DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Help! The in-laws booked a flight to Sanford Int!

We've been planning our first DVC trip and have invited the in-laws along. Of course something HAD to go awry and they booked their flights to Sanford Int instead of MCO YIKES! I told them they would be picked up by Magical Express but it looks like that won't be happening since they booked the wrong airport.

Renting a car is not an option for us. My DH + kids are flying into MCO earlier in the day and the in-laws are now flying into Sanford at 10pm.

Does anyone know of any other options to get to the Beach Club Villas? Rental cars are out. I found Orlando Chauffeured Services, they offered me a quote of $199 for a return trip by town car. Does anyone have any experience with flying into Sanford?

According to google maps it is an hour away, but I'm hoping that if they have private transportation that won't make much of a difference compared to MCO since they won't have to wait for the ME and any stops that might be on the way to BCV.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Happy Limo is about $101/one way or $193/round trip between Sanford and the Disney Resorts by Town Car.

http://www.happylimo.com/orlando_limousine_rates.html

http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com...mo_shuttle.asp
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks! I will check those out too.

I have also found Tiffany Town car... their roundtrip is $109 - sounds great and much cheaper, but I'm wondering where the $90 difference lies compared to the other companies.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Oh nevermind. I was looking at the MCO rate.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
disneygal55
DIS Veteran

Has anyone tried calling the airline to explain what happened? Can the flights be switched to MCO?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Called the airline and all they can do is offer a refund in the form of a voucher. They booked with Allegiant so they only fly into Sanford.

We have purchased the DVC trip insurance, but I'm guessing this won't be covered...
Old 09-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

We have flown into Sanford many, many times. We always use Tiffany Towncar. Even when we fly into MCO. We like the grocery stop with TTC and they've always been good.

Sanford is a nice, easy airport to maneuver through. It is much, much smaller than MCO.

We have found that it takes about 45 minutes to land and get to WDW (not counting grocery stop). I think you are right...smaller airport equals about he same time frame.

I hate the addition of the cost to the airfare but DH will not rent a car and I'm certainly not driving to WDW, lol. So, when we fly into Sanford, we pay the high price to get from point A to point B.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfulMama09 View Post
We've been planning our first DVC trip and have invited the in-laws along. Of course something HAD to go awry and they booked their flights to Sanford Int instead of MCO YIKES! I told them they would be picked up by Magical Express but it looks like that won't be happening since they booked the wrong airport.

Renting a car is not an option for us. My DH + kids are flying into MCO earlier in the day and the in-laws are now flying into Sanford at 10pm.

Does anyone know of any other options to get to the Beach Club Villas? Rental cars are out. I found Orlando Chauffeured Services, they offered me a quote of $199 for a return trip by town car. Does anyone have any experience with flying into Sanford?

According to google maps it is an hour away, but I'm hoping that if they have private transportation that won't make much of a difference compared to MCO since they won't have to wait for the ME and any stops that might be on the way to BCV.
I know you said renting a car was not an option but I'd recommend you reconsider it even if part of the group uses ME. You should likely be able to get a car for around the price or just over what you're looking at for a town car and have more flexibility during the week including grocery stops. Just a thought.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the help... I think we will go with a town car - and next time I will book their flights!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

We always used Tiffany. We have never had any problems.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: