Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #2356
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBiskit View Post
I have a preferred room booked for June 10-18. When I check in, can I ask to be as close to transportation as possible? Don't know much about the layout as this is my first ever trip to WDW.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Chris
By booking preferred you're automatically getting a room closest to the main building, which is where the bus stops are.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #2357
DisneyBiskit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
By booking preferred you're automatically getting a room closest to the main building, which is where the bus stops are.
Thank you! That's good to know!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #2358
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBiskit View Post
I have a preferred room booked for June 10-18. When I check in, can I ask to be as close to transportation as possible? Don't know much about the layout as this is my first ever trip to WDW.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Chris
I've been reading up on preferred room areas. Preferred rooms are in 50s-60s-70s building. This is the closest to transportation. Preferred pool view will be one of those, but facing pool. You can see maps of the property by searching on google which will help. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #2359
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

I have read in 50's on 4th floor you can see fireworks. Never been to Disney so dumb question....would that be lake view? Is there more than 1 50's building? If so can you see them from all buildings?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #2360
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch
I have read in 50's on 4th floor you can see fireworks. Never been to Disney so dumb question....would that be lake view? Is there more than 1 50's building? If so can you see them from all buildings?
There are 3 bldgs in the 50's section. You would want bldg 3 probably the most and then bldg 2...but def not bldg 1.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #2361
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch View Post
Building 3 faces the lake.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #2362
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
There are 3 bldgs in the 50's section. You would want bldg 3 probably the most and then bldg 2...but def not bldg 1.
It depends on what part of bldg 1. I had a very good view of Illuminations in front of rooms 1437 and 1438 one time. During the day you can see Spaceship Earth from there.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #2363
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

just wanted to come on here and say that POP is by far our favorite place on property From now on no more trying out other places!!! unless we use points to rent from a co worker and stay at BW, we will always book with POP from the start!!!! we just returned from a 9 day trip and checked into POR and by the 3rd night I wanted OUT! We moved to POP and were so glad that we did instead of staying where we didn't feel the love for
DS (14)
Lily
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #2364
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
I've been reading up on preferred room areas. Preferred rooms are in 50s-60s-70s building. This is the closest to transportation. Preferred pool view will be one of those, but facing pool.
Preferred pool rooms are in the 60's buildings only.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #2365
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

we just got back sat and we had a preferred room in the 70's section. The bld with the Mickey Phone. there are preferred rooms in 50's, 60's and 70's....certain rooms are and some are not
DS (14)
Lily
Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #2366
dismom2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The current WDW refurb status says: "Hippy Dippy Kiddie Pool deck surface replacement will occur" through April 26.
Can anyone confirm when the kiddie pool will be up and going? We get in on the 26th.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #2367
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
checked into POR and by the 3rd night I wanted OUT! We moved to POP and were so glad that we did instead of staying where we didn't feel the love for
May I ask why? we are still on the fence on where to stay it is between POP and POR.
The comical DS (6)

Old 04-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #2368
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

It was beautifully landscaped for sure! we stayed there in 97 on our honeymoon and loved it. Wanted to go back this year, (our 16th anniv) room was spacious and clean. The thing that we noticed on the first night was the air conditioning system. We totally forgot all about those window units! We were used to the central air type in POP or even at AKL where we have stayed the last couple years. DS 12 has Autism and needs his sleep, first night he was so exhausted he passed out, but then the 2nd and 3rd the unit would wake him up when it kicked on....most people would think that is silly, but he is sensitive and it was a pain! The walk to and from the bus was ok....you pass building after building that are pretty but just look all the same. I guess we like the variety at POP of things to see to and from the room. The path to and from the food court at night was very dimly lit, again I prefer to be in a brighter environment. What even my husband noticed was the tiny selection in the grab n go area compared to the glass cases at POP. Waaaay more food items to pick from, the fact that the bus went around the resort to stop at all bus stops before heading out the the park added more time. And the way back also stopped at POFQ before POR. At pop we liked getting on the bus and heading straight to a park! It was lots of little things that were just making us wish we were at POP so we moved and were soooo glad we did! Plus I got a credit on my card for the difference!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #2369
Rokwynd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I would say preferred pool view IMO is by far the noisiest but also the priciest. It gets a lot of foot traffic because of it being by the main pool. Can't say much for the solo company because I don't hang at Petals so I don't know... Good Luck!!
Hey Stitch, I am going down in October with a friend, and may be at Petals some nights after getting out of the parks.

1996 CBR
2000 Poly
2013 Pop Century
2015 Pop Century
2016 AOA Cars Suite-(In planning)
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #2370
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
It was beautifully landscaped for sure! we stayed there in 97 on our honeymoon and loved it. Wanted to go back this year, (our 16th anniv) room was spacious and clean. The thing that we noticed on the first night was the air conditioning system. We totally forgot all about those window units! We were used to the central air type in POP or even at AKL where we have stayed the last couple years. DS 12 has Autism and needs his sleep, first night he was so exhausted he passed out, but then the 2nd and 3rd the unit would wake him up when it kicked on....most people would think that is silly, but he is sensitive and it was a pain! The walk to and from the bus was ok....you pass building after building that are pretty but just look all the same. I guess we like the variety at POP of things to see to and from the room. The path to and from the food court at night was very dimly lit, again I prefer to be in a brighter environment. What even my husband noticed was the tiny selection in the grab n go area compared to the glass cases at POP. Waaaay more food items to pick from, the fact that the bus went around the resort to stop at all bus stops before heading out the the park added more time. And the way back also stopped at POFQ before POR. At pop we liked getting on the bus and heading straight to a park! It was lots of little things that were just making us wish we were at POP so we moved and were soooo glad we did! Plus I got a credit on my card for the difference!
Thanks! Much appreciated.
The comical DS (6)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: