Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #2251
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYsince71 View Post

ONLY 33 Days!!(now 32!) Not Too Early to Pack...That is the Fun of the Trip,,,the planning is what makes the excitement build!!
I've never liked the "travel" part of the trip,,,flying gives me high anxiety!
I have to say though.....30 WDW trips from Chicago and counting, and all have been safe and secure....Don't focus on that part....Think of TyeDye Cheesecakes and the music that is EVERYWHERE...the little things that make WDW the precious memory that it is!!! Yay to checking off that list from the Dollar Store,,,you are practically there! Make sure to stop and watch a Movie on the Grass when you are back at the resort early enough,,,So Relaxing!!
Thank you!!! I've determined I definitely need the two suitcases this year for this trip! Lol so if 31 days out isn't exiting enough.... When I get back (may 22) I might get to go again 37 days later!!! Omg!!
Yup. My ex husband is taking the boys fur a summer holiday ( to PA... Lol) for 6 days and my gf wants to do a ladies/adult only trip!! Omg. My brain can't even process right now!!! Lol
Need to start number crunching and looking into discounts?!? for then. I have no clue what's available. Oh boy.... Breath...

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #2252
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

I always pay a bit more for non-stop. I really despise the entire take off process. Plus my youngest has issues with ears and ony one time down don't bother her but if we have to do it more than once she is in a lot of pain.
Yes, I have non stop flights. I wouldn't book anything else. First time on jet blue. I've heard good things! And yes. Take off is the worst. Go up, drop a little, go up, drop some more. OMG. *Shudder*

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #2253
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwyngdh View Post

We will be at Pop the 19th until the 28th? Anyone else going to be there then?
Yep, we will.

Probably won't be down until later in the afternoon on the 19th, then staying until evening of the 28th.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #2254
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Just booked and happy to be heading back soon

Another secret trip- Can't wait to see the look on DS' face!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #2255
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma
Just booked and happy to be heading back soon

Another secret trip- Can't wait to see the look on DS' face!
Great! I booked at pop for November and my kids don't know either!!! Can't wait to tell em so we can be excited together!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #2256
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
Yep, we will.

Probably won't be down until later in the afternoon on the 19th, then staying until evening of the 28th.
Cool! Our flight gets in at 9 (had to wait to go until after work) and we are leaving early afternoon on the 28th! I will be on the scooter ecorated with the green Mickeys--if you see me, say hello!!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #2257
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

We will be staying at Pop Aug. 18 - 31. It will be our first trip to Pop and we are very excited!

I have been studying the map and I am trying to figure out where I would like to make my room request. We want to be as close to the mug refill station as possible!

We are thinking about buildings 6, 10 (70's buildings) or 5 (60's building) and I forgot to add, we do have a preferred room booked.

So experienced Poppers.......which building do you think is closest to mug refill?
Thanks!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #2258
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Will be returning to Pop a week from today! Does anyone have a picture of the current refillable mug? If I'm staying close enough to the main building I'm thinking of going ahead and investing in one this trip and am wondering what they look like. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #2259
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Just booked 2 standard rooms for our family for this summer! This may be our last trip before our oldest goes off to college. After many trips of cramming us into 1 room, we finally broke down & conceded that we needed 2. (Especially with teens!)

My only requests would be connecting rooms, & lakeview.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Doubletree DTD/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #2260
Pembo
OH-IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Hi all!

We will be staying at Pop Aug. 18 - 31. It will be our first trip to Pop and we are very excited!

I have been studying the map and I am trying to figure out where I would like to make my room request. We want to be as close to the mug refill station as possible!

We are thinking about buildings 6, 10 (70's buildings) or 5 (60's building) and I forgot to add, we do have a preferred room booked.

So experienced Poppers.......which building do you think is closest to mug refill?
Thanks!!!!
Just wanted to say that we were in the 50's section and it isn't the closest to the main bldg, but we found the resort to be easy to get around and not that spread out. From our room, facing the lake, it was a quick 2 min walk to the mug refills.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #2261
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwyngdh View Post
Cool! Our flight gets in at 9 (had to wait to go until after work) and we are leaving early afternoon on the 28th! I will be on the scooter ecorated with the green Mickeys--if you see me, say hello!!
I absolutely will!! I wish I would have thought to decorate the scooter I rented last time! That is a cute idea. This time I'll be on foot so can't steal the idea.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #2262
Timsierramist
Earning My Ears

Lets say I want some coffee for breakfast I'm my refillable mug, the I want to take some soda to go. Is there a way to wash it out some place? After a week of getting various drinks, it would start to get a little dirty, would it not?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #2263
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsierramist View Post
Lets say I want some coffee for breakfast I'm my refillable mug, the I want to take some soda to go. Is there a way to wash it out some place? After a week of getting various drinks, it would start to get a little dirty, would it not?
There are mug wash stations in the food court. It is really just a place to rinse them, though. A good tip is to put dish soap on a sponge. Let it dry completely, and then cut it up into squares. Take the squares with you on your trip so you can wash your mugs daily. Getting the sponge wet will reactivate the soap.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #2264
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
Will be returning to Pop a week from today! Does anyone have a picture of the current refillable mug? If I'm staying close enough to the main building I'm thinking of going ahead and investing in one this trip and am wondering what they look like. Thanks for any help.
The mugs have been the same for more than 2 years. There are lots of pictures of them on the official mug thread. Here's a post with a picture of the mugs, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1840.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #2265
lulubel88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The mugs have been the same for more than 2 years. There are lots of pictures of them on the official mug thread. Here's a post with a picture of the mugs, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1840.
Thanks a bunch for the link. Was hoping they had been changed.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: