Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
I will do my best to follow along
you may be the only one!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #32
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Avengers here we comeeee

Day 4.. Sunday Sept 16th:

I had 2 goals and 2 goals only for this day.. ride the Avengers Monorail and get to that darn geyser! Now I want to forewarn u all..I was def not good about pictures all the time..sigh.. the further into the trip we got the less I took and I never once took my Rebel DSLR out of the room(s).

So we slept in and got up, got showered and headed out.. we are yet again MK bound..but wait wait.. someone spots a pin they just MUST have..

Silly me really doesn't know much about the Monorail other than get on it..go to O'hana or chef mickeys or 1900 park fare..lol.. so we get on it... we did want to go over to The Contemporary anyway so we stopped there:

we looked all around the shops and such:

went outside to see the view:
um..pretty darn awesome view!

took it to TTC.. me thinking that the Avengers rail was on the Epcot loop ( not sure why I thought that since I SAW it at MK..but I knew it wasnt on the track we took to CR)

got all the way to Epcot and um.. so we now need to go thru bag check to get back on cus silly silly me was apparently clueless..LOL. We do that go back up.. and I finally decided to ask a CM.. Im informed it's on the express line..so off we go to find it..lol

SCORE we found our way to the right track.. I asked the CM on the platform if we could wait until The Avengerrail arrived to load.. he said sure..so we went all the way to the front on the left and just waited.. 2 monorails later and score..and mind you..my kids thought it was epic a "chick" was driving the Avengerrail!

Happy mama..and happy kids! we got to see some great views:

then it was time to go complete goal #2 for the day...the Geyser!

Up next.. do we get to see the geyser in action??

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #33
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

To Geyser or not?

Mission #1 was complete..so once we were back at MK we hopped the boat once again over to WL. This time we met a really nice couple and my kids got some awesome pins in trades!

We got over there and this is what we see:

Did we miss it? Taejan was not budging until we knew!

Eric went and got a snack and some drinks and we all waited and finally:

and of course this:

once we were done we headed back to the boat dock..there was a long line so we ended up talking to these guys:

Apparently right before we got there they caught a fish and an otter came and took it right off the line..would have loved to see that!

The gentlemen in the hat was very chatty and the kids thought he was great..he told them the guy directly behind the CM ( can only see the back of his head) helped build Disney.. wish I knew who he was!

On the boat and heading back to MK:

We got on a bus back to BW and before we left the driver gave the kids some transportation cards..they had started collecting them the day before:

Once we were back Declan begged to do the Surrey bike.. I did NOT want to. I did this in 1999 and still remember how hard they are to pedal uphill..lol. we relented though:

I gave Declan the camera and he took some scenery shots:

I was waiting for the two of them to start fighting. We call them oil and water and we never ever put them so close together intentionally..

Up next...chill time..kinda

Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I was really bad at keeping up with your PTR, but hopefully I can do better with the TR. First off, congrats to you, Noah and his girlfriend!

I love how you spent the first three days exploring DTD and some resorts, as well as chilling by the pool and in the community house!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #35
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Well after the Surrey Bike of Death ( which we did TWO circuits on...omg my legs hated me for days!) we headed back to the room and found this:

it's not anything special but my kids love seeing whatever Mousekeeping does with all their Stuff!

It was then time for the pool. We went down..snagged a table..and yes a few adult beverages.. the pool games were going on and I honestly felt so bad for the CM's...no kids wanted to play.

The song from Declan's latest hip hop dance was on and Declan strutted his stuff.. I thought I had video's this but apparently I just took pictures..fyi my boy can dance ( has been since he was 3).

Next they got to playing games:

The CM's unloaded the water on my kids..twice..LOL..I laughed!

See that foot? right there is where we lost Taejan and I was wishing I had had more than one adult beverage..or maybe I was wishing I could pretend he wasn't mine.. sigh

and we have full rotten mood.. well it was his first actual meltdown.. and anyone that read last years report knows I could fill and album with meltdown pictures..lol:

and it was over almost as fast as it came on and he was back in the pool playing:

This game did not go well.. when the kids were in the pool finding the toys other kids were stealing their piles..all 3 of mine ended up losing their entire piles..one to a darn adult..I was sickened!

Ziah made a friend..and they played together all day.

More games!

at this point the pool was packed and we decided to head to the quiet pool near our room:

After this we went down to the Boardwalk ( hit the camp fire again too)and had a very noisy not great food dinner at the Brew works...we will not be returning there!
We wandered and watched the various entertainers. One was so funny with getting the kids to play a song on chimes.. and we played games and then crashed for the night...

Up next.. POFQ!

Last edited by justakrazymom; 10-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #36
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I was really bad at keeping up with your PTR, but hopefully I can do better with the TR. First off, congrats to you, Noah and his girlfriend!

I love how you spent the first three days exploring DTD and some resorts, as well as chilling by the pool and in the community house!
Thank you and yea..those 3 days were great!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #37
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Okay before we switch resorts ( and add people to the group) I wanted to chime in about The Boardwalk Inn.

Loved it.. yep..totally loved it. I got the rooms at a 30% room only discount so it was cheaper for the 5 of us to stay there than to add 2 nights to our POFQ reservation so that's why we did it. It was a toss up between that and YC&BC but the pool over there is actually what turned me off.. at the time of booking Taejan was not a strong swimmer and I didn't want to worry.

I was def nervous about not being "deluxe" types.. we are just every day people.. that was def not an issue. Oh and for those that say there isnt wild kids ar deluxes..um.. could have fooled me..lol

The room was nice..very nice..BUT I felt it had a lot of wasted space.. The giant glass doors to a tiny tiny (open) patio on the ground floor.. total waste. so that whole felt like wasted space to me. We never once sat on the patio.. maybe if we had anything besides ground floor we would have? Then the bathroom/vanity area..a whole big bunch of space that was odd. I def prefer the bathroom all the way on the end like in the exterior hallway rooms.

The couch was def a good thing.. we opened it into a bed and Declan had a place to sleep..he said it was perfectly comfy.

The grounds..well they are amazing, the proximity to the Boardwalk ( ha ha..) was mega great. We spent a lot of time in the gardens, on the Boardwalk and then of course at the amazing pool. Hands down best pool my kids have ever been to they said! The staff was great.. even when a certain child of mine clogged then overflowed the toilet.lol. The community house ( do all deluxe resorts have em??) was icing in the cake for us..we used this..a lot!
oh here I am as the kids were playing games on Sunday..forgot to put this in the above post:

and one from the campfire before the community house..lol

The thing is..as much as we loved it..I would am not sure if I'd ever stay there if I was planning on being in the parks. The cost is nearly twice what staying at a moderate would be. I can't stomach that knowing I won't be taking advantage of all the extra's they have there.Heck if we didn't need 2 rooms at the values ( and I dont want more expensive suite) I wouldnt even stay at a Mod if I was going to be in the parks all day. This is def just my take on it. We figure we can fit the 5 of us in PORS for a few more trips. Once they are bigger I will def revisit the BWi ( or something sim) that will allow 5 to a room.

I would stay there again if we decided to do a split stay with no park days ( but I would do those at the end of the trip next time). Yes the convenience is there.. walk to 2 of 4 parks.. that I would def enjoy. But when we priced out 10 days at BWI with free dining verses 12 nights at PORS the difference was crazy ( for us). And yes..we need free dining.. one thing those 3 days paying out of pocket for food for 5 people ( and being very careful btw) is that food is pricey and the free dining outweighs ANY room only discount we could get

So there's my take on it.. take it for what it is..lol

Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #38
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Just joining in! Love your report so far. We stayed at BLT on our last trip, and they had a community room. We didn't use it, though. We thought our then 3 and 5 year old would rather just swim while we were at the resort. Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #39
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
Just joining in! Love your report so far. We stayed at BLT on our last trip, and they had a community room. We didn't use it, though. We thought our then 3 and 5 year old would rather just swim while we were at the resort. Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #40
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Hello POFQ!!

Very early Monday morning we got up.. got our stuff together and said good bye to The Boardwalk. We hopped in the van, pointed the GPS towards POFQ and soon we were there. It was about 8:10 am... could our luck hold out and could BOTH rooms be ready? Hummmm.....

Oh and I had heard from Noah that at 6:15 they were boarded on the plane!

Yep..oh my..we get there, go to check in and they are BOTH ready..and my oh my did we get hooked up! Now when we made the ressies the only level available was garden view..I did NOT want to pay more for the room..I;m s standard view kinda gal..but it's what it was. Well I am now kinda glad we had to..lol.. we were in building 5.. rooms 5107 and 5108. Ground floor again!! And bonus..unlike last year we had connecting rooms! We were directly across from the laundry and spa, a 90 second walk to the pool and food court..SCORE!

our room:

Noah and my moms rooms:

Once we checked out the room we went and got our refill mugs ( 3 colors..seriously??) and food..we were starving and not having to PAY for it was a relief!

After Eric and bell services brought all our stuff I decorated our window while the kids got their swim suits on:

Not too many people did this in any area we saw.. oh well..ours just got more and more decorated by the day...lol

Next I got the text that the plane had landed. I took the kids over to the pool..my lovely husband took his luggage to the laundry.

This is one of "those" lessons people. See my husband loves hard cider... he and Taejan work at Eric's bosses orchard and help make it and that means we always have giant bottles around. Bright love of my life wanted to bring some with him..ok cool.Well he picked a still and a sparkling..even after his boss and I both warned him about the sparkling and a 1280 mile drive and 85+ temps. I had to be a you know what and didn't let him pack it in the van near anyone's items..so he out it in his luggage.. and didn't touch it ..so from Thursday AM until Monday Am it was packed in my van with the movement and the changing temps. Yep..you guessed it...it exploded..no idea when..I had thought he brought it in the rooms at each resort ( cus thats what I would have done..lol) but nope. SO he had a very nice mess and no clean clothes left ( we packed oddly so we had a bag for the 4 days before POFQ and then each had a bag for the rest of the trip..it was in his rest of the trip bag).

So while he was doing laundry and waiting for it ( and those dryers run more than 30 minutes despite the sign!) the kids swam.. Noah and my mom got on DME ( and I reveled in being RIGHT...na na na na)

Now my kids went from being Clown vomit to serpent vomit...

So this pool was cool.. the music was nice ( ha ha that would change...believe me). The kids liked the slide but it was a one star slide to the BWI's 5 star slide..lol I ,over the course of the trip, found the pool very difficult to relax at. There is no spot that gives you a good view of the whole pool. I am glad my kids are great swimmers and that the lifeguards are amazing at Disney pools ( and they put up with a lot of dense people!).

So now I hear from Noah that he and my mom are HERE. The plan was to chill in the rooms until like 3pm. They had been up since 3am.. but soon they settled in and were itching to go..well we still had to wait for Eric's laundry.

Very soon we were heading off to Magic Kingdom.. I was so excited I was doing back handsprings..in my head..cus if I tried to actually DO a back handspring I'd be in a pile of broken bones when I stopped..just sayin.

Up next..MK..FINALLY!

Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #41
ChitownFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Nice pictures. I love the AoA ones, I'm so excited to stay there next month. I forgot to mention earlier, I love your kids names.

Same thing I was going to say . In particular Declan was one of our top 5 boy names.

Cruise March 2013 (RCI-LIberty of the Seas)
11/28/12-12/8/12 art of animation (Nemo)
Spring 04- offsite, Universal/IOA, Discovery, DW
Christmas-New Years 02-offsite (Been there, Done that!)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #42
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownFamily View Post
Same thing I was going to say . In particular Declan was one of our top 5 boy names.
Thank you! We know of a few Declan's besides our own..but most are much younger ( he will be 11 soon).. Jadziah ( Jahd zee uh) is from Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Taejan ( Tay like day and gin like the booze.lol) we plain made up

Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #43
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Following along, love all the down time so far! We never plan resort days or down time, looks nice! My cousin just named one of her 10 month old twins Decklan ( yes with a K, long story about a stupid nurse) Can't wait to read more.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #44
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Following along, love all the down time so far! We never plan resort days or down time, looks nice! My cousin just named one of her 10 month old twins Decklan ( yes with a K, long story about a stupid nurse) Can't wait to read more.
Downtime is the best..we were lucky to have 13 full days..it allows for a lot of downtime!

We contemplated using a K but decided not to.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #45
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

I have to share. Taejan just woke up and he tells me he has a plan. " You know how we went one year til Disney this time, well next time we can go 2 years then the next 3 and then we can go to Georgia when we arent going to Disney"..hee hee. We told them we were not going back for 3 years. The younger two have no idea we are going back in Sept ( God willing)..and our plan was to tell them we were going to visit my friend in GA since we can't afford Disney again..bonus is if we really can't afford it we will go to GA anyway..lol. It was just too cute how Taejan had this "plan" all set for me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: