Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
princess stich
DIS Veteran

Dollywood

Any suggestions on where to get tickets for Dollywood? Ticket prices, according to their website, are $56 per adult and $44 per child.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

Can you not still order them from the website? You can also purchase them at the gate.

There is also a welcome center in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge that may have some cheaper tickets if you go to a timeshare presentation. We go to Pigeon Forge at least four weekends a year and have never found discounted Dollywood tickets.

We just went last weekend with our boys... it was lovely weather and they are starting to put out their fall decorations. The Wild Eagle and The Mystery Mine are fun roller coasters. Have fun!

We got season tickets for Dollywood and Splash Country this year due to my being pregnant and no Disney trip. I will say we are huge Disney World fans and there is no comparing the two. We went quite a bit to both but we will not get the tickets again next year.

MomiTo2SwtGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
princess stich
DIS Veteran

You can still purchase them online, but they are very steep. Just wondering if there are discounted tickets out there to be had. Kings Island advertises their gate price as $54.99, but you can get tickets at Kroger for $20 cheaper.

We've been before- several years ago. This will be the kids' first trip. We have no interest in going to a timeshare presentation so will pay full price if need be.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

Family of 6 so I understand your wanting to save $.

We went 2 summers ago and used the after 3 next day free promotion. It was nice to go and get a feel for the park the first evening and then go back for the full day the next day and have an idea of where to go and what we wanted to do.

We only needed the afternoon and part of the next full day as we felt like we had seen and done what we wanted to in that time.

I am all about discounts, but don't remember getting anything more than the "after 3 next day free" promotion.

We had just 3 days in Pigeon Forge to do Dollywood and see the Smokey Mountains. Our kids enjoyed hiking and touring the Smokey's more than Dollywood and wished that we would have used the Dollywood time doing more of that. It was a very nice trip, they just found plenty to do in the Smokey's without Dollywood.
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Take advantage of the "arrive after 3:00, next day free". We always get there at 3:00, stay until around 7:00 and then spend the whole next day there. That is plenty of time to see everything, and ride some of the rides more than once. It makes the price seem more reasonable. When you think of the price compared to WDW it is a downright bargain!

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: