Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #61
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
F! was not affected by the HP either. During the low season (which occurs in October), F! is only available on Saturday and Sunday.
Actually, it is usually available on Fridays. A lot of locals head to the park after work for Fantasmic! and fireworks.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #62
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
 
Girimama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 3,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
Actually, it is usually available on Fridays. A lot of locals head to the park after work for Fantasmic! and fireworks.
Thanks for the clarification. That is what I get for avoiding the weekends like the plague.
__________________
Me ~ DH ~ GiRi (5) ~
Girimama33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #63
MychaelP
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATS07 View Post
This is also a problem at WDW. Nothing really new, they shouldnt let guest into the "private party" until much later in the day. If you want to use a "day pass" to get in before then that is your choice. If you are going to allow those with party tickets only in several hourse before the party then they should allow those with no party tickets to linger around serveral hours after they "close", turn about is fair play! Sorry just had to rant for a moment since this problem seems to always come up around party times.
I agree with you. Especially considering unless you read this board, or read the tickets for the party, you have no idea that they will let them in 3 hours early. During the day, the loudspeakers only mention 7pm, so that is how most people would plan... again, unless you read this board or look at the actual party tickets.
So technically even though they open the park 2 hours earlier, you lose the last 3 hours due to the quantity of party guests arriving and flooding the lines. I didn't check, but maybe they also can use up the fast pass system as well for the last 3 hours?
I'm not certain if I will attend on a party day again, but if I do I'm going to check how they monitor people entering the long lines such as Space Mountain at about 6:45. I'm curious because those guests would not leave the park most likely until well after 8pm.
BTW: I have not heard back from Disney from my e-mail yet. I had expected to, but maybe they are getting many many e-mails these days. If I don't hear back I plan to send them the same wording via snail-mail. I just personally feel they should at least explain why this occurred. Last resort is through the City of Anaheim to verify restrictions of restrooms. Maybe they can close them all at any time or leave just a single one open for 50k people. I just don't know right now.
MychaelP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #64
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,195
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MychaelP View Post
I agree with you. Especially considering unless you read this board, or read the tickets for the party, you have no idea that they will let them in 3 hours early. During the day, the loudspeakers only mention 7pm, so that is how most people would plan... again, unless you read this board or look at the actual party tickets.
So technically even though they open the park 2 hours earlier, you lose the last 3 hours due to the quantity of party guests arriving and flooding the lines. I didn't check, but maybe they also can use up the fast pass system as well for the last 3 hours?
I'm not certain if I will attend on a party day again, but if I do I'm going to check how they monitor people entering the long lines such as Space Mountain at about 6:45. I'm curious because those guests would not leave the park most likely until well after 8pm.
BTW: I have not heard back from Disney from my e-mail yet. I had expected to, but maybe they are getting many many e-mails these days. If I don't hear back I plan to send them the same wording via snail-mail. I just personally feel they should at least explain why this occurred. Last resort is through the City of Anaheim to verify restrictions of restrooms. Maybe they can close them all at any time or leave just a single one open for 50k people. I just don't know right now.
I think that we can't expect people to read discussion boards, of course, but anyone can go to the Mickey's Halloween Party page on the Disneyland Resort website and do a little research. It just takes a few keystrokes to find out when guests are allowed into the parks with MHP tickets. It's public knowledge.

As for Disney e-mailing you - they will, but you'll probably get somewhat of a canned response to begin with. They get lots and lots of e-mail/suggestions/complaints/criticism/questions/compliments all the time. They have a lot of mail to read through all the time. Sometimes it takes them a week or more to send out the first reply.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 10-03-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added in accidentally omitted words!
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #65
planningjollyholiday
DIS Veteran
 
planningjollyholiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: british columbia
Posts: 566

I think if people are willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars going to disneyland then you can at least do a little research and click on the disneyland website to see what is going on while you are there. If you were to look at the situation from a different perspective, and think how you would feel if the party guests were allowed to come in half and hour before their 4:00 entrance time then i am sure you would be pretty upset. So for someone to stay half an hour after their closing time than i would consider yourself lucky. As far as getting denied a bathroom, maybe it could have been handled differently but give the poor CM's a break, they are just trying to get everyone out of there, and if they let everyone stop to go to the bathroom on the way out then it would have taken forever to sweep the park. It's not like there aren't any bathrooms for miles, there are tons in downtown disney.
planningjollyholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #66
DanT
First visit 1955, with many more to come!
 
DanT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 282

I would only take one person in a wheel chair that is covered under the ADA to be denied bathroom access in this manner for things to change drastically.
__________________
First Trip was in 1955
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #67
roobug
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
I would only take one person in a wheel chair that is covered under the ADA to be denied bathroom access in this manner for things to change drastically.
But here's the thing nobody was denied bathroom use they were denied THAT bathroom. There are lots of bathrooms between them and the tram. They could use the bathroom on Main Street any at down town Disney.
roobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.