DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Advice for renting points at Grand Californian

Not sure which forum this belonged on...so please move if needed!

Looking for advice when it comes to renting points at the Grand Californian. Considering it is the only DVC resort for Disneyland and is rather small, compared to the number of rooms available in WDW, we've never been successful.

I should also add that we could go any time, as it is only a six hour drive away for us. Are we going to have to find someone who owns there and willing to rent and call for us at the exact 11 month mark?

DH and I would just like a studio. But I would take any type of room available, and fill it with friends/family as needed. As if asking them to come to DLR would be difficult...

We've rented before and really like the chance to stay in the DVC resorts - we'll buy someday, just not til we got kiddos running around

Thanks for your help!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Not sure which forum this belonged on...so please move if needed!

Looking for advice when it comes to renting points at the Grand Californian. Considering it is the only DVC resort for Disneyland and is rather small, compared to the number of rooms available in WDW, we've never been successful.

I should also add that we could go any time, as it is only a six hour drive away for us. Are we going to have to find someone who owns there and willing to rent and call for us at the exact 11 month mark?

DH and I would just like a studio. But I would take any type of room available, and fill it with friends/family as needed. As if asking them to come to DLR would be difficult...

We've rented before and really like the chance to stay in the DVC resorts - we'll buy someday, just not til we got kiddos running around

Thanks for your help!
I've been able to get it twice at exactly the 7 month mark (I don't own there). First week of May last year and this past week (just got home!).

We decided to stay an extra night because last night was the first Halloween party. VGC was already booked up when we tried 2 or 3 months ago, so we moved to Paradise Pier. It was very nice, we got a theme park view. You may want to look at a cash reservation there if you can't get VGC.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I've been able to get it twice at exactly the 7 month mark (I don't own there). First week of May last year and this past week (just got home!).

We decided to stay an extra night because last night was the first Halloween party. VGC was already booked up when we tried 2 or 3 months ago, so we moved to Paradise Pier. It was very nice, we got a theme park view. You may want to look at a cash reservation there if you can't get VGC.
Thanks for the help. Maybe we'll try for May for our Anniversary! DH keeps kidding that we're gonna stay there for New Years this year and I just - silly DH.

Thanks again!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: