Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #136
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Aloha!

Tuesday September 25th 2012

Tuesday morning Noah and my mother were def feeling better. We got up..got ready and headed off to the bus stop. On the way we stopped for a picture with this guy..the kids had been enjoying him all week and I have about 1000 coins from him ( wish they were actual gold..I could go back to Disney today!)

We hopped a bus to MK and it was packed. We ended up squished in with a really nice family from Canada. Chatted etc they were going to 1900 Park fare.. was nice. Got to MK and headed towards the Monorail. We saw them heading to the boat dock but they decided to join us on the monorail..lol..more chatting..their one kiddo was adorable and he and Taejan clicked right away! We left them and got off at The Poly..wished them a great breakfast and day!

We were a little early ( of course..i don't do rushing to be on time or late..I do early so we can be relaxed) so we looked around..

The Poly is pretty..but honestly..no where near as nice as I thought it would be. It;s worn down..a little dingy ,dated..smaller area's then I thought..the kids said "We are never staying here right?"..lol

We got checked in.. got our picture done:

waited our turn...

Declan brought Stitch with him.. it was cute..he's almost 11, a killer student and athlete...natural born leader and much more mature and wise than his peers..but at Disney..he's a giddy 3 year old half the time..LOVE it!

Up next..Stop..Thief!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #137
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Stop..Thief!

Soon we were seated and we hit pay dirt with the characters.. we had a great table and the circuit was coming right to us..no wait!

Up first was Lilo..

When Lilo spotted Declan's Stitch..she stole him.. like took and left..it was hysterical!

Declan was in a mix of shock , laughter and "omg is she bringing him back ever?"

After showing his Stitch off to half the room she did bring him back..lol

then she moved on and we ate.. and then a CM ( the handler I guess) came over and told Declan that sometime when kids bring a Stitch they have Lilo sign one ear and Stitch the other. Now Lilo had already left..but the CM went and got her back and had a sharpie!

Declan LOVED that let me tell ya!

next was Stitch.. now we had no sharpie though and the CM was not around this time:

Stitch borrowed a sharpie from another table and :

I kinda like that the signatures are in different colors..makes it look good!

Up next was the little parade..Ziah and Taejan both did it..

Then we got to see the MAN himself..

and the #1 dog!

Now the food and service were great..we just are not breakfast people. I def prefer a buffet..I felt like we had too much wasted food with the giant skillet.lol. Noah was feeling run down again and went back to the resort. Original plan was we were all going to take the day off since we had MNSSHP later..but Eric and I were like..nope..we can't be THIS close and not go in! SO the rest of us headed into the park..

Up next.. so we meet again!

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #138
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

What an AWESOME thing to have Lilo and Stitch sign the ears. I'm so bringing my plush Stitch next time we eat at Ohana!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #139
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
What an AWESOME thing to have Lilo and Stitch sign the ears. I'm so bringing my plush Stitch next time we eat at Ohana!!!
that Stitch is def Declan's pride and joy now!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #140
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

So we meet again!

Ok done at O'hana..Noah heads to resort.. the rest of us go to MK. My mom wasn't going to tour she just wanted to shop so we parted ways at the gate...

Love watching the street entertainment!

We grabbed a few pictures.. now this kills me. I waited our turn..went to hand the photopass guy our + card and this women says "whatever..weeee were waiting but you just go ahead"..um.. waiting by a store in a cluster of people is not waiting for your turn. I was right on the side of the photographer and he turned to US when he was done with the pictures he was doing. I simply said "well if it's that important then you go..we don't mind waiting again"..she got huffy and walked away..BYE BYE!!

Just in time to see some of this:

Then it was SPLASH time baby.. Declan hadn't ridden it yet this trip.. and he did NOT want to...oh well buddy..once a trip. He was less than happy about. it's rule! I swear Eric and I didn't plan the one arm thing..LOL

Before we got on Splash we grabbed fastpasses for BTM.. It wasn't yet time for them so Ziah and I rode standby.. the boys didn't want to ride..

She loves rollercoasters!

We ended up riding again with our FP's. The standby line was now rather long so when we got off we found a group of 3 and gave them the passes we were not gonna use!

Now we hadn't been over to Tom Sawyer yet this trip ( Declan and Noah had though) so Ziah and Taejan wanted to go.. here they are waiting for the boat:

I hate caves.. so of course the kids made me go in the first one..darn thing is a pain to navigate..LOL

Across the bridge:

and look at that..we run right into the same family from the bus and monorail..seriously nice people! We ended up hanging out for awhile and made plans to meet up at the pool later!

After that I had promised the kids the shoot arcade so off to that:

Then we headed out of the park..plan was resort, chill, pool then MNSSHP:

up next.. party time!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #141
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Okay, I got waaaaayyyy behind in your TR, but I am caught up now! Let's see if I remember everything I wanted to say.....

Love love love the pics of Taejan with Belle at Epcot!! I have 2 boys, and we have never done a princess meet and greet. I keep telling DH that we should, so hopefully next time. My DS4 is all hugs right now, so I know it would be so sweet to see!

Ziah wants to be a vet?? My DH is in his second year of vet school. Grades are huge, but so is experience....volunteer as much as possible in animal related areas as she gets older! We are hoping that on our next trip, DH will get to chat with a vet or two while we are there.

Just today I saw that you homeschool. I do, too! We are in our second year - 1st grade and preschool....I love it! Tough job sometimes, but the best job for sure!

Hmmmmm....I am sure there was more, but I am so incredibly forgetful! Love your TR so far...you do have a way of writing that makes me feel like I am (almost!!) there. Our trip is so long off, but I am already planning! Love the pictures you have posted of the fall decorations. I have never seen them in person, but hope to next time. So pretty!

Can't WAIT to hear about the party!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #142
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
Okay, I got waaaaayyyy behind in your TR, but I am caught up now! Let's see if I remember everything I wanted to say.....

Love love love the pics of Taejan with Belle at Epcot!! I have 2 boys, and we have never done a princess meet and greet. I keep telling DH that we should, so hopefully next time. My DS4 is all hugs right now, so I know it would be so sweet to see! When my oldest was 4 and 6 he loved the princesses meets too!I mena what boy doesn't love the pretty girls??. I missed that time frame with Declan so I love having it with Taejan...

Ziah wants to be a vet?? My DH is in his second year of vet school. Grades are huge, but so is experience....volunteer as much as possible in animal related areas as she gets older! We are hoping that on our next trip, DH will get to chat with a vet or two while we are there. Def visit rafiki's then.. often there are vets or techs out chatting!

Just today I saw that you homeschool. I do, too! We are in our second year - 1st grade and preschool....I love it! Tough job sometimes, but the best job for sure! 7th year here! Oldest is graduated and working as a machinist, then I have 5th,3rd and 1st!

Hmmmmm....I am sure there was more, but I am so incredibly forgetful! Love your TR so far...you do have a way of writing that makes me feel like I am (almost!!) there. Our trip is so long off, but I am already planning! Love the pictures you have posted of the fall decorations. I have never seen them in person, but hope to next time. So pretty!

Can't WAIT to hear about the party!!! starting that right now!
answers in red (I hope)

Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #143
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We chill...and then..

So we left MK and headed back to the resort. Plan was chill, swim, chill, eat then get dressed and head back. I wanted to be back by 5..that was NOT what happened but what can ya do right?

So we got back and my mom,Ziah and I headed to DTD instead..shopping was calling my name. The boys did whatever.

We got back and it was pool time. We met up with the family from that morning and the kids had a great time..I had an adult beverage..lol

I can only assume we ate at some point..who knows..wasn't important enough for me to remember or take notes on..lol. So we ended up later than I planned because of Taejan wanting to swim with his new friend. At 5:30 I put on my mean mommy face and said..ok guys..sorry but out! It's time to get ready!

And they did..easily..lol.. thank goodness! We got costumes and t-shirts and in my case some wacky looking headband..hey...I tried right?

Off we went.. to the bus stop!

At the busstop I met a mom from here.. so wherever you are..HIIIIIII!! was so nice to meet you and your kiddos!!

We got to MK went thru the gates and got our wristbands . Couldn't have been easier! I wanted at least one more picture of the 7 of us. My mother tends to not get in the pictures.. but I wasn't having that!

That's it for FP pictures.. this night ended up being very different than I had planned..but such is life right? We made the best of it and we had a good time.. but next time..it will be done differently!

The party hadn't officially started so we rode HM then the kids goofed off a bit...

Then once the party had started we rode HM again..no wait.. kids wanted to see if it was scarier during a party..it kinda was!
we got to see her..she is hysterical!

Then we ToT'd..kids wanted nothing to do with the dance party because it was so crazy packed.. sigh.
SO I had Eric and my mom stake out spots for the parade..well I found the spot and popped them in it and I took the kids over to ToT's at Splash....this was cool on BTM:

The ToT'ing path at Splash was long but moved well. Every single Cm that was handing out candy made a HUGE deal over Taejan's costume..this was the theme all night. I actually felt bad for my other 2 kids after awhile. The character lines were ridiculous and my kids hate waiting in lines for them on a normal day..so we didn't meet anyone..no one! I guess they prefer the ToT'ing and such..and I relented..I am not going to force them to stand in line when they don't want to. I wouldn't ( don't) do it during normal park hours so I had to get over the fact that this was a pricey hard ticket and just let the kids do what they wanted!

After the ToT'ing at splash we got back to our parade spots.. we had the PERFECT viewing spot.. I was beyond happy. Everything was going to be SOO close to us..SCORE!! Oh and now it was 15 minutes until parade time and the weather was perfect..beautiful.. a little cool but NOT chilly..dry.. gorgeous! Once the kids and I got to the parade spot I popped out my trusty Target Dollar spot glow bracelets. I made them all up and started handing them out.. 2 to each of the kids around us.. one Dad thanked Eric a few times. He felt better because now he could spot his kids in the dark! The rest went to mine and then it was time...

Up next...does he ride?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #144
ladybug0506
Earning My Ears

Sounds like you had such a good time at MNSSHP! We can't wait to go to MVMCP in Dec. Where exactly was your parade spot?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #145
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
Sounds like you had such a good time at MNSSHP! We can't wait to go to MVMCP in Dec. Where exactly was your parade spot?
that shall be in the next update

Old 10-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #146
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Best parade EVER!

So I left you off with us getting to our spots and me handing out glow bracelets. And then what has to be the BEST parade I've ever seen at Disney began. We had what had to be some of the best "Seats" in the house!

I was so glad..it was still dry..so we got to see this:

and guess what..I teared up! I was so happy that our MNSSHP was going so well. It really was just awesome to see that headless horseman!! My kids were in awe..I had pre-warned them that he may not ride.

Then this.. and I got tingles..

Not one thing I read could really portray how awesome this parade is..especially when you have such amazing spots!
nearly ever character came up to us.. it was awesome.. I couldn't snap pictures fast enough!

See..Peter ( amoungst other's) came right up to my kids.. the looks on their faces for the entire parade were amazing!

Love me some Captain Jack!

Ziah loved there was a REAL dog..

This was the best darn thing.. Taejan's eyes were bigger than I ever thought possible when these guys came down.

Up next...more parade!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #147
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

More parade...

Again..love this parade!!

Ok the cowboys are odd..

Jafar ended up right in my face..yeah he's a bit unsettling..lol. no picture cus he caught me off guard!

Thus ended what has to be the best parade!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #148
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

The rest of MNSSHP

After the parade we headed over and the kids played games and ToT'd by Pirates...

Then they wanted to ride Pirates to see if it was scarier knowing it was night and a Halloween Party ( it kinda was..lol)

Then we headed to hub to watch the fireworks.. they were more amazing then I thought possible. The story behind them..it was just so well done!

My kids were done after this.. I was sad..I wanted to stay..but they crowds got to them. So we left. We got back to the resort and went to grab a snack..Taejan saw his picture was the Picture of the Day... excited little boy!

and thus ended the 9th park day.. the 13th day of vacation..and no ponchos.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #149
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

That parade looks so awesome! Those dead brides remind me of a choreography on So You Think You Can Dance years ago.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #150
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Great updates! The parade looks so awesome..especially the ghosts and grave diggers. -Amanda

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: