Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #2791
sweetie1996
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Ceiling fans?

I will really miss our ceiling fan when we stay at Pop in June. On our previous visit to Pop in June 2010 I had a hard time sleeping without my fan.

I am thinking of bringing a small fan, anyone have a recommendation? It needs to be inexpensive but easy to pack in the van for the road trip. And big enough to move the air in the room.
I always bring a fan when I'm at a hotel, glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm bringing a box fan for our next trip, it produces plenty of air and the sound blocks out other noise.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #2792
mawmaw040510
Earning My Ears

Getting to Pop.. Is it best to stay on turnpike and take 1-4 or should we exit somewhere up the road and take the back roads? Last time we went someone gave us great directions to CSR and we loved taking that back road and missing all of 1-4..
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #2793
David Brent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie1996 View Post

I always bring a fan when I'm at a hotel, glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm bringing a box fan for our next trip, it produces plenty of air and the sound blocks out other noise.
I do the same! I bring a mini upright fan that fits on a bedside table. Even though the hotel AC is good and loud, the fan adds an extra sound.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #2794
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

We're doing a split stay! July 9-14th at CSR (for a conference) & the 15-17th at POP! I"m so excited!!!
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 05-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #2795
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawmaw040510 View Post
Getting to Pop.. Is it best to stay on turnpike and take 1-4 or should we exit somewhere up the road and take the back roads? Last time we went someone gave us great directions to CSR and we loved taking that back road and missing all of 1-4..
We always come in the back way. That road is a toll road, but it has very little traffic.

Planning our next trip...
Old 05-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #2796
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Hey POP lovers!!

I apologize ahead of time for not reading the entire thread (yet) but we are seriously considering staying at POP for the first half of our upcoming vacation. We have never stayed there before, and so don't have an idea of the scale of the resort. Can anyone let me know how long the walk is from the various buildings? We will certainly book preferred if it really is better, but if we're looking at the difference between a 1 min walk from the 60s building and a 5 min walk from the 80s, it might not matter. We just can't tell scale from the maps.

Last year, we stayed at CBR out in Trinidad South and the walk was horrific. We just don't want to repeat that! Thanks so much in advance!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 05-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #2797
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306
Hey POP lovers!!

I apologize ahead of time for not reading the entire thread (yet) but we are seriously considering staying at POP for the first half of our upcoming vacation. We have never stayed there before, and so don't have an idea of the scale of the resort. Can anyone let me know how long the walk is from the various buildings? We will certainly book preferred if it really is better, but if we're looking at the difference between a 1 min walk from the 60s building and a 5 min walk from the 80s, it might not matter. We just can't tell scale from the maps.

Last year, we stayed at CBR out in Trinidad South and the walk was horrific. We just don't want to repeat that! Thanks so much in advance!
It is NOwhere the size of CBR!!!
I would say that even in the furtherest standard rooms walking slow to moderate paced...it might be 7/8 min to the main bldg vs 2/3 min from the preferred rooms. And Many of the standard rooms are only anywhere from 3 to 5 min from the main bldg....not worth getting a preferred room for us.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #2798
Stefne
Earning My Ears

Hi all. I'm trying to figure out from the maps what building I should be reqesting to be near the parking lots as we'll have our car and will be driving to the parks. Would also like to be in decent proximity to a pool for the kids (wouldn't necessarily have to be pool view). Any thoughts??
Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #2799
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
It is NOwhere the size of CBR!!!
I would say that even in the furtherest standard rooms walking slow to moderate paced...it might be 7/8 min to the main bldg vs 2/3 min from the preferred rooms. And Many of the standard rooms are only anywhere from 3 to 5 min from the main bldg....not worth getting a preferred room for us.
Thank you so much for your response!! It's so hard to tell from pictures what the scale of the resorts can be, you know? This is super helpful. I really appreciate it!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #2800
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefne View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out from the maps what building I should be reqesting to be near the parking lots as we'll have our car and will be driving to the parks. Would also like to be in decent proximity to a pool for the kids (wouldn't necessarily have to be pool view). Any thoughts??
Building 1 in the 50's sounds like a good choice for you -- the building itself has sides facing the parking lot, yet no matter where you are the Bowling Pool is convenient. Building 2 in 50's has similar characteristics, except that building 1 is closer to Classic Hall than building 2.

Parking lot and pool proximity can also be said for all three buildings in the 80's/90's section. I like building 1 in 50's anyway even without having a car, so I suggest it first.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #2801
Mikeypro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Thanks for the tip--going in July and worried about the room staying comfortable.

btw--Got a great chuckle out of your signature line. Thanks for the giggle this morning!
You are welcome...if only the quote weren't so true

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #2802
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Ceiling fans?

I will really miss our ceiling fan when we stay at Pop in June. On our previous visit to Pop in June 2010 I had a hard time sleeping without my fan.

I am thinking of bringing a small fan, anyone have a recommendation? It needs to be inexpensive but easy to pack in the van for the road trip. And big enough to move the air in the room.
I bring a cheap one from Walmart I think it is a dorm one. I think it was 10.00. I sleep at home with a fan on.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #2803
Stefne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

Building 1 in the 50's sounds like a good choice for you -- the building itself has sides facing the parking lot, yet no matter where you are the Bowling Pool is convenient. Building 2 in 50's has similar characteristics, except that building 1 is closer to Classic Hall than building 2.

Parking lot and pool proximity can also be said for all three buildings in the 80's/90's section. I like building 1 in 50's anyway even without having a car, so I suggest it first.
Thank you for your speedy response!! Building 1 in the 50's is sounding perfect for us.. Many thanks :-)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #2804
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post
Hi all, I am here at POP now, and would be happy to answer any questions any of you may have about the resort, especially regarding the new food options at Everything Pop.
My party of 2 arrived around noon today, and our room was ready! Our request for a king bed was met, and we have a pretty nice view of the computer pool from our room in building 8 second floor. Busses are just a short walk across the parking lot, so we are pretty happy! I also met some really great cast members in the gift shop who had me sign THEIR autograph book! Oh, and we came across a cute little bunny rabbit sitting in the grass when walking up the stairs to our room. I have a rabbit at home so this made me happy to see
RapunzelsBFF... Thanks for checking in and it's great to hear your requests were met! Agree with you on the wonderful CMs...we met several last August.. they are super friendly and go out of their way to help. If you have a chance, give us your opinion on the food choices that you try. TIA!

BTW, I love early morning at POP and walking the grounds... and have seen bunnies too. . Usually make my way to the food court (for my daily chocolate croissiant) and encounter the CMs out washing down the pavement and wiping down the chairs... they always have a cheery hello for you.

Have fun!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Hi POP lovers!!!! I'm so excited to be actually MOVING TO FLORIDA 1 month from tomorrow and driving a 16' Penske rental truck down to Naples. I'm stopping OF COURSE at Disney and staying at POP Sunday and Monday night before continuing on to my new home!!! My question for you all is, will I be able to drive in and park it then check in? I've only stayed at POP once and used DME, so I have no idea the configuration of the parking lots. TIA for any help!!! Can't wait!!!!
Good luck on your move to FL and have fun on you mini vacation at POP. Yes, there is a guest parking area near the main lobby entrance. Check in, get your room assignment (and hopefully your room is ready)... then follow the signs to the parking area for your bldg. Inform the CM that you have a car and you will be given a parking permit for the length of your stay (believe you have to supply the license plate no.).

Have fun! Oh, to be a Florida resident with those great deals on APs!! You are sure to love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneyluv View Post
We decided to book a trip and stay at Pop over CBR and I think it was a great decision! Our friends loved Pop and we are so excited to head back to Disney on free dining for our son's birthday. It's a total surprise for him, we all love Disney.

Yea! Going to read the thread!
Welcome to the POP FAQ thread CBR and POP are different and hopefully you will like all the unique aspects to POP.

Congrats on the FD Sure this will be a great birthday for your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
We're doing a split stay! July 9-14th at CSR (for a conference) & the 15-17th at POP! I"m so excited!!!
Splits are a fantastic way to get two vacations in one... a win/win. Enjoy!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #2805
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefne

Thank you for your speedy response!! Building 1 in the 50's is sounding perfect for us.. Many thanks :-)
I agree with jcarwash. I just stayed in bldg 1 last week (ground floor pool view..have stayed in this bldg before same place) and enjoyed it again! It is very convenient to a pool (but it was NEVER noisy. Even last time when I stayed there and that was a very busy time!) And to the food court for my refillable mug, and to the buses (I won't drive to MK), and to the parking lot for when we used DD's car. So I really like it. But bldg 3 wasn't that bad either if you happen to get that one.
Or if they put you in bldg 4 or 5 in the 60's, Just park out front (not in the check in area!) and cut straight thru Classic Hall. Easy Peasy!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: