Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #2746
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent View Post
Hit the 10 day mark! Seems like forever but we were last at WDW 4 months ago in January. Used only 1 park day (stayed 2 nights) using the FL 3 day pass. The trip was last second and all the values and mods were booked so we had to stay offsite at DTD. We were put off by the "resort fees" and made us miss staying onsite anywhere. Just add the resort fee into the price and say the parking and buses are free. Last time we stayed onsite was last summer at CSprings. It was ok. The only mod we like is POrleans. It has been at least 2 years last time we stayed at POP.
10 days and counting down! THe time will fly and you will be at POP before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
On man I wish!!! Last trip the boys wouldn't let me sleep on the plane at all!! I managed 4 hours of sleep. Feeling hung over now. Lol airport ride will be here soon.

If I get a chance ill report on room location and all these flies!!
bentopher, hope the euphoria kicks in as soon as you set foot on Disney property and you get that second wind. I think the kids pure excitement will help fuel you on. Check in when you and and ENJOY!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #2747
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Checking in in the morning, last minute the solo trip booked yesterday!!
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #2748
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
I think I am worrying too much.
I've read somewhere on here that the preferred pool view rooms MAY be noisy and now I think they are all noisy all day long. Screaming children everywhere.

We now decided to request nothing and see which floor-level they have for us at check-in for this category.

In March, we had a room on the second floor facing the Hippy Dippy Pool. We were on the end where the steps go down through the yo-yo right by Classic Hall. We kept the door open to enjoy the sounds of kids splashing in the pool for a few minutes each night, but when we closed it, we heard nothing. We were only there two nights after having stayed at Beach Club for five nights, so maybe we were so exhausted that sleep would have come easily even with a train going by, but we had no problems with pool noise.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #2749
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Laying in bed. My alarm goes off in 5 hours and we will be on our way. I hope sleep finds me soon!!!
How super exciting!! Give a full report when you get back and enjoy!!
Does anyone know the drink station selections? I know it is coke products. Do they have cherry coke?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #2750
heathere3
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=JoshP;48377528]Yea, it was at check in. We were basically done and he came over. Nice way to start a vacation!

How was your trip?! I'm sure they didn't do too many (Wanted to keep a few open for walk ins/last min booking). Not sure how we got chosen! At checkout, I asked and he said they were at 94% capacity (Probably higher the further you go into May)

QUOTE]

Our trip was great, thanks for asking! Funnily enough, we ended up with the EXACT same room we'd had our previous trip, and loved! Top floor 50's, Building 1 at the parking lot end. Any closer and it would have been a preferred. We LOVE this location and were thrilled to get it again. Some issues with Mousekeeping, but overall, yet another fantastic stay at Pop. Fantastic enough that I just booked us back with Free Dining...
I blame the coworker I've been going through and doing plans for this week!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #2751
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Wanted to share a pic I took last week. Missing Pop already.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #2752
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Checking in in the morning, last minute the solo trip booked yesterday!!
YEAH!! Love those spur of the moment trips!! Have a great time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
Our trip was great, thanks for asking! Funnily enough, we ended up with the EXACT same room we'd had our previous trip, and loved! Top floor 50's, Building 1 at the parking lot end. Any closer and it would have been a preferred. We LOVE this location and were thrilled to get it again. Some issues with Mousekeeping, but overall, yet another fantastic stay at Pop. Fantastic enough that I just booked us back with Free Dining...
I blame the coworker I've been going through and doing plans for this week!
WOOHOO!! yeah for Free Dining (and perhaps the Halloween party??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

Awesome picture - thanks for sharing!! really wished I could go before August...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #2753
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

Thanks for sharing. My ticker is off since we added 2 nights only 90 days left.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #2754
jennbunn
Mouseketeer

Leaving tomorrow for our first stay at pop. : ) Can't wait to check it out.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #2755
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quick question---- I know I can do this at a DVC resort, but not sure about POP.

I have some perishable groceries that I will have with me when I check in in the morning. Now, I know our room may not be available/ready in the morning. However, I want to check in and then run off to a park. Will they hold my small bag of groceries in the lobby and pplace in the fridge until I come back later to go to my room?

Thanks!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #2756
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Quick question---- I know I can do this at a DVC resort, but not sure about POP.

I have some perishable groceries that I will have with me when I check in in the morning. Now, I know our room may not be available/ready in the morning. However, I want to check in and then run off to a park. Will they hold my small bag of groceries in the lobby and pplace in the fridge until I come back later to go to my room?

Thanks!!
Yes, they will hold in a fridge for you
Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #2757
ivs112
Earning My Ears

This thread has been so helpful! We're going to POP for the first time in August. First time ever staying on site. 2 questions:

Do they sell autograph books in the POP souvenir shop?

Do they have microwaves available for public use at the food court?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #2758
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivs112 View Post
This thread has been so helpful! We're going to POP for the first time in August. First time ever staying on site. 2 questions:

Do they sell autograph books in the POP souvenir shop?

Do they have microwaves available for public use at the food court?
They do sell autograph books, but they are a bit expensive. You might want to get one before you come down. I don't know about the microwave, sorry!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #2759
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears

How early are you able to check in at pop? Just wondering if my husband took a flight that landed us there at 230 am on our arrival date if we could check into our room and it would be ready. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 05-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #2760
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRebekah82 View Post
How early are you able to check in at pop? Just wondering if my husband took a flight that landed us there at 230 am on our arrival date if we could check into our room and it would be ready. Anyone have any experience with this?
Official check in time is 3pm. I can't imagine they'd have your room ready 12 hours early, but you might get some pixie dust! I know we've checked in as early as 9:30am (WOHOO first flight out!) and once or twice had our room ready then. When we checked in on May 4th at 10am, our room wasn't ready but she offered to see if there was another room available for us! (There was, but it wasn't in our preferred location so we chose to wait.)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: