Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #2086
Robin K
DIS Veteran
 
Robin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 682

We are at 51 days til our first stay at POP!
We requested 50's or 70's since it's mom and I and those are our birth decades.
We have been to Disney before just never in May.
I am so excited...staying at a different resort, a different time of year, different decorations....
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #2087
Jacoby 46
Run Disney in November!
 
Jacoby 46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 493

We are at 12 days!!! I am so excited!! I can't wait to leave!!
__________________
Jacoby 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #2088
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer
 
Goofysrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 100

46 days and counting!!!
It's been 4 years since our last visit and we can hardly wait!
Does anyone know if there are dressing rooms by the pools or is it restrooms only.
Thanks
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #2089
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I agree. We've stayed at Pop about 6 times and always a standard view. I love to get a lake view room on the first floor. Quiet and I don't mind a 5-7 minute walk. Save the money for a nice dinner and souvenirs.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We love having a lake view. Shhhhh - don't tell anybody. They will start charging us more to have it. LOL
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #2090
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus
46 days and counting!!!
It's been 4 years since our last visit and we can hardly wait!
Does anyone know if there are dressing rooms by the pools or is it restrooms only.
Thanks
Yes, IIRC, they have changing areas, and I know they have storage lockers for your belongings too. Or you can always check your bags witth luggage assistance/bell services.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #2091
backpacktwang
Mouseketeer
 
backpacktwang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 170

At Pop now and so impressed! The bus service is outstanding! We hurried out after Wishes last night and caught a very uncrowded bus back with no wait. Rooms are clean and the beds are not as hard as I read. The bartenders at the pool bar are awesome and the CMs have all been extra wonderful, helping us with anything we needed. Love love love it and I would highly recommend it!!!
__________________
backpacktwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #2092
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,441

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacktwang View Post
At Pop now and so impressed! The bus service is outstanding! We hurried out after Wishes last night and caught a very uncrowded bus back with no wait. Rooms are clean and the beds are not as hard as I read. The bartenders at the pool bar are awesome and the CMs have all been extra wonderful, helping us with anything we needed. Love love love it and I would highly recommend it!!!
Glad you are enjoying it.
__________________


2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #2093
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
We love having a lake view. Shhhhh - don't tell anybody. They will start charging us more to have it. LOL
That is so true! When we share our hints, I often wonder if we are going to spoil thing down the line. However, the DisBoards community is a relatively small portion of the entire WDW going world, so I think we'll be okay.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #2094
Marla1106
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 114

I can't wait to be back at Pop. End of May seems so far away. It's spring break here in TN and it's snowing. We never get snow... but now on Spring break we do. Lame. I'm ready for the 90 degree heat!
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #2095
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 101

Hi Guys,

Planning on my trip for August 2013 but have a question.

Currently our group is DW and myself, DD 8 & DD 2 (at time of trip) ....

Does our DD 2 count as a person for the room? (I know she doesnt need tix, etc) reason, we wanted to bring along my mother in law and figured it would not be a huge fee increase just the +10.00 per night for extra adult, and additonal tickets, but can i still reserver a standard room meant for 4 people?

or do i know have to do a suite for 6 people?
n3rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #2096
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rf View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning on my trip for August 2013 but have a question.

Currently our group is DW and myself, DD 8 & DD 2 (at time of trip) ....

Does our DD 2 count as a person for the room? (I know she doesnt need tix, etc) reason, we wanted to bring along my mother in law and figured it would not be a huge fee increase just the +10.00 per night for extra adult, and additonal tickets, but can i still reserver a standard room meant for 4 people?

or do i know have to do a suite for 6 people?
You should be able to book a standard room at Pop Century for this party. Your 2 year old can sleep in a pack n play.

Interestingly, the Disney web site may not let you book online with this party size -- one method (the new booking interface) won't, another (via https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/) will.

Or you can call.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #2097
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
You should be able to book a standard room at Pop Century for this party. Your 2 year old can sleep in a pack n play.

Interestingly, the Disney web site may not let you book online with this party size -- one method (the new booking interface) won't, another (via https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/) will.

Or you can call.
oh excellent, I did try the website reason for the question...thanks for the url will try that way or call....DW really wanted my mother in law to join us and I didn't want ot have to book another room or suite for a extra person
n3rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #2098
joanzie72
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacktwang View Post
Rooms are clean and the beds are not as hard as I read.
But are they still hard? Do you know if they have egg crates or whatever you call them to put on top of the beds? Trying to convince DH to switch back to our original plan and save a couple $$. lol
__________________
The Fantabulous momma
Crazy husband
Compassionate DS (9)
The comical DS (6)

joanzie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #2099
backpacktwang
Mouseketeer
 
backpacktwang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 170

I didn't think they were hard at all, but I like a firmer mattress. I love the beds. No egg crate things that I know of.
__________________
backpacktwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #2100
Christine9125
DIS Veteran
 
Christine9125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,535

We are at our 180 day mark until we go back to POP, dining reservations made, Flights Made, now what is left besides sit here and go crazy?
__________________

1999-ASMo, 2002-ASMo, 2004-WL, 2008-POP, 2011-BC CL, 2013-POP, 2015-BC
Christine9125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: