Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #16
low-key
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Merteuil View Post
Yes, I remember a lot of stuff that nobody else would remember (or probably care about) from many years ago.

Nothing really too significant: days at school, parties, going places, conversations etc...

well whats your theory as to why these irrelevant things stick with us a life time
Old 09-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #17
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

One really clear memory I have was sometime between the ages of 6 and 9. I was sleeping and my left foot was hanging over the side of my bed. Something grabbed my ankle. I pulled my leg away really fast and lay there, scared out of mind and afraid to breathe, afraid to make any noise. For the rest of the night I laid on my back with my arms at my sides and my legs straight out. I wanted my mom, but I was afraid to get out of bed. The next day I told my parents and they insisted it was a dream, but it wasn't. Something did grab me! I can still feel the fingers around my ankle 30 years later. It only happened once, but it really did happen! To this day, I can't hang any body part over the side of the bed. LOL

One that doesn't make a lot of sense why I remember is being at my aunt's house with her new husband when I was about 5 and it was really smokey. I was coughing a lot and was really congested. That night I heard my parents talking and my mom kept saying something about weeds and my uncle smoking them. I didn't understand why he was smoking weeds that you pull. LOL. Took me a while to figure out that he was smoking a totally different kind of weed!

Last edited by brookmey; 09-30-2012 at 12:04 AM.
brookmey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #18
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

When I was about 3 (maybe before then?) we went to a big community rummage sale, and I got my favorite stuffed animal in the world, Kitty. Bet you'll never guess what animal she was

Anyways, I can vividly remember using the cart my mom was pushing to climb up and reach a basket that had a bunch of tools and wires in it, and digging through until I found a ratty old toy, covered in dust and grease. It was one of those cats with little bodies, but huge heads filled with things that rattled so it would "purr." I can remember up until I asked my mom if I could have it like I was there again. The rest I can only remember sparingly, like begging her to let me have it even though it was a mess.

I still have Kitty. It was one of those things I just couldn't donate because I have too many memories of it.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #19
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

I really have no idea, it is very strange what we remember. Maybe it is the feelings attached to the situations at the moment.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #20
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

Doorbell ditching with my friends when I was in grade school.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #21
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I can remember things from a long time ago better than I can remember recent things. People think it's weird because I can clearly remember things from when I was a baby/toddler. Things like wearing a diaper and getting changed and being in a crib and I remember when my baby sister came home from the hospital when I was 2 and I remember when she was a baby and being really jealous of her. Various things like pinching her or just playing rough with her. Then there are the memories that really stick out like when I was probably 4 and my Mom made a Dunkin Hines banana walnut snack cake and left it on the kitchen counter and I got out of bed during the night and ate most of it and had the worst belly ache.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

I remember a lot of things.

One trip we went to California. I think it was 1978 (Elvis died when we were on that trip so I may not have the correct year). I was 6 going on 7 (October birthday). We were at our hotel in the LA area & I want to say it was on the Pacific as well.

The hotel had a dolphin tank & it had a small bridge you can walk over. I am thinking it was a figure 8 design & not very big. Well there was a candy store on the hotel property & my parents let me get tic tacs. I dropped one in the water of the dolphin tank (hey I was 6 & what did I know).

They cleaned the tank after that-not sure if it was the next day or hours later but there was my tic tac still in the dolphin pool. It was only white.

That same trip & same hotel I met a girl in the pool & she told me that if your 2nd toe is longer then your first you will be a princess so the two of us were trying to stretch our toes.

In 1975, we went to WDW for the first time. I was 3 1/2. I remember sitting in our room watching the fireworks from the current Concierge building at the Poly. My sisters & dad & cousin & his dd were at the MK going on rides while my cousin & I & our moms were in the room. And I remember being in the small rental station wagon going off Disney property & at a light giving people behind us the peace symbol & they gave it back to us.

I can go on...this one time at band camp...OK I didn't go to band camp but I have stored lots of childhood memories in my almost 41 year old brain.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: