Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #61
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Epcot Day 1 part 2

Epcot day 1 part 2
So we had sent Noah up ahead for FP's and then met him in The Land and got our 5.. the boys were planning to spend the day together again so off they went:

Low and behold look who we run into:

yep..we all ended up on Living with the Land together.
I love this little ride.. I want to do Behind the Seeds so bad..but this was just not the year. Taejan has way better control of himself than he did last year..BUT he is still prone to touching things he does not belong touching and other unpredictable nonsense..so maybe next year.

After this Noah and Declan went to have coffee or something and we went to go ride Soarin.. we had 20 minutes until our FP's were due and the wait was 15 minutes..so um.. standby line here we come! All silly Taejan..no anger..no issues..just Taejan being Taejan..we call him Jim Carrey Jr with the faces!

and before long..we are on Soarin!

We got off and it was FP time so back up we go to ride again! Love this ride..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #62
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

I see a dolphin!

After Soarin' we headed out of the Land.. and went on over to The Seas..yest again thanking my youngest for no stroller lol. We rode with a posted 15 minute wait..which, for those of you that have ridden this know, is pretty much the time it takes you to wind around and around that queue..

Last year when we got off it was so packed I grabbed the kids and bolted..this time though we headed upstairs..saw some Divers:

and fish

oh and walked right into the Dolphin demo..perfect timing ( which was literally the mantra of this trip BTW)..

I still miss the original ride..well at least the version I saw in 1999 and 2000.. I get why Nemo is in the ride..I do..but I miss the straight educational zone it once was.
The kids played in that little play zone:

Up next.. Taejan and more women!

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #63
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Taejan and his girls...

After The Seas World Showcase was open and we were all hungry..so we headed in that direction..but we literally ran into a meet n greet with NO wait.. usually that means the characters are leaving ( that is always our luck and my kids will not wait in lines for characters)..but yet again we had perfect timing and we got to meet two of Taejan's dream women! ( no photopass photographer sadly)

This Rapunzel was great.. something about her..she was good!

See..she musta been good cus Taejan is not into blondes much...lol

Ziah is so shy..Rapunzel picked up on this and kinda called her back over for a solo hug and Ziah went..but you can see..it was with reservations and I am pretty sure Taejan musta said something.. hence Rapunzel laughing..lol

And now finally what we had been waiting 13 months for..we actually made it to the counter before it opened and waited..we got the first 3 batches of the day!

I love this place...

right over there..on the other side of that pretty little hill is The Boardwalk.. not gonna lie.. I wanted to go there...lol

oh and what is this?? anyone? or rather..where is this item and other like it located??

Next...we explore the countries!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #64
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

World Showcase Explorers..

No agenda for this day except we had a meal later.. Noah and Declan were off doing their thing.. not sure what except I know the rode Soarin and Imagination and did an Agent P mission..and not sure what else.Oh I know they rode Maelstrom and Noah took this picture of Declan for me:

We got the 2 wee ones some cool items:

we just walked around..

They were actually leaving ( and we wouldnt have waited in line anyway) but I had to take pictures because Belle is Taejan's #1 this trip!

The kids worked on some Duffy's

Ziah looks thrilled eh? Without Declan as a buffer we had some issues with Oil and Water.. it's ok..they both survived..and I just had another adult beverage..don't judge!

this was walled off last year..so pretty!

and now what the kids have been waiting 13 months for:

after the shaved ice ( we split 3 between the 5 of us) the clouds started to change.. oh yeah..it wound't be Epcot for us without some rain.. would today finally be the day we had to buy ponchos?

up next..rain!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #65
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Rain rain rain..why of course!

So we finish up our Shaved ice and head along.. and the rain is coming..I feel the drops.. we book it for America..and we are just in time for a show.. I love great timing..so to get out of the rain we bound in! As we cross the threshold this gentlemen says to Taejan.. "Are you Taejan?" ( even says his name right..awesome!) Taejan looks at him carefully and says yes..then the gentlemen says "Ok good I just got a phone call for you, here let's call them back"..and walks Taejan over to this box that had a phone:

he listened..probably thought he was in trouble..

Soon a smile crossed his wee little face:

He proclaims that Goofy called him to wish him a Happy Birthday..the kid was beaming! The gentlemen then gave Taejan an american flag and we went to listen to the last bit of the singers:

Then we went to see the show..I love the American Adventure..it has to be one of the highlights of Epcot for me.. I love History and it makes me tear up every time!

After this it was raining..up.. not super hard but it was..we did potty runs and then the plan was to finish the countries but it was just raining to hard..we then decided we would head to Norway to ride the Maelstrom..I'd rather be in line then in the rain. Before we made it there though the weather got BAD.. thunder, lightening , driving rain..now I can deal with rain..I dont take my kids out in lightening!

So there was this little food stand ( ya know..the one with the drums before Norway ( or after depending on your direction of travel)..it has mostly a cloth roof..but hey it kept is slightly dry. We eventually just packed into a roped off food line where there is an actual roof.. it was getting that bad!

now I felt bad being there and not buying anything.. but they didnt sell hot beverages..if they did..I would have gotten one!
The place was packed with people trying to stay dry! Was under there a good 20 minutes then once it seemed the storm part of the rain was past we headed back out into it.. and made our way to Norway.. it was still raining so people were everywhere. Noah and Declan had texted us that they had the same thoughts and were in Norway and had just ridden the ride and were hanging in the store. We rode Maelstrom and met up with the boys for a few:

by then it was either done raining or it was so light it no longer mattered so off we went again:

We all went to Mousegears and road Space Ship Earth together ( all 7 of us):We got stopped for a good 5-7 minutes on SSE..

after the games we split up again..no idea where Noah and Declan went ( and neither here to ask).

Sky was still icky looking:

we headed over to Club Cool.. we drank our drinks then Taejan joined the dance the CM's started..anyone tell me how to do a video embed?

Up next..more..

Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #66
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Ooops

Ok I totally missed the fact that after we entered and while Noah was off getting FP's we met Stitch.. who happens to be Declan's #1 this trip:

Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #67
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

I'm loving your TR!! Your family is precious!! It's touching to see your two boys go off together! I have two boys 4 yrs apart and I feel as though they're oil & water!! They have nothing in common and don't spend time together. I hope they can be like your two someday!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #68
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
I'm loving your TR!! Your family is precious!! It's touching to see your two boys go off together! I have two boys 4 yrs apart and I feel as though they're oil & water!! They have nothing in common and don't spend time together. I hope they can be like your two someday!
This is new..believe me..They loved each other when Declan was 2 and under and then for the last 8 years..nope.. now though my oldest is 18, growing up and I think he knows it's now or never because he leaves soon. I love that Declan will have memories of good stuff with his big brother instead of just memories of being tormented..lol

Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #69
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Another meeting with Taejan's #1 girl!

So after Taejan danced we ended up going out the wrong door and walked into Marie! No photopass with her ..grr.. I really don't like when they don't have a photographer! especially since my camera was dieing..

then Belle.. oh sweet Belle..Taejan's #1 love.. she had a photographer thank goodness or I wouldn't have gotten all this amazing sweetness!

have I ever mentioned Taejan loves deep? I always tell the various girls he has crushes on that no one will ever love them this much again in their lives..he's borderline creaptastic..if the kid wasn't so empathetic and sweet I'd wonder sometimes if he didnt have a little stalker in him ..lol

Up next..Taejan's Birthday dinner!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #70
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

You're right! I think when they won't be around each other 24/7 they will miss each other and grow closer! A mom can only hope!! Actually love for Disney is what we all have in common as a family!!

We used to make longer trips like 10-14 days, but it's so hard now!! I love all the extra time you guys had! I hope to have a longer trip next summer- we want to stay at POR -love it there!!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #71
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
You're right! I think when they won't be around each other 24/7 they will miss each other and grow closer! A mom can only hope!! Actually love for Disney is what we all have in common as a family!!

We used to make longer trips like 10-14 days, but it's so hard now!! I love all the extra time you guys had! I hope to have a longer trip next summer- we want to stay at POR -love it there!!
This is it I think. From when Declan was 4.5 on Noah was home every day ( except a short stint he went back to school). Now Noah works a full time job and is gone all day every day then has his own stuff going on. Declan is also older now too.

We are lucky we can do the longer trips.. we have 12 days next year at PORS and plan to add one night at YC ( or BC) just for the pool.. then we have 4 days in GA. We figure if we are going we may as well go big. We dont have school stuff to worry about. Declan did give up fall ball though..and he's so ok with that he doesnt mind not playing it next year...lol. Luckily most of their sports are late fall,winter and spring..and since we own the dance studio they can miss.lol Gymnastics we made up..so it was all good!

Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #72
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

It spins it spins!

After meeting Belle we headed off ( with Declan this time) and rode Imagination.. a simply odd ride..lol then it was off to The Land for dinner at The Garden Grill.
This was Taejan's birthday meal..Chip and Dale are his favorite. We had been looking forward to the rotating restaurant for awhile.. sadly we were up on the 2nd tier so we didn't get to see much of the rotation scenery..but that's ok..the characters and the food made up for it. This was an amazing meal..
My point and shoot's battery had died so I snagged the one Noah had..it doesn't take great pictures but it's better than none

Noah had a full blown food coma..think between the 7 of us we had our food refilled 3 times! The food was amazing..

Taejan's birthday cake!

We head back to the resort and Mousekeeping outdid themselves!

we then went off to the pool..

I went and did a little laundry and I came back to Taejan a mess. He had slipped in the stairs on the little bridge ( the back of the serpent but not the slide area) and tore his heel to shreds..poor kid couldn't wear shoes . I was pretty sure our NON STROLLER days were behind us. But on the plus side.. park day 4 and NO PONCHOS still!

Up next..Animal Kingdom!

Last edited by justakrazymom; 10-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #74
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Oh man, poor Taejan!
I was very glad I had our giant first aid kit with big ole medicated band-aids.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #75
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom here we come!

Ok..Park day 4 ( despite what it says above.. this is indeed day 4..not the Epcot day!).. Thursday Sept 20th 2012

Ok so I have no notes on this day.. and my pictures were all out of order time wise..so be prepared for this to be an interesting report for today...lol

So we had no alarm but my room was up and ready and no one wanted to just wait..so we opted to head out to AK and let my mom and Noah move at their own pace and join us when they could. I was so sure we'd end up renting a stroller since Taejan's heel was very yucky and bothering him. I must say I was very proud when he wanted to find a way to make walking easy.We triple bandaided his heel added socks and popped him in crocs.. and it worked! We were on a bus by 9:10.. we entered the park and made our way towards the Safari.. Stopping only for this:

I prefer early morning ones and it was already later than I wanted. The ride was a total walk on..

We had about the best guide ever..she was so funny.. she pointed out the "homosapiens" that were on the trek..lol.. she had a great sense of humor and gave us the best info on the various animals and such that we've ever had!

a lone homosapien

he was this close:

After the safari we headed over to the other side of the park...

Up next.. more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: