Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #2761
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRebekah82 View Post
How early are you able to check in at pop? Just wondering if my husband took a flight that landed us there at 230 am on our arrival date if we could check into our room and it would be ready. Anyone have any experience with this?
The new day doesn't start until 6:00 a.m., so you couldn't check in until then. I have seen where some people luck out and are able to get into a room by 8:00, but that is not the norm and nothing to count on. (We were able to get into our FW Cabin at 8:30 one time; we were transferring from Pop.) If you booked a room for the prior day, they would hold it for you for a late (really late) check in at 2:30 a.m.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #2762
Grandmatoniko
Mouseketeer
 
Grandmatoniko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivs112 View Post
This thread has been so helpful! We're going to POP for the first time in August. First time ever staying on site. 2 questions:

Do they sell autograph books in the POP souvenir shop?

Do they have microwaves available for public use at the food court?
yes, they have a microwave for public use in the food court.
__________________
Wendy
Mom to Tommy Melissa Hannah Abby
Grandma to Niko
POR 04, Contemporary 05, POR 06, POP 07, POP 08, POP 09, POP 10 and POP 12, POP 13 & POP 2015!!
Grandmatoniko is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #2763
stindall
Congress Tart
 
stindall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,502

Hey guys! Just switched from ASMU to Pop! I just can't quit you pop century!

p.s is the sushi any good?
__________________

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -







Last edited by stindall; 05-15-2013 at 06:15 PM.
stindall is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #2764
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF View Post

Yes, they will hold in a fridge for you
Sweet!!! Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks !!
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #2765
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRebekah82 View Post
How early are you able to check in at pop? Just wondering if my husband took a flight that landed us there at 230 am on our arrival date if we could check into our room and it would be ready. Anyone have any experience with this?
The only way you could get into a room that early is if you pay for the night before.
smitch425 is online now  
Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #2766
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears
 
PrincessRebekah82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65

Thanks for the info
PrincessRebekah82 is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #2767
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3

They do sell autograph books, but they are a bit expensive. You might want to get one before you come down. I don't know about the microwave, sorry!
Yes they have microwaves available for guest use in the food court.
The autograph books sold in the POP gift shop are the same price and ones sold in the parks...FYI. depending on if you just want an autograph book or one that is for autographs and photos, they run about $10ish to $15ish. HTH
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #2768
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
Quick question---- I know I can do this at a DVC resort, but not sure about POP.

I have some perishable groceries that I will have with me when I check in in the morning. Now, I know our room may not be available/ready in the morning. However, I want to check in and then run off to a park. Will they hold my small bag of groceries in the lobby and pplace in the fridge until I come back later to go to my room?

Thanks!!
But the groceries won't be held at the lobby...It'll be held at Bell Services.
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #2769
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

Well here I am. 1am again. Seriously going to be hurting tomorrow. Lol wake up call is at 6am!

Ok quick info..
Flight was good. Arrived at Pop at 1230. Checking was fast and easy. Realized we left my sons hat on the ME. Still waiting to see if anyone found it. Happy with room placement. 4th floor building 1. (My request was 50s close to transportation). And it was ready when we got here.

Ate in food court. Only 2 cashiers. Lots of screens for them to punch in items takes time. Left with luke warm food. Tacos were great. No green tea (hot available).

By time we did what we needed to, our luggage showed up. Unpacked. Mom took boys swimming while I finished organizing, decorated window and tried to locate missing hat.

Went to Magic Kingdom. Arrive around 5. Left by 830. Only visited tomorrow land, Main Street and Mickey. I've come across no flies or love bugs so far.

Seems busier than last year crowd wise but rides weren't busy.

So, we get back. Settle boys. After killing 3 "bugs" in bathroom sink area on wall, mom makes me call "front desk" at 10pm. By 11, manger and 2 "pest control" guys check the bugs. They are small roaches. Mom wants to change rooms ASAP. And they say of course. They want to fumigate it. So in 30 min we packed up our room and moved. And in another 30 unpacked!! Kids slept through it all!!! So we are just climbing in bed. Omg I had unpacked EVERYTHING. I think the manager was impressed how fast we did it. Lol. He personally helped us move everything.

We are same floor, around the corner,a bit further from the elevator. I was hoping for better room placement but didn't say anything. Once we were settled, he told us they credited my CC for one nights stay! So I was pleased and happy with that.

I didn't want to lose my park time tomorrow and move then. And so much easier to pack and move with sleeping kids.

So first day wasn't great, it was a roller coaster with hunger and tiredness and excitement and everything in between. Hoping tomorrow is a great fresh start to our new room and vacation!!!

__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #2770
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher
Well here I am. 1am again. Seriously going to be hurting tomorrow. Lol wake up call is at 6am!

Ok quick info..
Flight was good. Arrived at Pop at 1230. Checking was fast and easy. Realized we left my sons hat on the ME. Still waiting to see if anyone found it. Happy with room placement. 4th floor building 1. (My request was 50s close to transportation). And it was ready when we got here.

Ate in food court. Only 2 cashiers. Lots of screens for them to punch in items takes time. Left with luke warm food. Tacos were great. No green tea (hot available).

By time we did what we needed to, our luggage showed up. Unpacked. Mom took boys swimming while I finished organizing, decorated window and tried to locate missing hat.

Went to Magic Kingdom. Arrive around 5. Left by 830. Only visited tomorrow land, Main Street and Mickey. I've come across no flies or love bugs so far.

Seems busier than last year crowd wise but rides weren't busy.

So, we get back. Settle boys. After killing 3 "bugs" in bathroom sink area on wall, mom makes me call "front desk" at 10pm. By 11, manger and 2 "pest control" guys check the bugs. They are small roaches. Mom wants to change rooms ASAP. And they say of course. They want to fumigate it. So in 30 min we packed up our room and moved. And in another 30 unpacked!! Kids slept through it all!!! So we are just climbing in bed. Omg I had unpacked EVERYTHING. I think the manager was impressed how fast we did it. Lol. He personally helped us move everything.

We are same floor, around the corner,a bit further from the elevator. I was hoping for better room placement but didn't say anything. Once we were settled, he told us they credited my CC for one nights stay! So I was pleased and happy with that.

I didn't want to lose my park time tomorrow and move then. And so much easier to pack and move with sleeping kids.

So first day wasn't great, it was a roller coaster with hunger and tiredness and excitement and everything in between. Hoping tomorrow is a great fresh start to our new room and vacation!!!

Sorry to hear of your not so pleasant dilemma...
BUT as I have said many times before if you address your concerns issues with mgt in the right way, POP is Great about fixing the issues and the tend to go above and beyond!!
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #2771
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Well here I am. 1am again. Seriously going to be hurting tomorrow. Lol wake up call is at 6am!

Ok quick info..
Flight was good. Arrived at Pop at 1230. Checking was fast and easy. Realized we left my sons hat on the ME. Still waiting to see if anyone found it. Happy with room placement. 4th floor building 1. (My request was 50s close to transportation). And it was ready when we got here.

Ate in food court. Only 2 cashiers. Lots of screens for them to punch in items takes time. Left with luke warm food. Tacos were great. No green tea (hot available).

By time we did what we needed to, our luggage showed up. Unpacked. Mom took boys swimming while I finished organizing, decorated window and tried to locate missing hat.

Went to Magic Kingdom. Arrive around 5. Left by 830. Only visited tomorrow land, Main Street and Mickey. I've come across no flies or love bugs so far.

Seems busier than last year crowd wise but rides weren't busy.

So, we get back. Settle boys. After killing 3 "bugs" in bathroom sink area on wall, mom makes me call "front desk" at 10pm. By 11, manger and 2 "pest control" guys check the bugs. They are small roaches. Mom wants to change rooms ASAP. And they say of course. They want to fumigate it. So in 30 min we packed up our room and moved. And in another 30 unpacked!! Kids slept through it all!!! So we are just climbing in bed. Omg I had unpacked EVERYTHING. I think the manager was impressed how fast we did it. Lol. He personally helped us move everything.

We are same floor, around the corner,a bit further from the elevator. I was hoping for better room placement but didn't say anything. Once we were settled, he told us they credited my CC for one nights stay! So I was pleased and happy with that.

I didn't want to lose my park time tomorrow and move then. And so much easier to pack and move with sleeping kids.

So first day wasn't great, it was a roller coaster with hunger and tiredness and excitement and everything in between. Hoping tomorrow is a great fresh start to our new room and vacation!!!

Sorry your first day wasn't magical. From here on out, I hope everything is great. Make sure to schedule some down time today -- naps are under-rated!
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #2772
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran
 
Dreamer & Wisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 2,738

Yikes! Bugs and moving on your first day? Hope things go better for the rest of your trip.

Sounds like Disney customer service was excellent.

Have a magical trip!
__________________
Nancy spending my free time on the Disboards
My Family DH Ron DD Abby 13 DS Ethan 10 DS Henry Elias 3

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #2773
penni520
Mouseketeer
 
penni520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivs112 View Post
This thread has been so helpful! We're going to POP for the first time in August. First time ever staying on site. 2 questions:

Do they sell autograph books in the POP souvenir shop?

Do they have microwaves available for public use at the food court?
You can also order online before you go. www.disneystore.com
__________________



Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #2774
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 396

The roach issue makes me very, very nervous. I am such a girl, and I get that it is Florida but I have seen quite a few reports of roaches at Pop here and on tripadvisor


I hope you have a wonderful trip despite it! <3
__________________
2012 AOA Cars Suite w/ Mimi and Paw Paw
Sept. 2013 - Pop Century
** May 2014 Star Wars Weekend and Legoland Trip @ Pop Century
Blessedwithboys is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #2775
princessanj
Earning My Ears
 
princessanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
The roach issue makes me very, very nervous. I am such a girl, and I get that it is Florida but I have seen quite a few reports of roaches at Pop here and on tripadvisor

I hope you have a wonderful trip despite it! <3
I have stayed at POP three times and in 9 days will be four and we have never saw a bug. Not that they aren't there, we have just never had that experience. I actually request bottom floor too. I'm hoping we don't have a BUG experience when we go:/ my 2 year old DD is sooo scared of any bug including ants. It's almost funny:/
__________________
princessanj is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: