it has a great view of the lake. Will this request be granted or do I have to pay extra to get the "view"?
__________________
Just returned from a wonderful 10 day Disney Dream Vacation
Allieran3 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #283
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
Just switched our ressie's from AoA to POP, I loved POP when we stayed there in 08. Quick question, I want to request a top floor in the 70s section cause I hear it has a great view of the lake. Will this request be granted or do I have to pay extra to get the "view"?
All lake side rooms are standard view! Our favorite lake view is the 4th floor, 50's bldg 3 because we can also see the top of IllumiNations from those rooms...and some rooms in bldg 4, lakeside.

If a lake view is most important, be sure to request lake side as your first request, then 4th floor...most 70's rooms do not have a lake view. 70's Bldg 6 will have lake views, bldgs 4 & 5 in the 60's and bldg 3 in the 50's has very nice lake views.

Have fun and hope you get a great lake side room!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #284
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!
 
Allieran3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lehighton Pa
Posts: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana

All lake side rooms are standard view! Our favorite lake view is the 4th floor, 50's bldg 3 because we can also see the top of IllumiNations from those rooms...and some rooms in bldg 4, lakeside.

If a lake view is most important, be sure to request lake side as your first request, then 4th floor...most 70's rooms do not have a lake view. 70's Bldg 6 will have lake views, bldgs 4 & 5 in the 60's and bldg 3 in the 50's has very nice lake views.

Have fun and hope you get a great lake side room!
Thank you so much for this info
__________________
Just returned from a wonderful 10 day Disney Dream Vacation
Allieran3 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #285
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
Thank you so much for this info
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: