Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #1516
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY

I do. Every time I ask for the 60's section. They try to tell me the 60's is all preferred. So now I just ask for a building number when I call in my request.
That is absolutely NOT true!!! The 60's section towards the back facing the lake nearest GG bridge is considered standard. So whoever is telling you that does NOT know what they are talking about!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #1517
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by knik View Post
Nuts.

Thanks for the quick reply though!
You could try asking if you could access the kid pool at A of A across the bridge - not sure if it will be allowed or not, but no harm in asking!

We're bummed as well - the kids pool was one reason we booked pop for our toddler...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #1518
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Want the marsthons and cheer groupes be gone by the 25
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #1519
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

Its been a few years since our last stay at Pop! But, its still our fave onsite option. Last year we stayed at CBR and although we liked the pool, we did not care for the resort at all. It was huge and confusing to get around.

We just booked this week for mid april and are super excited!

Can anyone tell me what happened to the pop up Goofy Jets? Why did they get rid of them? Just curious!

Thanks!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #1520
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevine10 View Post
Its been a few years since our last stay at Pop! But, its still our fave onsite option. Last year we stayed at CBR and although we liked the pool, we did not care for the resort at all. It was huge and confusing to get around.

We just booked this week for mid april and are super excited!

Can anyone tell me what happened to the pop up Goofy Jets? Why did they get rid of them? Just curious!

Thanks!
I don't think an official reason was given for closing the jets but they were broken more than they worked the last couple of years of their existence. I think the maintenance cost was too high.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #1521
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

just returned wed from a week long trip to pop. we enjoyed it, had two rooms with the babe so she could get sleep at night away from the big kids. we did have an agentina cheer group there- fifteens they were called. we didnt hear them at the resort but were at the back of the 80/s building. we did run into them in several parks however and while that wasnt too bad, having them literally up my butt at bag check at epcot was a bit much. honest i could not move if i needed to.

disney handled the crowds well tho and put huge motor coachs on to transport the extra ppl sunday and monday nights. monday night we, an aussie cm and one other couple were the only ones on it going to pop. didnt need to collapse the stroller but instead he left it up and put it underneath.

weather was beautiful, we had fun and came home burnt and tired. a sign of a great vacay. only real issue? someone with my first and maiden name checked in around the same day and they thought it was me when i did online checkin- so that was literally a bust for us this time. they said amber, blah with one room no one else, stying 5 nights. um no, 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 rooms and 7 nights. oy! i always knew i was a trouble maker. lol

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #1522
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
That is absolutely NOT true!!! The 60's section towards the back facing the lake nearest GG bridge is considered standard. So whoever is telling you that does NOT know what they are talking about!!
I think I know that. Just most of the cm's don't. That was my point of asking for a certain building vs section. Because all the cm's don't really know.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1523
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think I know that. Just most of the cm's don't. That was my point of asking for a certain building vs section. Because all the cm's don't really know.
Oops!! Sorry! My Bad!!
They really should KNOW their resorts!! SMH & RME!!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #1524
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I haven't stayed at POP in years. We arrive in two weeks (DS 11 and I) and I'm starting to get nervous about the groups. Anyone know when they'll be gone?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #1525
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
can you request a certain building or just a section???
It never hurts to send in all of your requests...Start with the most important...and filter down.....They ALWAYS try to accommodate if they can..I was lucky enough to get the room I asked for ...But always send a note of thanks to the person who arranged it.....Cheers go far..jeers drop flat...Enjoy!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #1526
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Oops!! Sorry! My Bad!!
They really should KNOW their resorts!! SMH & RME!!
I got 2 different cm's 2 different years that were completely not going to put the 60's section on my reservation. Because they thought the entire 60's section was preferred. Which we all know it isn't . But instead of the hassle now I just give building 4 or 5 facing the lake.

well everyone after my SW air heart attack this week. Meaning I had to get over sticker shock. We moved our BB dates to 8/19 to 9/2. We paid 1200.00 for air and our original dates was around 1450.00. So wasn"t a big deal to push our trip up a day to save 250.00. We don't lose any days. Just the fact that we have 2 days off before we leave.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #1527
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I got 2 different cm's 2 different years that were completely not going to put the 60's section on my reservation. Because they thought the entire 60's section was preferred. Which we all know it isn't . But instead of the hassle now I just give building 4 or 5 facing the lake.

well everyone after my SW air heart attack this week. Meaning I had to get over sticker shock. We moved our BB dates to 8/19 to 9/2. We paid 1200.00 for air and our original dates was around 1450.00. So wasn"t a big deal to push our trip up a day to save 250.00. We don't lose any days. Just the fact that we have 2 days off before we leave.
Kinda cracks me up when "we guests" know more about the resort than the CMs!!! ROFLOL! I just left POP 17 days ago...was there for 12 days...and in 5 weeks I'm checking back into POP again for another 6 days. This will put my total night count at at least 95 nights there. This March trip was unplanned, but DD is doing the Disney CP and is homesick. She got me a GREAT rate on the room so I'm headed down for a visit.By June, I'll be at over 100 nights. Not that it can't happen but I've never had a problem with a tour group at the hotel, btw....
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #1528
jbugeye22
Earning My Ears

Thanks to this thread I have just officially booked our families first say at POP Century. Thank you all for being so informative about this place. My 2 DDs and I are taking a girls only trip for spring break. I am so excited thanks to all of you!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #1529
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Hello all! This thread is wonderful!
I booked a stay at POP for 4/29-5/3 thinking it would be just 3 yo DS and me, but now my parents might come along (in a second room). They are on the older side and my dad can be a little... persnickety about noise.
Are my dates likely to have lots of boisterous tour groups? Are there any quiet spots at the resort to sit and relax, if one day my dad would rather stay at the resort while we go to a park? It's fine if the quiet spots require a long walk, including to AoA, but do they even exist?
We could do POR instead (which seems like it has quiet spots), but I think DS would *love* the POP and AoA theming, and the food court and bus service both seem more promising at POP.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #1530
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78 View Post
Hello all! This thread is wonderful!
I booked a stay at POP for 4/29-5/3 thinking it would be just 3 yo DS and me, but now my parents might come along (in a second room). They are on the older side and my dad can be a little... persnickety about noise.
Are my dates likely to have lots of boisterous tour groups? Are there any quiet spots at the resort to sit and relax, if one day my dad would rather stay at the resort while we go to a park? It's fine if the quiet spots require a long walk, including to AoA, but do they even exist?
We could do POR instead (which seems like it has quiet spots), but I think DS would *love* the POP and AoA theming, and the food court and bus service both seem more promising at POP.
Without a doubt, POR is much more peaceful and a better pick for dad...You are right, your DS will love POP...but will get so much to see all day long at the parks that the resort will just be a place to sleep at the end of the day!True POP is more child friendly...but,,,your dad would much rather stay at POR....The bus is great at POP...with no other stops, but if it comes down to where you would be more comfy POR is the answer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: