Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Question Excalibur

I am planning a trip to Vegas for myself... and looking into the excalibur...
any good? ratings?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
bcla
DIS Veteran

Probably low end of hotels on The Strip. Maybe Riviera and Imperial Palace are considered lower end.

That doesn't mean it's horrible, but it's not trying to be a high end hotel. You might also get bombarded with people trying to get you to a timeshare presentation. My wife relented to get discounted tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show, and that's 5 hours of my life I'd like back.

We took the kid to the Tournament of Kings show in the basement. That was actually quite fun, especially since our kid likes horses.

Oh - we stayed at Paris. That's actually quite nice, although the rooms aren't huge or anything.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

We've stayed at Excalibur 4 times in the last 5 years and are really happy with it. We always stay in the widescreen room and find it huge, clean and the bed is fairly comfy. The prices can be crazy cheap at times and that's usually why I go back rather than the hotels at the other end of the strip.
BC Disney Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
low-key
DIS Veteran

never stayed therte but sure it nice, I might look at Flamingo, about the same price and you will be center strip
Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
southernsam
Mouseketeer

Stayed at Excalibur Easter 2012, family of 4, 7 nights, widescreen room $700, room large, clean, safe. Kids enjoyed Tournament of the Kings dinner show. Loved Las Vegas, hope to return one day - would stay at Excalibur again.

Last edited by southernsam; 02-09-2013 at 10:15 AM.
southernsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
hreshtag
Earning My Ears

Don't know if you've gone yet, but I just want to add that I have stayed at both, and the newer rooms (particularly the GO rooms) at Flamingo are FAR superior to Excalibur. Excalibur is a fuuuun hotel for kids (and hey, for me too), but Flamingo is much better for the average adult. Much cleaner as well, and you never get lost because it's not ginormous like MGM. The location is great too. We got rooms midweek for $49, and it was worth every penny. :D
hreshtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
danceanddisney2010
Mouseketeer

never stayed there but it doesn't look like anything special, not that it has to be fancy or anything. I would prefer to stay somewhere a little nicer for just a little more money, which I know can be done.

danceanddisney2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hreshtag View Post
Don't know if you've gone yet, but I just want to add that I have stayed at both, and the newer rooms (particularly the GO rooms) at Flamingo are FAR superior to Excalibur. Excalibur is a fuuuun hotel for kids (and hey, for me too), but Flamingo is much better for the average adult. Much cleaner as well, and you never get lost because it's not ginormous like MGM. The location is great too. We got rooms midweek for $49, and it was worth every penny. :D
I stayed the Flamingo last year.. My friend and I had an okay time. I would not stay there again. First we had a room location down a HUGE hall way and our view out of the window was of a construction zone demolition. The walk to the monorail was a real dozzy. lol. But the room itself was cozy. But other than that not too much good things to say about the Flamingo from me at least.

We didn't really see any Kid friendly area's other then the flamingos although we aren't kids per say... we might be kids at heart but not the age. lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: