Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #2656
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop? We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #2657
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2paisley View Post
What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop?
If you look at the map, you will see that there are preferred rooms in different buildings that are equally close to Classic Hall. So it would probably be best to make the request of "close to dining". Wording it like that will give the room assigner more options than if you asked for a specific building/area. I have always found it helps to word your request to make it easy to figure out why you are making that request. Close to bus stop, close to parking, close to lake, etc.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...oriesFINAL.jpg

Quote:
We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.
Yes, a preferred pool view is an upgrade from a preferred room. I believe it's about a $5 per night upgrade.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #2658
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What building/area should we try to request that will be closest to the dining area at Pop? We have preferred room.....do we need to upgrade to get preferred pool view? We want the closest possible to Classic Hall if we can.
We just got back! We paid for a plain preferred room and got building 5 facing the kiddie pool (that's under construction). We had rooms 5106 and 5107 and it was perfect. Steps away from the main pool but not right in front to hear any noise. It was also close to AoA (steps to the bridge). We took their bus a couple times from DTD. We would stay in that section again FOR SURE

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #2659
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I requested the 80's building...that's when my husband and I grew up. Love the 80's!
We have always stayed in the 50's because it is super close to the main building. But we have walked to each section and just love the resort. I am a hotel snob because I grew up with parents that both worked in Hilton and Sheraton hotels, so when we first booked POP in 2011 I was terrified, however the info that Janet and others have provided helped..... Then we got there and while it is not a deluxe hotel, it's Disney and the resort is super Disney and we fell in love with it.

My DD and I are staying the Swan next month and while I am super excited to be going to Disney and being able to walk to Epcot and HS I am going to miss Pop.

And the food court...... I can't say enough about the food court, we have been before I found out I have celiacs and after and we just love the food and the chefs. After going gluten free again I was scared about eating, but I walked in and asked for the chef he came out and asked what I wanted to eat, I said what can I have, he said what do you want..... I didn't realize he could make me almost anything gluten free. We went back to Pop to eat most meals last year, that is how good they were to me. They made me some really cool things, it got to the point I would just say fix what ever you want, it's all so good I will eat it. And they always made my plates so pretty, as if I was in a sit down.

Sorry to go on, but I really can't say enough good things about Pop, we just love it. I feel bad for people who pay for deluxe resorts at Disney! Lol
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #2660
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuracaoGirl View Post
Thank you so much Janet! :-)
You're welcome... We can plan and talk Disney with you 24/7. Make that time go by fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
I'M GOING TO BACK TO, I'M GOING BACK TO POP - September 19-29. (said in my singing voice)
and yes, you were right on Key!

Quote:
O.K. I am cheating on Pop in June, by staying at the Swan, but only because I was able to book with the employee rate.

But we are going back to POP in September. Can't wait. We LOVE Pop.

I am a little concerned about the new menu, hope they still have at least some of the same Chef's to cook my GF stuff.
nope...we don't consider it cheating....we all like a great value, right? Different experiences are all good! Sounds like you got a great rate at the Swan.

GF: Sure the chefs will be able to accomdate you GF needs. I have another friend who has to have GF for her kids and she said all the chefs are great to deal with (they love the babycakes in DTD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine9125 View Post
We will be there Sept 21-28, hope to see you there
Awesome! Another Fall Popper Hope you are hitting up MNSSHP. It'a a blast!

Quote:
Just changed to POP the other day from POFQ to save some money. I'm looking forward to staying here. POFQ had the queen size beds, that was the only reason we were there. I can sleep in a double for a week at Disney. POP looks more kid friendly too! My DD10 & DS8 both approved of the change in resorts
POP is SO much fun! Your kids should love it!

Quote:
I requested the 80's building...that's when my husband and I grew up. Love the 80's!
Love the Pac-Man (and who can resist Roger Rabbit??) We like bldg 9.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #2661
Robin K
DIS Veteran

3 days until we check into POP for the first time!!!!
I am super excited. While we have done WDW before we have not stayed at POP or gone in May!
Just mother/daughter trip....woo hoo
Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #2662
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just be aware that a preferred pool view is of the hippy dippy pool and 'can' be very noisy... depending on the time of year. just so you know. and just so you are okay with that. It can be an extremely high traffic area.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #2663
seadd67
DIS Veteran

What time do they start serving Breakfast at Everything POP. I see it opens up at 6am, but are they ready to serve Breakfast??, or just open for Coffee and counter/cold Items. I have some Golf tee times plan and would like to grab some before going to golf.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #2664
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I'll be back at Pop in August! We booked standard room, no requests! My other two visits I had preferred, but the first time I stayed, a preferred room was just in the 60s buildings and I had lakeview, third floor in the Mowgli building. Makes sense that they changed the locations of the preferred rooms a while ago. I loved it though. My second stay, I had top floor in building 4 (the one with the Playdoh). We loved that room! Up the stairs to the top, turn to the right and second room in. I have never put in a request at Pop and I've been happy each time. I am sticking with that for this trip too! I'm so excited to go back and take many, many pictures of Pop Century and Art of Animation while I'm there!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #2665
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
What time do they start serving Breakfast at Everything POP. I see it opens up at 6am, but are they ready to serve Breakfast??, or just open for Coffee and counter/cold Items. I have some Golf tee times plan and would like to grab some before going to golf.
I just read that the hot breakfast items get going around 6:30am. Coffee, other items at 6.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #2666
brooke789
Mouseketeer

We just checked in today! Got here about 1:45 and our room was already ready. Also, flowers that DH had ordered (secretly) for Mother's Day were in the room waiting!

We're really pleased with the size of the room. We were trying to figure out (before arrival) how we'd work it all. We had a mountain of drinks & snacks, a cooler, a double stroller and two kids portable beds. We had decided that we'd tote the stroller to and from the car after we used it each time, but turns out we have PLENTY of room! The kids beds are between the tv & window (we moved the little table to just behind the door), the stroller fits perfectly between the TV and the wall separateing the vanity area. All of our shoes/snacks & drinks are on the floor in that area also. We did take the suit cases back to the car after we unloaded them but we are totally happy with all of our space and don't even feel cramped!

Also, from the description here I was expecting the refrigerator to be almost unusable. We put a thermometer in there and it is 36 degrees (didn't google but sounds cold enough to me!) we also fit a TON in there. I unloaded our entire cooler into the refrigerator. We have: a gallon of milk, 4 Izze drinks, 2 Starbucks Fraps, 3 Starbucks Refreshers, 2 Can Sodas, tub of pimento cheese, 18 Gogurts, 12 Naked juices, two kids straw cups w/milk + 6 beer bottles! Maybe I misunderstood, but the descriptions I read sounded like you were lucky to get a half gallon of milk in the fridge!

Anyway...just wanted to share!!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #2667
kiwi2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have always stayed in the 50's because it is super close to the main building. But we have walked to each section and just love the resort. I am a hotel snob because I grew up with parents that both worked in Hilton and Sheraton hotels, so when we first booked POP in 2011 I was terrified, however the info that Janet and others have provided helped..... Then we got there and while it is not a deluxe hotel, it's Disney and the resort is super Disney and we fell in love with it.

My DD and I are staying the Swan next month and while I am super excited to be going to Disney and being able to walk to Epcot and HS I am going to miss Pop.

And the food court...... I can't say enough about the food court, we have been before I found out I have celiacs and after and we just love the food and the chefs. After going gluten free again I was scared about eating, but I walked in and asked for the chef he came out and asked what I wanted to eat, I said what can I have, he said what do you want..... I didn't realize he could make me almost anything gluten free. We went back to Pop to eat most meals last year, that is how good they were to me. They made me some really cool things, it got to the point I would just say fix what ever you want, it's all so good I will eat it. And they always made my plates so pretty, as if I was in a sit down.

Sorry to go on, but I really can't say enough good things about Pop, we just love it. I feel bad for people who pay for deluxe resorts at Disney! Lol
I'm really impressed about your food court experience....This will be my first time staying at POP and I have food allergies to peanut,tree nut and shellfish....it really eases my mind to hear how accommodating they were to you regarding your meals
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #2668
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2013 View Post

I'm really impressed about your food court experience....This will be my first time staying at POP and I have food allergies to peanut,tree nut and shellfish....it really eases my mind to hear how accommodating they were to you regarding your meals
I have gluten allergy, celiacs, and yes they were absolutely wonderful. I can't say enough about the chefs there. The two men, who's names I can't think of right now, were the best.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #2669
LACDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K View Post
3 days until we check into POP for the first time!!!!
I am super excited. While we have done WDW before we have not stayed at POP or gone in May!
Just mother/daughter trip....woo hoo
Me too!!! Mother Daughter trip (celebrating her 13 b-day) ... First time in May, checking in on the 14! I have stayed at POP before and my daughter and I loved it. Have fun.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #2670
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Getting so close!!! We arrive on Wednesday. And out first time at Pop :dance:

Hoping our room is ready when we arrive via ME around 1230ish! But more so, anyone have success with late checkout?? When we leave may 22, our flight isn't til 745pm. I'm guessing ME around 430? Hoping we can have our room for a few hours extra!!!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: