Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #2671
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Getting so close!!! We arrive on Wednesday. And out first time at Pop :dance:

Hoping our room is ready when we arrive via ME around 1230ish! But more so, anyone have success with late checkout?? When we leave may 22, our flight isn't til 745pm. I'm guessing ME around 430? Hoping we can have our room for a few hours extra!!!
Your chances are better for a late check out if you request it at check in.good luck have a great trip..
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #2672
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post

Your chances are better for a late check out if you request it at check in.good luck have a great trip..
That's the plan!!! I even wrote it on my itinerary so I don't forget to ask!!! Lol

And thank you

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #2673
David Brent
Mouseketeer

I just convinced my wife to take a half day! Yay! The original plan was to take her and pick her up from work, then head to POP on the 24th friday.. She said the earliest she could have got off work would be 3:20ish, then grab our stuff from our house and head 2 hrs to POP, potentially arriving at POP before 7. I factor rush hour traffic when driving after she gets off work. I wonder if I should test my luck and ask her to take it off. She's a teacher so I'm sure she has some personal days since she never uses them!

Our first day/night is never a park day. Since our WDW trips are usually identical, we usually arrive late afternoon and head to DTD to hangout/dinner. It'd be nice to arrive during early afternoon. For others that also don't do a park when arriving, what are your traditions that you do the first day at disney?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #2674
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent View Post
I just convinced my wife to take a half day! Yay! The original plan was to take her and pick her up from work, then head to POP on the 24th friday.. She said the earliest she could have got off work would be 3:20ish, then grab our stuff from our house and head 2 hrs to POP, potentially arriving at POP before 7. I factor rush hour traffic when driving after she gets off work. I wonder if I should test my luck and ask her to take it off. She's a teacher so I'm sure she has some personal days since she never uses them!

Our first day/night is never a park day. Since our WDW trips are usually identical, we usually arrive late afternoon and head to DTD to hangout/dinner. It'd be nice to arrive during early afternoon. For others that also don't do a park when arriving, what are your traditions that you do the first day at disney?
We usually do DTD and some outlet shopping the first day October can't come soon enough!!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #2675
Christine9125
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Brent

We also go to DTD, we eat at earls and do some shopping.

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-AOA
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #2676
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

I live 3 hours away in georgia and my dad gave me a ticket for one day at disney for my birthday. Best believe im taking advantage of it. A quick 2 night weekend for my birthday. Ill be 27 on the 26th. I wil be at pop with my 3 year old and my best friend. This is the shortest trip I have ever taking the 24th to 26th but i am so happy. we decided to use our one day at the magic kingdom on Saturday. I was going to try the 24 hour event but I will not do that to the DS and hearing about the crowds on leap day, I have a feeling it will be extra crowded being memorial day weekend. I haven't been to pop in a while. I love it but i am wondering, did they really stop having the cheese steak wraps. They are not on allears menu and I loved those things.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 05-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #2677
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

136 more days until my first trip to POP and I can't stand the excitement anymore!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #2678
Robin K
DIS Veteran

Me too!!! Mother Daughter trip (celebrating her 13 b-day) ... First time in May, checking in on the 14! I have stayed at POP before and my daughter and I loved it. Have fun.

LACDisney-
We are checking in on the 14th too! Our flight lands in MCO at 7:45 pm.
2 more sleeps..LOL
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #2679
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese
I live 3 hours away in georgia and my dad gave me a ticket for one day at disney for my birthday. Best believe im taking advantage of it. A quick 2 night weekend for my birthday. Ill be 27 on the 26th. I wil be at pop with my 3 year old and my best friend. This is the shortest trip I have ever taking the 24th to 26th but i am so happy. we decided to use our one day at the magic kingdom on Saturday. I was going to try the 24 hour event but I will not do that to the DS and hearing about the crowds on leap day, I have a feeling it will be extra crowded being memorial day weekend. I haven't been to pop in a while. I love it but i am wondering, did they really stop having the cheese steak wraps. They are not on allears menu and I loved those things.
Unfortunately the cheese steak wraps are gone!!!
I miss them very much. They were my favorite thing there!! It is very sad....
Old 05-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #2680
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Unfortunately the cheese steak wraps are gone!!!
I miss them very much. They were my favorite thing there!! It is very sad....
AWW boo! I loved them too.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 05-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #2681
disneygirl15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Here are the new menu: (working on including the info in the FAQ posts :

POP in and choose food from any of 7 stations: grab n go items, grill fare, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, healthy choices and ethnic cuisine. Specialties include oven-fired flatbreads, lo mein, pan-seared fish and house-made desserts.

Resort Refillable Mug 15.49

Beverages
Espresso 2.99
Cappuccino 3.39
Iced French Vanilla 4.49
Iced Mocha 4.49
Iced Latte 3.99
Popaccino Iced French Vanilla, Vanilla Syrup, Espresso, and Ice 4.49
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie 4.99

Entrees
Create-Your-Own Salad with choice of Chicken or Shrimp 10.99

Turkey Sandwich Oven-roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Cornbread Stuffing, Cranberry Mayonnaise, and Watercress on Texas Toast with House-made Chips, Pasta Salad, or Side Salad 8.99

Roasted Pork Sandwich Roasted Pork Loin, Ham, Swiss Cheese, Pickle, and Dijon Mustard on a Sub Roll with House-made Chips, Pasta Salad, or Side Salad 8.99

Tuna Salad Sandwich Tuna Salad, Cucumber, and Tomato on a Multigrain Croissant with House-made Chips, Pasta Salad, or Side Salad 8.99

Chicken and Dumplings Pulled Chicken, Vegetables, and Dumplings 3.49

Crab Quesadilla Jumbo Lump Crab, Corn, Monterey Jack Cheese, Onions, Garlic, Red Bell Pepper, Cilantro, and Lime Juice with House-made Chips, Pasta Salad, or Side Salad 10.49

Half Sandwich & Soup 7.99

Meatball Sub Italian Meatballs, Marinara Sauce, and Pizza Cheese with Caesar Salad 9.19

Pepperoni Pizza Bread with Caesar Salad 9.49

Meaty Stromboli Italian Salami, Pepperoni, Sopasata, and Mozzarella with Caesar Salad 9.49

Reuben Stromboli Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut, and Thousand Island Dressing 9.49

Vegetable Sandwich Zucchini, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, Provolone Cheese, and Watercress on Basil Cheese Focaccia with Caesar Salad 8.99

Chicken Cavatappi Oven-roasted Chicken with Marinara Sauce over Cavatappi Pasta with a Cheesy Breadstick 8.49

Sweet Italian Sausage Sub Sweet Italian Sausage topped with sauteed Hungarian Peppers and Onions, Marinara Sauce, and Provolone with Caesar Salad 8.99

Cheese Pizza Bread with Caesar Salad 8.99

Family Style Pizza with choice of Toppings 17.99

Create-Your-Own Tacos Soft or Crisp Corn or Flour Tortillas with choice of Pork, Beef, Chicken, Fish, or Vegetable and your favorite toppings with House-made Chips 8.99

Create-Your-Own Burrito Flour Tortilla with choice of Pork, Beef, Chicken, Fish, or Vegetable and your favorite toppings with House-made Chips 8.99

Create-Your-Own Salad Bowl Choice of Pork, Beef, Chicken, Fish, or Vegetable and your favorite toppings with House-made Chips 8.99

Poppin Nachos Supreme House-made Potato Chips topped with Beef, Chicken, or Vegetable Chili and your favorite toppings 6.79

Chili-Cheese Hot Dog Hot Dog topped with Beef, Chicken, or Vegetable Chili and Cheese Sauce with Pasta Salad or House-made Chips 8.99

Chili-Cheese Corn Dog Corn Dog topped with Beef, Chicken, or Vegetable Chili and Cheese Sauce with Pasta Salad or House-made Chips 7.59

Southwest Burger Angus Burger, Pepper Jack Cheese, Black Bean Relish, Guacamole, and Jalapeno Dressing with Pasta Salad or French Fries 9.99

Spring Roll Sub Beef Spring Roll, Sriracha Mayonnaise, Pickled Vegetables, and Cilantro with Pasta Salad or French Fries 8.99

Salmon Burger House-made Salmon Burger, Wasabi Thai Curry Mayonnaise, and Slaw with Pasta Salad or French Fries 9.99

Grilled Chicken Sandwich Grilled Chicken, Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Arugula, and Remoulade Sauce on a Kimmelwick Bun with Pasta Salad or French Fries 8.99

Sloppy Joe Ground Beef, Tomato Sauce, Green Peppers, Spanish Onion, Cheddar, and House-made Onion Rings with Pasta Salad or French Fries 8.99

Black Bean Burger Black Bean Burger, Corn Tortilla Strips, Avocado, and Monterey Jack Cheese with Pasta Salad or French Fries 8.29

Angus Bacon Cheeseburger Angus Burger, Bacon, and American Cheese with Pasta Salad or French Fries 9.39

Chicken Breast Nuggets 8 pieces with Pasta Salad or French Fries 8.69

Beer Battered Fish and Chips with Pasta Salad or French Fries 7.99

Kids' Meals
Sloppy Joe with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Cheeseburger with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Fish and Chips with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99

Turkey Sandwich with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99

Pasta with Meatball with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Meatball Sub with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Macaroni & Cheese with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Italian Sausage Sub with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Pepperoni Pizza Bread with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Cheese Pizza Bread with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99

Hot Dog with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Taco with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99
Burrito with Grapes and Carrot Sticks 5.99

Sides
Antipasto Selected Meats, Cheeses, and Seasonal Vegetables 5.49
Vegetable Soup 2.99
Tomato Basil Soup 2.99
Chicken Noodle Soup 3.49
Clam Chowder 3.69
Corn Chowder 2.99
Gazpacho 2.99
Ham and Bean Soup 2.99

Gravy Fries 3.79
Beef Chili 3.49
Chicken Chili 3.49
Vegetable Chili 2.99
Sausage and Potato Soup 3.49
Minestrone Soup 2.99

Bakery/Dessert/Snack Items
Coffee Crumb Cake 3.29
Crispy Treat 3.99
Banana Bread 3.29
Assorted Muffins 2.79
Freshly Baked Cookie 2.39
Chocolate Cake 3.79
Tie-dyed Cheesecake 3.79
Freshly Baked Cookie 2.39
Hand-dipped Single Scoop Ice Cream 3.59
Milkshake 4.29
Apple Blossom la mode 4.79
Brownie Sundae 5.89
Ice Cream Sundae 5.09
Pecan Tart la mode 5.68
Brownie Deluxe 3.99
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich 5.29
Crunchy Coated Ice Cream Sundae in a House-made Waffle Bowl 4.79
Thanks for posting this Janet. I had previously posted the menu from the My Disney Experience App but it looks like that information was not completely accurate.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #2682
ktate82
DIS Veteran

We are here now and just realized they don't have the Moms night out anymore! Don't know how I missed that news, but wow! We have sampled a few items and sad to say we are sticking to eating in the parks. It's nice that they want healthy options, but when I'm on vacation, I want to eat whatever I want lol! I can eat healthy at home. Moms night out was a big reason we stayed here, but it looks like we will be looking for something new.
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

Old 05-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #2683
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82
We are here now and just realized they don't have the Moms night out anymore! Don't know how I missed that news, but wow! We have sampled a few items and sad to say we are sticking to eating in the parks. It's nice that they want healthy options, but when I'm on vacation, I want to eat whatever I want lol! I can eat healthy at home. Moms night out was a big reason we stayed here, but it looks like we will be looking for something new.
Yes, I agree!!
In some ways that new Mickey Check sucks! It has kept some great options off of the new menus for silly reasons IMHO. I understand about offering healthy options but do that have to get rid of ALL of the old CLASSICS?? It's a real bummer!!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #2684
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!!

Hope you all are having a fantastic day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl15 View Post
Thanks for posting this Janet. I had previously posted the menu from the My Disney Experience App but it looks like that information was not completely accurate.
Thank YOU!! I really meant to do so in that post - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Yes, I agree!!
In some ways that new Mickey Check sucks! It has kept some great options off of the new menus for silly reasons IMHO. I understand about offering healthy options but do that have to get rid of ALL of the old CLASSICS?? It's a real bummer!!
Agree with you both...why not keep some of oldies but goodies, right? Offer healthier options sure, but don't eliminate the classics -- give people the option... these classics are what make POP different from say another food court and IMO Disney should not take all the individuality away from each resort... whether it be the food menu.. or say frozen coke machine, goofy POP jets...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #2685
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K View Post
Me too!!! Mother Daughter trip (celebrating her 13 b-day) ... First time in May, checking in on the 14! I have stayed at POP before and my daughter and I loved it. Have fun.
Have an amazing time!! Hope you and your daughter make some very special and wonderful memories together.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: