Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #2296
emefoe823
Earning My Ears

Newest newbie here lol best place to stay on property with DD 7 and DD 2 would like to be near pool and main building/ buses thanks so much!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #2297
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Interesting, as I stayed at POP in December last year at the same time as Pop Warner and had no problems with them at all. Pop Warner usually only uses POP as overflow, so there aren't many there. They stay more at the All Stars and CBR USUALLY, and POP Century is just used for the overflow of them. I don't know for sure about this year, but I have never had issues with them being rude or a problem with POP. If you show up to the food court at the same time as a large group it can make it take a little longer obviously, but they even get separate buses so they don't cause back-ups for the other guests. I wouldn't worry too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The resorts aren't announced until late September early October. But I wouldn't worry too much. Pop Warner starts December, 7th. Pop is not usually a host resort, but some families that are part of Pop Warner are Disney veterans and pay out of pocket to stay at Pop. Or it is used as overflow.
Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #2298
Mom2HandR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emefoe823 View Post
Newest newbie here lol best place to stay on property with DD 7 and DD 2 would like to be near pool and main building/ buses thanks so much!!
60s is very close to the Hippy Dippy pool, main building and buses.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #2299
Timsierramist
Earning My Ears

Odd question: Lets say I wanted to buy a balloon to put in my room because (I want the A/C to stay on) I like balloons and they are fun... Do they sell balloons at everything pop or will I have to import one from one of the parks?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #2300
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsierramist View Post
Odd question: Lets say I wanted to buy a balloon to put in my room because (I want the A/C to stay on) I like balloons and they are fun... Do they sell balloons at everything pop or will I have to import one from one of the parks?

I don't remember ever seeing balloons at Everything POP. Could be wrong, but I think you would have to get it from a park or DTD

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #2301
Bus36
"Life does not start and stop at your convenience."

Just booked our first stay at POP 10/19 - 10/29 after much research including reading much of this thread. Thanks for all of your help. I'm sure I'll post a few questions in the next 6 months.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #2302
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsierramist View Post

You will have to get one in the parks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #2303
RNMom1969
Earning My Ears

Just home from 8 nights at Pop....3rd trip there and less than impressed this time. Seems like it's showing its age? Room smelled musty, bed was lumpy and the room was actually dirty when we checked in! I wasn't going to make a huge deal about it....nothing my Clorox wipes couldn't handle. I was surprised to come back one night and find a bag of trash on the floor! I left mouse keeping a tip each day and sometimes we would come home to a towel animal, but most times not. That was a huge disappointment to my girls. Now to top it off, I left a necklace in the room.....I know exactly where......and I'm so sad about this! I've called and they say they'll look, but the reality is, I'm sure it's long gone.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #2304
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMom1969
Just home from 8 nights at Pop....3rd trip there and less than impressed this time. Seems like it's showing its age? Room smelled musty, bed was lumpy and the room was actually dirty when we checked in! I wasn't going to make a huge deal about it....nothing my Clorox wipes couldn't handle. I was surprised to come back one night and find a bag of trash on the floor! I left mouse keeping a tip each day and sometimes we would come home to a towel animal, but most times not. That was a huge disappointment to my girls. Now to top it off, I left a necklace in the room.....I know exactly where......and I'm so sad about this! I've called and they say they'll look, but the reality is, I'm sure it's long gone.
That is discouraging as we are headed there this November do you think you just hit a bad week? What bldg were you in?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #2305
bentopher
Mouseketeer

My mom wants to know if hot water is available.
She is very fussy with her tea and wants to bring her own tea bags.
Also, is honey available in little packages? or should we order some with are wegoshop groceries?

Thanks!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #2306
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
My mom wants to know if hot water is available.
She is very fussy with her tea and wants to bring her own tea bags.
Also, is honey available in little packages? or should we order some with are wegoshop groceries?

Thanks!
I bring my own tea bags, too. There is hot water at the beverage stations. Someone else asked the question about the honey back on page 148; the question and answer are below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwife View Post
Do they have honey at the drink station or anywhere in the food court?
I need it for my hot tea. I can't stand Disney coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYsince71 View Post
Yep,,,they have honey packets!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #2307
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I bring my own tea bags, too. There is hot water at the beverage stations. Someone else asked the question about the honey back on page 148; the question and answer are below.
Thank you!!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #2308
MamaSammy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMom1969 View Post
Oh no, that is not good! We have stayed once at POP and had a great experience. I really hope we do come across what you all experienced when we go there in July.

1999 MK Spring Break
2005 Shades of Green
2006 Poly
2010 Pop Century
2011 All Star Music
2013 Pop Century
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #2309
MamaSammy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emefoe823 View Post
Last time we where at POP we stayed at the 80's building. Even though this building is technically furthest away from the main building, there is a short cut to the buses and dinning which was really fast for us, a three minute walk from the rubric cube! There is also the computer pool in front of the 80's building.

1999 MK Spring Break
2005 Shades of Green
2006 Poly
2010 Pop Century
2011 All Star Music
2013 Pop Century
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #2310
RNMom1969
Earning My Ears

We were in the 60's....4159 (if you stay there, look for my necklace? Lol). The view was beautiful, right at the lake. I just get the impression that things are sliding. Hubby has loved it there, but after this trip, he says never again. He says time for vacation club?!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: