Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #16
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
DCL no longer makes price adjustments if a lower price is available AFTER the penalty date. If the new rate is released one day before the penalty date, you can get an adjustment.

There are exceptions--for instance, if a FL resident rate becomes available, guests are allowed to move to this rate.
Okay, good to know for future reference! Thanks for the info

I booked the cruise (12/8/15 Fantasy) less than 60 days out, so no chance that I will get any kind of price adjustment then. The rate I booked (IGT) went away right after I booked, but the VGTs came out (but no regrets as I wanted to try an inside room this time as the boys have wanted to do an inside on the Fantasy/Dream for a while). Then the VGTs left, and the IGT came back (same rate). Then the VGTs were available yesterday, but as of today, no GT rates!! I'm glad I booked when I did!

Funny thing is, I did have a 5e GTY booked on this cruise for a long time, but cancelled it when I decided to go on the September Pixar cruise. Since then, taking into account our 10% discount, the 5e GTYs have gone up about $400. Then the IGT came out and I couldn't resist! I feel I got a FANTASTIC rate - $750 pp for a 7 day Fantasy cruise!. My only hope is that I get one of the bigger inside rooms - 169 sq ft sounds pretty small compared to what we're used to on DCL.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: