Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #2071
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Currently booked for preferred for our July trip but wondering about switching to standard...My question is: is it really "worth" it to pay for preferred? ...Also, we prefer ground floor rooms but wondering about the noise from above. Don't expect silence, but also don't want to feel like our upstairs neighbors are coming thru the ceiling!
Adding to the great advice above...another opinion that paying for preferred is not worth it.

If you get your requests you could be just steps away from a preferred location.

I like ground floor rooms and I've had them three times out of four at Pop. I've not experienced noise from above.

My favorite request has been building 1 50's ground floor. You won't get a lake view from that side, but you will be close to a pool, Classic Hall, and a little shortcut around the luggage area to get to the buses.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #2072
SC3Mouseketeers
Dream May 11, Fantasy Sept 12

Quick question... We will be at Pop in under 2 weeks for the first time. We booked through orbitz bc it was cheaper (about $70 per night) Should I call before our arrival to request a ground floor room near the bus drop or take my chances at check -in? Is there a particular era building o should request? TIA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #2073
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC3Mouseketeers
Quick question... We will be at Pop in under 2 weeks for the first time. We booked through orbitz bc it was cheaper (about $70 per night) Should I call before our arrival to request a ground floor room near the bus drop or take my chances at check -in? Is there a particular era building o should request? TIA!
Wow, bargain! My booking for May is $90/night and that's the AP rate!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 03-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #2074
seadd67
DIS Veteran

So I have a strange request, so I am doing my first solo trip this Oct. I would like the noisest part of POP!, i know, i know what??. Ya i love the sound of laughter and people talking and genreal noise,told you it was weired!. So any suggestons???. The Shadow boxs in the lobby, one my fav things to look at POP, I am even trying to build one at home for a Space GI joe and space craft, my wife thinks I am going through mid life crises. So the pool side Bar, like I said i am going to be by my self, how Is it for social deprived guys?, oh that do not drink?. Do they get a lot of people around that like to chit chat??. Ok the pain is over, if any one could chime In that would be awsome
Old 03-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #2075
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67
So I have a strange request, so I am doing my first solo trip this Oct. I would like the noisest part of POP!, i know, i know what??. Ya i love the sound of laughter and people talking and genreal noise,told you it was weired!. So any suggestons???. The Shadow boxs in the lobby, one my fav things to look at POP, I am even trying to build one at home for a Space GI joe and space craft, my wife thinks I am going through mid life crises. So the pool side Bar, like I said i am going to be by my self, how Is it for social deprived guys?, oh that do not drink?. Do they get a lot of people around that like to chit chat??. Ok the pain is over, if any one could chime In that would be awsome
I would say preferred pool view IMO is by far the noisiest but also the priciest. It gets a lot of foot traffic because of it being by the main pool. Can't say much for the solo company because I don't hang at Petals so I don't know... Good Luck!!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #2076
seadd67
DIS Veteran

thanks well I do not want to pay extra for the noise(i go to sleep with the WDW promo gal screaming at me LOL,so all else fails, i can get the reg raate and turn on the tv. Thanks
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #2077
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
Hey, I'll be solo at Pop in October too - see ya at the pool bar!

I guess I'm weird too, I love the noise. I'm not usually at the resort during the day anyway, but all my memories of being there as a kid involves laughing and screaming from the pool down below, and just that happy "yay everyone's on vacation!!" feel
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #2078
SC3Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

Oh sorry! I meant that it was roughly $70 per night cheaper than the WDW published rate!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #2079
Missymouse18
Mousketeer

So excited!!!!! We are staying at PoP this year and I can hardly wait. wish we had booked an extra day just so DH and I could do a lengthy walk through of the grounds. Looking forward to it and hoping for sunshine (last year it rained every day but one during our WDW vacation)!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #2080
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I am going for a standard room, I want the mouse to chose, every time I try to make a choice, its always like this Is not what I wanted LOL, so I let the mouse chose,he never lets me down. Ya I am not at the resort during the day, and I can never just come back to the room and go to bed(as I know I should, so I thought of the pools and the pool side bar. I do not drink for say, but i could sip on a beer, or drink for a long time. I Love, Love to talk, i think that part of what I love WDW so much(ok, its like one of billions of things at WDW) you can strike up conversations with strangers,where at home they would not dare talk to the person next to you. At WDW your in line for a ride, at the resort and people will go out of there way to chit chat.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #2081
SC3Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

Oh sorry! I meant that it was roughly $70 per night cheaper than the WDW published rate!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #2082
saluki2002
Earning My Ears

We are heading to the World on May 1 but check in on the 3rd and staying till the 10th. This will be our first time at Pop.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #2083
jamalana
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I've been doing alot of reading here for the past week. Thanks to all of you have posted such great information and tips This is a big trip for my family, so all the information I've gathered here on disboards is greatly appreciated. We'll be at POP from May 17th - 27th.

Our DS is 4 years old, and at the end of a long and hectic day at the parks, we'd like a nice, quiet room for him to settle down into, but we'd also like a nice lakeview to enjoy in the morning before heading out or during a midday break. I think I'm going to request a lakeside, upper level room but can't decide on which building to ask for. Maybe 60's or 70's? We'll also likely have a rental car, so 80's might be an option. Is the lakeside view from the 80's nice as well?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #2084
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalana View Post
Hi everyone! I've been doing alot of reading here for the past week. Thanks to all of you have posted such great information and tips This is a big trip for my family, so all the information I've gathered here on disboards is greatly appreciated. We'll be at POP from May 17th - 27th.

Our DS is 4 years old, and at the end of a long and hectic day at the parks, we'd like a nice, quiet room for him to settle down into, but we'd also like a nice lakeview to enjoy in the morning before heading out or during a midday break. I think I'm going to request a lakeside, upper level room but can't decide on which building to ask for. Maybe 60's or 70's? We'll also likely have a rental car, so 80's might be an option. Is the lakeside view from the 80's nice as well?

Thanks for any advice!
One year we stayed 4th floor lakeview in the 50's building 2 (I think that is the Jukebox building). We had a car and the parking was so close. My husband loved it! We could also stand out on the walkway by our door, look right and see the fireworks from EP and I'm pretty sure I saw the fireworks from MK too.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #2085
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

two yrs ago i went solo didnt really care what building but i asked for 60's first floor seen as how my birth yr was 66 lol i ended up literally next to Tramp! I loved it pool was outside door not in view though clsoe to everything and loved seeing Tramp every night on my way "home".
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: