Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Need suggestions...help

We've just begun to start pricing out some options for another "possible" vacation next August. We'd love to stay at another deluxe (BC would be our first preference and AKL our second) but I do have to stick to a budget this coming new year and I'm finding the prices to be significantly higher now that my oldest DD recently turned 18 ($496 more to be exact at the BC - ouch). I did find out that if we were to book a villa there is no price increase for the extra "adult", however, if I were to book a villa, I'm not sure I could or would want to spend the extra $$ for a 1 bedroom which would leave me with the option of a studio. As we were looking at options last night, both my girls voiced that they were not thrilled with sleeping on a sleeper sofa and actually commented they'd prefer to stay at a moderate instead (the price difference for the extra adult in a moderate was much more feasible). While I'm perfectly ok with a moderate, I'd just prefer a deluxe again BUT I'm not about to "break the bank" to do so...I just can't this time. DH doesn't care where we stay as long as we're going . Also, if it matters at all, we would shave a few days off the vacation to do a deluxe in order to make the numbers work vs. a longer stay in a moderate. Our moderate preferance would be CSR first and POR second - it would be nice to try something new but not everyone is sold on POR. So my questions: A. are the sleeper sofas that bad and is a studio even worth it vs. a regular room? and B. shorter stay in Deluxe or longer in moderate...WWYD? My girls are pushing for a longer stay, btw - you'd think this was our first vacation...lol. I'm really just making myself nuts at this point.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Personally, I would look into renting points for a 1bdrm vs staying at a moderate. We always opt for the longest possible trip and we go twice a year so I'm with your girls! LOL

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Personally, I would look into renting points for a 1bdrm vs staying at a moderate. We always opt for the longest possible trip and we go twice a year so I'm with your girls! LOL

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
I'm going to look into renting as well, but don't the 1 bedrms have the sleeper sofas as well? If so, are they comfortable? That was their biggest complaint and they were trying to convince DH & I that they would take the bed and we could have the sofa, which was pretty comical.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I am a DVC owner and my children are adults. They hate those sofa beds so much that now I book enough villas that everyone who is an adult gets a real bed. They have not tried them at every resort but they have tried them at most of the DVC resorts. I thought that maybe they were just spoiled but then....

Last year I did a girlfriend's trip to WDW. Since I'm the DVC member, I of course got the bed, my friend got the sleeper. Since I own at BCV that's where I booked. She and I are going for F&W again this year and she told me that if she had to sleep on that sleeper again, she'd pay for her own hotel room. So instead we are staying at BWI in a hotel room with 2 beds.

OP, the studios at OKW have 2 beds. These are the only DVC studios that do.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I am a DVC owner and my children are adults. They hate those sofa beds so much that now I book enough villas that everyone who is an adult gets a real bed. They have not tried them at every resort but they have tried them at most of the DVC resorts. I thought that maybe they were just spoiled but then....

Last year I did a girlfriend's trip to WDW. Since I'm the DVC member, I of course got the bed, my friend got the sleeper. Since I own at BCV that's where I booked. She and I are going for F&W again this year and she told me that if she had to sleep on that sleeper again, she'd pay for her own hotel room. So instead we are staying at BWI in a hotel room with 2 beds.

OP, the studios at OKW have 2 beds. These are the only DVC studios that do.
That's what I was afraid of... I would NEVER hear the end of it if the sofa bed was uncomfortable and there's nothing worse then two grumpy teenage girls . I'm glad to hear about OKW and the beds...I'll have to look at that option as well. I'm just nervous/concerned about renting points but so many folks have with no problems so I'm going to at least look into it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: