Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #151
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Our bittersweet LAST day at the parks...

Cue the crying now.. this is it..last day at the parks.. I'm double sadder now than I was then..it's crazy!

now I had already packed the car..except the clothes we would need that day and the next.. so all our stuff was set except one last small load of laundry. I hate coming home to a ton of laundry!

We headed to the park and had promised Declan he could so some missions.. We went to the firehouse and got our sets of cards..CM had some issues with our key cards ( the actual key card not the room key cards..lol) but soon had it all sorted out.

We had promised Taejan he could ride Barnstormer..again!
Yeah..I let them climb this.. totally not my style but it was our last day and I was in mourning ...

Rode it twice.. then we realized we had not yet ridden Pooh. This is a "classic" for me. I remember when they first put this ride in. Noah and I rode it like 15 times in a row one early entry morning.. good memories! There was a PP photographer in the play area so I handed over my PP+ card!

The honey walls were neat. We didn't see them last year because we used FP.. Sometimes I like Standby just to see this extra stuff!

After pooh we split up..Eric took Declan to do some missions and my mom and I took the other 2 to eat at Pinocchio Haus ( sp?).

Then...

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #152
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Sorry..not this trip either!

After we ate I wanted one last ride on Haunted Mansion..even after about 15 times this trip I still notice something different every time. We got stopped in the Graveyard for a good 5 minutes..right by the first dog. After that we kinda just wandered a bit...ALMOST made it to ride this:

but I guess not this trip either... 4 trips and we've ridden it once.. lol..

We tried to go ride Splash but it was down so we hopped the train back to Fantasyland and got the kids some ice cream.

Happy 7 year old with his rootbeer float:

At this point Ziah wanted to ride Space Mountain.. I was HOPING Eric and Declan would b back...

on the way we saw these guys..and took advantage of them just walking. It was like one of those special moments because Taejan just ran up to Tigger like they show in the commercials.. it was perfect!

So now we are dangerously close to SPace Mountain and Eric and Declan are not done.. this was it..I was gonna have to be brave and ride the darn thing..seriously? I hate this ride..hate it.. but my 4 foot 43 pound almost 9 year old loves it..so her much bigger baby of a mom needed to suck it up!

no wait.. seriously..took longer to walk the queue than anything!

I think I pulled off the "This ride doesnt bother me" pose eh? Meanwhile inside my big ole head I was screaming..lol..did I mention I hate this ride?

We get done and My mom and Taejan had gotten on People Mover..and apparently so had Eric and Declan and guess what? It was stopped.. as in dead stopped and CM's walking the track. Ut oh..that doesn't look or sound good..so what did my daughter and I do?

Why we said sorry suckers.. we outta here!

We got off Buzz and they had just gotten the People Mover working..see we didn't miss anything more than waiting around..lol. I guess Taejan offered to the CM's to go help fix it.. that boy can fix anything..afterall he plans to be a real Imagineer one day right?

Declan wanted to show us one last mission before Lunch... so off we went...

Up next..um..I don't remember

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #153
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace bound

We headed on over to do a mission on Main St ( ahhhh)..but I wanted a few pictures:

the sun def hindered these pictures!

Declan started this mission and quickly quit..he had already done it!

We had some time to waste before our ADR's so we walked over to AdventureLand:

See Taejan..well being the rotten mom I am I tried to gently guide him into the path of the spray and ended up getting it smack in the face..yep..that's karma for ya..lol

The pirate thing ( what is this again??) was going on and we were watching. When Capt. Jack was getting more little pirates I nicely guided Taejan into the show..go MOM!

After that it was time for Crystal Palace. I need to be upfront..i did NOT want to eat here. Last year was NOT good and I had no desire for a repeat. But my sweet little girl begged. See when we went to CP last year it was my Bday ( 21st of course) and she was not feeling well. She feels like she ruined my bday ( not so believe me)...so she wanted a redo!

happy girl!

Ha ha.. yep..caught him shoving his face full..just wanted you to all know he still existed and was with us. He just did his own thing for most of the trip. Last time that kid comes on my dime let me tell ya!

See the kids behind us on the right? one dad 3 small kids ( mom was somewhere..she came back)..characters showed up and the kids all flipped out.. oh my heart went out to that poo guy!

Best part of the meal..actually think the filling may well have been all I ate.. not impressed with CP..the food choices are not great!

Piglet got the kids behind us all upset again..good thing mom ( see her?) was back to help that dad!

We were done and ready to head out...

Up next...the last post..so long Disney!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #154
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

The last post...

This is it.. the last post in the TR~

We left CP and headed thru the Emporium where Ziah got these:

then we said goodbye:

We hopped a bus and headed back to POFQ. We let the kids play at the playground

and swim:

we ate, made sure we had everything.. went and watched the movie under the stars:

then crashed. Noah and My mom had to be out for DMN at 5:45am.

Thursday Sept 27th.. I got up and walked out with my mom and Noah. I am mighty impressed with all that is going on at 5:35 am..lol.. painting, upkeep etc. The got on their bus and they were off. I went back to the room and laid down til the kids got up. We packed up , walked to PORS to shop in their bigger gift shop and then by 10:30am we were heading North.

We got to my friends house outside of Savannah and spent the next few days swimming,in Savannah, chilling and just enjoying life. Sunday Sept 30th at 7:30 am we hit the road home. We had a great drive ( except for the fact I lost our 2nd set of van keys..somewhere..we think they ended up in the garbage in GA). we rolled into our driveway at 12:05AM on October 1st.

So the trip was amazing..really.. almost couldnt have been better..and given the variables we had..it was better than I thought it could be. Taejan walked the whole time..never once complained about it. So NOT stroller was HUGE and awesome. By the last few days of the trip we were not even carrying the backpack..the kids are older..they just dont need "stuff" anymore.

No ponchos..nope..we didn't buy them didn't need them..huge change from last year eh? heck the trip was almost so drama free it was boring at times..LOL

So we are planning to go back..we are booked.. we are paying it off..so look for my PTR for that trip soon!

Thank you to all that read this..

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #155
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

So sad that your Trip Report is over! I was there around the same time you were, and living through your Trip Report reminded me of my trip so much! Now I am missing my trip, and yours too! Your family is so much fun to follow along with in your Trip Reports! I will definitely be looking for your link to a PTR! Make sure you post on here when you start it so we can follow along!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #156
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Awww....great trip report! It is always so sad to see a trip end. It helps to have another one planned, that's for sure! Thanks for writing, it was fun to read!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #157
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Its over already!! :-(
Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. Funny we were there the same time and used our ponchos almost every day! haha
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #158
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
So sad that your Trip Report is over! I was there around the same time you were, and living through your Trip Report reminded me of my trip so much! Now I am missing my trip, and yours too! Your family is so much fun to follow along with in your Trip Reports! I will definitely be looking for your link to a PTR! Make sure you post on here when you start it so we can follow along!
I am too..I swear it's worse than when the actual trip ended! Once I decide to start a PTR I will post the link here I promise!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #159
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Its over already!! :-(
Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. Funny we were there the same time and used our ponchos almost every day! haha
LOL..it never really rained the last 1/2 of our trip..and after the fiasco with ponchos last year I held off and it worked

Old 10-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #160
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Great trip report!!! Really enjoyed reading!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #161
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

It's sad that your TR is over. I really enjoyed reading it.

My DH and I both started paying for our own trip after we reached 18. His DD13 probably has 1-2 trips left on our dime before she will have to help with the bill. Though her grand-parents might decide to pay for her, or at least continue to bring her along on their trip for free.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #162
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's sad that your TR is over. I really enjoyed reading it.

My DH and I both started paying for our own trip after we reached 18. His DD13 probably has 1-2 trips left on our dime before she will have to help with the bill. Though her grand-parents might decide to pay for her, or at least continue to bring her along on their trip for free.
Noah probably wont be back for a long time.. by day 4 he was done..lol.. we prefer much longer trips than I think he does..

Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #163
zacksmammie
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks for another great report...made me feel like I was actually there. Heading down in 12 days, hopefully we'll have your luck with the weather!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #164
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksmammie View Post
Thanks for another great report...made me feel like I was actually there. Heading down in 12 days, hopefully we'll have your luck with the weather!
Good Luck with the weather!!! and have a wonderful time!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #165
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

I'm so sad that your TR is over!! I've loved reading it so much!! I've always wanted to do a TR- I just don't think I would remember enough details and it would be boring!! Who knows- maybe for our next trip in January!

Looking forward to your PTR!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: