Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #106
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I totally agree about forcing your kids to ride something if they are not in complete meltdown and you know they'll like it. We did that a lot with my step-daughter when she was 10. There was a lot of things she didn't really want to ride that we forced her on and they ended up being her favorites (Mission Space, Rock N Roller Coaster). The only thing she absolutely did NOT want to try was Tower of Terror and we respected that... but next time we go she'll be a teen and this time we want her to try it again (she was 7 when she went on it and hated it).

What did you/your kids think of Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom? I love the Kim Possible (now Agent P) missions and was quite excited when I heard about Sorcerer, but I read mixed reviews...
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #107
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I totally agree about forcing your kids to ride something if they are not in complete meltdown and you know they'll like it. We did that a lot with my step-daughter when she was 10. There was a lot of things she didn't really want to ride that we forced her on and they ended up being her favorites (Mission Space, Rock N Roller Coaster). The only thing she absolutely did NOT want to try was Tower of Terror and we respected that... but next time we go she'll be a teen and this time we want her to try it again (she was 7 when she went on it and hated it).

What did you/your kids think of Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom? I love the Kim Possible (now Agent P) missions and was quite excited when I heard about Sorcerer, but I read mixed reviews...
Yep...and anything they went on last year they were going on again ( HM, Splash etc).. I would never force my kids on something I know they may not like.. Declan rode EE because he forced himself..not cus we did kwim?

My 10 year old loved to Sorcerer missions.. the other 2 not so much..they all loved Agent P..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #108
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Hey just found and read your trip reports. Yes I went back and read the older ones... Great reports.. Your kids are adorable.. Love how you tolerate being a passenger!!!!! Lol want to do that myself sometimes...
Can't wait for more!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #109
TriniandBre
Mouseketeer

Nooooooo......I finally got a chance to continue reading about your trip and I just caught up with your last post Now I'll have to wait until you post more updates but it's okay because I can't wait to read more. I have been lurking and reading this TR for two days because my little ones insisted on me going back and showing them every single photo all over again. I'll continue checking in to see updates of your wonderful adventure.

Oh and I loved the baby outfits, I'm glad your son pulled through the pain and continued on "without" a stroller, I can't wait to do the teacups (It's been on our to do list forever, lol) and your kids are awesome and I wish I could make a long drive like that without the complaining.

Next Trip October 2014 First Disney Cruise
Next Trip to the World December 2015

==========================
2003 – POR Nov...............2010 - OKW/SSR Dec
2005 – POR Sept/Oct........2011 - All Stars Music Dec
2006 - BWV May/June.......2013 - AKV/BWV Dec
2008 - AKV Jul/Aug...........
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #110
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB6876 View Post
Hey just found and read your trip reports. Yes I went back and read the older ones... Great reports.. Your kids are adorable.. Love how you tolerate being a passenger!!!!! Lol want to do that myself sometimes...
Can't wait for more!
thank you!! Yeah..The last 3 years of driving down was not fun for me..this year I learned the trick and it was much easier..LOL

Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #111
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniandBre View Post
Nooooooo......I finally got a chance to continue reading about your trip and I just caught up with your last post Now I'll have to wait until you post more updates but it's okay because I can't wait to read more. I have been lurking and reading this TR for two days because my little ones insisted on me going back and showing them every single photo all over again. I'll continue checking in to see updates of your wonderful adventure.

Oh and I loved the baby outfits, I'm glad your son pulled through the pain and continued on "without" a stroller, I can't wait to do the teacups (It's been on our to do list forever, lol) and your kids are awesome and I wish I could make a long drive like that without the complaining.
More coming now...it's bittersweet to be on the second half of the trip..almost don't want to write about it because it means it's going to end all over again!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #112
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Competitive pigs!

Saturday Sept 22 2012~

We took our time getting ready today..we had ressies for mid day so no rush. Somehow thought even no rush means we are ready fairly early. We are def early to move people and early nights.. at home and on vacation!

We head to the bus stop and run into the same family from Animal Kingdom..lol..we were at and thru Epcot by 9:37. Noah followed behind us and we met up with him at some point..lol

First up was Space Ship Earth..we got stopped for a good 5 minutes just as our pod was turning back forward facing...wonder if I will ever get through this or Haunted Mansion without a stop of some sort...lol

Now we did something we have never done..Innoventions:

The kids wanted to play this game so we split girls verses boys:

BTW the girls won..Declan blamed it on Taejan.. Declan and I are both super competitive..so there WILL be a rematch!

like my husband rocking that backpack..LMAO..He kept taking it from me all trip and I was like..dude..it's pink.. lol..but hey if he wants to carry it fine by me!

By now World Showcase was open and Declan wanted to do an Agent P mission:

It was off to Mexico!

We rode Grand Fiesta and then Noah met up with us because he needed a new back for one of his pins..LOL.. then he was off again and we were meeting up later for our meal.

I really could stay in Epcot all day..most days..Love this place!

Declan loves the Agent P Missions

Norway mission..

we , of course, rode Maelstrom..I really think they need a Tshirt that says "disappear disappear" with the trolls..cus I'd buy that!
Declan finished up that mission:

Taejan wanted to see the trains because last time we were near them it was pouring!

Up next...we meet a man from Pensacola Japan!

Last edited by justakrazymom; 10-10-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #113
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
ugh..the rain sucks..you shall have to wait and see how ours was
I'm anxious to hear about it! Was this your first party?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #114
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I'm anxious to hear about it! Was this your first party?
it was

Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #115
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Pensacola Japan??

So we headed to Japan to do the Agent P mission there.. what I saw of it ,it was very much the same at the Kim Possible one ( the only one I saw last year) but Declan didn't care..lol I strolled around..

before long the mission was over and Noah met up with us for our meal at Teppan Edo..his Bday meal..lol.. Now I was rather nervous about the potential language barrier here. We have Hibatchi at home and love it..all the waitstaff is american and the chefs speak fairly decent English. So we go brought to our table by the cutest little proper girl.. very polite..very proper. We had the back room all to ourselves..at least at first.

I ordered my suishi and drinks and oh yummy the suishi was..lol. Next out came our chef.. and he says his name and I can already tell he doesn't have much if any accent..yes.. and he says he's from Pensecola Japan..I almost spit my soda across the room laughing..LOL.. well he was super nice and did an amazing job. I had already prepped the kids for the fact this was authentic Hibatchi style and what we had at home is less authentic..lol.

the food was great..service stellar and the food amazing!

At this point we were all done. We started headed to the gate./Noah had left before us and was in mousegears and wanted something so we headed there first.. BUT I wanted a picture so..

We left , hopped a bus and were back at the resort before we knew it.
here's what our windows looked like by now:

I know..poor Mickey Mouse eh?

Our mousekeepers didn't do anything special but the kids still like to see where all their stuff is!

Up next.. really..he's peeing where?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #116
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Really? He is peeing where??

So before Noah had come to Epcot he had told me he wanted to do the mouseboats... I had told him pre-trip i would pay for one session. So he walked up to Riverside..got the price etc.

Once we were back to the room everyone got in the swimsuits ( ok all the kids..lol) and we walked up to Riverside.. Noah took Declan and off they went:

i took the kids to Ole Man Island.. they loved it..and yes..I had an adult beverage..just one..it was only 4pm afterall! The kids swam and had a blast..

right about then I see this little kid come over to the chair I was sitting in.. and the bushes behind it.. drop his drawers and peed in the bushes.. yep..and he had to have been 4 or 5. Where was mom..over yonder on her phone and ipad..lovely. One of the other moms and I were like are we really seeing this? Really people..at a pool with your kids..get off the phone, get off the ipads..pay attention to your kids!

About now Noah and Declan were due back and I wanted a picture...so I left Eric and the kids.. I wanted a picture of them and of course I had to pay..lol

Still alive..sweet..

no worse for the wear..

Declan joined the others at the pool..Noah went back to his room:

After they were done it was back to POFQ..the kids played on the green for awhile..love that they activities!

We ate at the food court. Now by day 6 we were getting a little sick of the food I will say. The food is great..but the selection at POFQ is much smaller than it was at POP.. but we all survived!

Next 6 of us ( noah didnt feel like it) hopped a bus for Epcot.. mission.. Illuminations. My mom and I and Ziah staked out a great spot to the right of the shop ( going counter clockwise) between 2 kiosks.. bathrooms across from us and a food counter. Eric and the boys went and did Mission Space. I had NO pictures but one I took in the dark. Not sure why I didn't take pictures..my bad. We patrolled our zone until Eric got back. I gave the kids all kinds of glow bracelets and such... here's the one pic I have..lol
Here'z Ziah all glowed out..lol

we kept the area by the railing for us.. except when a young lady in a scooter came in behind us. At first I was like..no we staked this place out for an hour..u can watch behind us..but then ya know..I got human again and had the kids squish down ( eric ended up going behind the building even..lol..) and let her up. Taejan originally was going to listen to my ipod..he doesn't do fireworks well and we were mighty close.. but he ended up fine..loved it. We had stuff shooting off from right beneath us!

The show was great...kids loved it! We headed out of the park , got in line and ended up letting a bunch of people go ahead of us because I will NOT pack on a bus. We were first for the next bus and all had seats ( well we make Taejan sit on a lap). We finally got back and crashed..HARD!

up next..um..the day with the best meal EVER!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #117
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

You're leaving??

So Sunday we slept in, had breakfast at the food court then hopped a bus to AK..the bus stop was packed..but not with many going to AK..lol

Now it's nearly 10:30 in the morning and here's WHY we don't do many late nights at the parks:
out cold!

Up first..of course..was the safari..prolly the only one that wasn't good. Our driver drove too fast and had no personality and it was already way too hot out for the animals..it was lackluster at best..oh well.

After the safari we headed in the direction of Asia and ran into ( whom I have never seen before so I was excited!)

Everyone was hungry ( and a few were grumpy!!) so we grabbed some food:

darn ducks are everywhere!

After we ate my mother and Noah decide they are done..it's hot and they both are kinda grumpy..lol.. Declan jumped on this and asked to go back with them.. sure dude! This was the point in the trip I knew next time we come..it's just us. I've never not taken my mom and I do have some guilt now, but with just 5 of us we only need ONE room if we stay at PORS and the cost difference will be huge for us!

So off they went and we decided all we wanted to do was explore all the trails and such..Taejan had been wanting to this since last year!

Up next just the 4 of us..

Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #118
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

I've really enjoyed reading your report - especially since we were there 9/17-22 and so many things you've mentioned have me remembering our experience.

The day you were in DHS and it rained, we were in the MK and ohhhh boy it was murder! We were walking through Frontierland and my husband said "Is that Splash Mountain...or actual thunder?" Well soon we had our answer! That was fierce!

The following day we were also in Epcot - I wonder if we ran into each other! We got caught in the downpour just as we were coming off the monorail at the TTC. No way we were walking to our room at the Poly in that, so we dashed for the resort monorail - and don't you know by the time we went through that ONE stop, it had stopped raining? Sheesh!

That rain on Thursday night was insane, too. DH and I were waiting for Illuminations but I wasn't feeling well so I wanted to head back to our room. Not three minutes after walking into the building and walking out onto the balcony I saw that it was pouring! It was like someone flipped a switch. I felt sorry for the people on the beach watching Wishes, but even worse for DH (he didn't have his phone with him and I was pretty fretful for him AND our camera). Turns out he made it through Illuminations with no rain at all - isn't it weird that it didn't start raining in both parks at the same time? He walked from Italy to Canada before it even started to rain.

Oh, and when the monorail was down...that was super fun (not!). But we got to take a big boat from MK to the Poly, rather than the launch, so that was something different anyway.

Looking forward to reading more about you and your family!

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
Old 10-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #119
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I have enjoyed reading your trip report- as we were there 09-21-25th.. Only 4 nights/5 days.... I am just curious, what do you all do where you can take 14 days off for vacation? I am so totally jealous!! I can't even tell you the last time I have even missed a whole week of work!

Cute children! How do you pronouce Teajan? Like Tay-Gen? A girl I went to school with has a daughter named Teagan but they say it like above.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #120
zacksmammie
Mouseketeer

Joining

Have been waiting for this report as I have really enjoyed your others. Thanks for continuing the tradition!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: