Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #1831
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #1832
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

thanks Goofy! Not too bad of a markup... 1/2 gallon for the same cost as a gallon would be here! LOL! I was expecting to hear it was around $5 or $6!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1833
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad
thanks Goofy! Not too bad of a markup... 1/2 gallon for the same cost as a gallon would be here! LOL! I was expecting to hear it was around $5 or $6!
Haha I hear that ! If you have a car walmart is very close but a gallon still wont fit to good !
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1834
DianaPrincessofWales
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the replies. A fridge that doesn't really keep things cold?? I'll have to check on my fridge contents but that is odd. I 'll report back.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1835
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrn1

I checked out 2/28. I did have a printout on my door, and I also had an email waiting when I got home.
Thanks. I will try to call to see if it can be re-created.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #1836
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaPrincessofWales
Thanks so much for the replies. A fridge that doesn't really keep things cold?? I'll have to check on my fridge contents but that is odd. I 'll report back.
I thought it was ridiculous as well, but that is what I was told. It was turned to max & we changed plugs to see if that would make a difference. It didn't, but they did bring us one of the "older" models that we used to rent that did function as a refrigerator.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #1837
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

Talking So sad that it's over......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbunny View Post
Just arrived this morning and am having a great time. Flew in this morning. Was on the bus to the hotel with no line. Bus only had two other couples on it. Did online check in, so the packet at the hotel was done. Got our room, changed clothes, and off we went to Hollywood Studios. We were in the park by 1045a.

We are having the best time. This being a combo Anniversary/Valentines Day gift is the best. LOVE IT!

We returned from our trip Sunday. It was such a bitter sweet time. I was sad to leave. As much as I looked forward to seeing my yorkie again, I wanted to enjoy the time some more. The weather was a bit cooler towards to end but it's Florida. It was better then Jersey. So now I have my pics to remember the trip. Now looking forward to September's trip.

9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family

Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #1838
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone!

Barring any flight delays I should be at POP by 11am tomorrow (Weds) !

So excited for my trip!
I'm going to be decorating my door and window.
If anyone is there and finds my room please say Hi!

Going to request a 1st floor in Building 1 or 10.
I know it's not guaranteed by going to ask anyway.

I packed last night after work.
I have alot of running around to do today.
Can't wait to get there

See you tomorrow POP!

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #1839
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Selecting a room/location

My son is a light sleeper. Would like a quiet but preferred room. Is that even possible? lol Love the 60's
The comical DS (6)

Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #1840
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Thnaks for the nice review.
sorry seen your trip countdown, i have not seen advertisement for free dining, we are going the first week in Oct and was hopeing for free dinning
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #1841
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanzie72 View Post
My son is a light sleeper. Would like a quiet but preferred room. Is that even possible? lol Love the 60's
Well we are talking about POP here...

Love the 60s as well. Yes it is possible for a quiet room! The preferred areas in the 60s do not face the main pool which will help with not having the pool noise. Request an upper floor as those are generally quieter. We like the 4th floor for that.. also, we have had the end rooms, and they are very quiet.

The other preferred areas include the 50s and 70s which also offer nice room locations.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #1842
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbunny View Post
We returned from our trip Sunday. It was such a bitter sweet time. I was sad to leave. As much as I looked forward to seeing my yorkie again, I wanted to enjoy the time some more. The weather was a bit cooler towards to end but it's Florida. It was better then Jersey. So now I have my pics to remember the trip. Now looking forward to September's trip.
Welcome back! Yes, we know the same Disney blues when the trip is at the end. Go thru your pix (hey you can share some here..) and get into planning mode for Sept..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post
Hey everyone!

Barring any flight delays I should be at POP by 11am tomorrow (Weds) !

So excited for my trip!
I'm going to be decorating my door and window.
If anyone is there and finds my room please say Hi!

Going to request a 1st floor in Building 1 or 10.
I know it's not guaranteed by going to ask anyway.

I packed last night after work.
I have alot of running around to do today.
Can't wait to get there

See you tomorrow POP!
Have a wonderful trip!! Hoping you get all your room requests. Take plenty of pix - would love to see your decorations. Safe travels to you!

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #1843
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
After many changes to our plans(i can start a thread just on my changes from where and when and how many trips we where going to do in 2013) I am so happy that we are going back to POP for the 6th time. We took 2012 off from WDW with a trip to DL and MNSSHP,but where back!!
Thanks for "popping" back here with news of a trip back to the world! Sure that your DL trip was amazing, one day hope to experience it myself. And know all about the changes that go along with planning a trip to Disney ... there is a thread here on the DIS for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
Just booked another wonderful trip.... Just love traveling solo and most of all the Pop Century.One week, 5 day park pass, hoping for FREE QS
Nice to "see" you back here! As it seems you are going back in the second full week of December, historically it is usually available around that time... Guess we will see all have to wait to see what happens with summer discounts and if FD is included (and if FD is offered at the values). It might be indicative of what we will may expect for the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Just back from a great trip to PoP! The CM's were so friendly - some of the best, I think. Our room was clean, and at check-in, the cm went out of her way to meet my request AND get us an available room. We checked in at about 11 a.m., and I wasn't expecting our room to be available. But we were so tired from an early flight. I asked if our room was ready, and she felt so sorry for us that she found us a different room (but in the same requested section) that was ready. It was such a great start to a wonderful stay!

I also noticed that the cm's in the food court were friendly and patient despite some rude guests. Some of the cms were a little slow and sort of unconcerned at the food stations, but I they were nice .

I also thought the cms in the gift shop and at bell services were particularly Disney-like. I love the moderates, but I can tell you, these cms were amazing and overall very wonderful.
Welcome back! And thanks for the great review. Last summer our rooms were not ready and the CM worked to find us the 2 rooms we needed (and connecting) as we were so tired from traveling on a train for 20+ hour... In the same bldg too.. We also think the CMs at POP are terrific as well.

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #1844
KatMark
DIS Veteran

JanetB, you will be interested to know that we are staying at Pop for one night next month. Mark has a business trip and we get to play in Disney for a day. I didn't want to spend a lot of money since his company is paying for it and Pop was our cheapest option.

RIP Genie
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #1845
penni520
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone as you can see I am going back to the Pop again this December. I am so excited since the last time I was there was the summer on 2010.
I understand about some of the new stuff...Can anyone tell me about anything else is new. Like the buses do they share with AOA? Is the new TV and stand smaller then the big intertaiment center (misspelled) I will be in a wheel chair and when I was there last time the table and chairs was a problem for me every night to plug up the scooter. Do you think I should put in a request to remove the table and 2 chairs.

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: