Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
cwt580
DIS Veteran

is there a way??

to make a split stay the same price as a 7 day stay at 1?

example: 4 adults

7 nights WL CY DxDP 6 day std tix...booked

want 2 days at AKL and 5 days at WL same dining and total number of tix. dont care if at begining or end.

is the tix discounts for multiple days what effects the price? i know you need at least 1 day tix for dining plans for both stays. and no way to get dining plan extended to second portion of stay without a tix for each stay...

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
to make a split stay the same price as a 7 day stay at 1?

example: 4 adults

7 nights WL CY DxDP 6 day std tix...booked

want 2 days at AKL and 5 days at WL same dining and total number of tix. dont care if at begining or end.

is the tix discounts for multiple days what effects the price? i know you need at least 1 day tix for dining plans for both stays. and no way to get dining plan extended to second portion of stay without a tix for each stay...
That's where the price increase comes in and why split stays with the dining plan on both stays is going to be a more expensive vacation.

If you were to put the AKL at the end, your dining plan from WL would carry over to midnight of the first day at AKL. You could just pay OOP for your last day's meals. By doing that you could purchase park tickets for your full stay as part of your WL package. Then just pay for a room only stay at AKL. You might even be able to get a room only discount for AKL, helping to offset the cost of paying OOP for the last day's meals.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
cwt580
DIS Veteran

thats a good idea except for moving the last day before leaving but we were going to just resort that last day anyway. Think ill watch for a last minute discount for AKL for a night or 2.

dont need a savanah just a pool view would be nice. which building is closest to Sanaa,Jiko, Boma?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
dont need a savanah just a pool view would be nice. which building is closest to Sanaa,Jiko, Boma?
Sanaa is at Kidani House (DVC), just a short bus ride or walk away from Jambo House (AKL). As for the other 2 restaurants, this link shows a map of the resort, as well as the various wings of the building where the rooms are:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Just a thought. You could stay at say WL with the DxDP for 5 days up front, then rent DVC points at AKV (Jambo would be most like AKL stay) and purchase a dining plan for those last 2 nights with that. You would actually have both dining plans on the crossover between when you check into AKV and midnight (from the WL stay - not sure if you can "combine" those points). I think you have to book the dining plan for DVC at the same time you book the room. (???)

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
cwt580
DIS Veteran

never rented DVC. never felt comfortable with the fact someone else controls the reservation. also not sure how all that works. A studio wont work for 4 adults. We dont need alone time though..

Hard to withdraw from our beloved WL to try somewhere else. Its our "comfort" zone.....

we'd love to try an epcot but the cost jump is a bit much as we are stretched as far in budget as we want to go. If Poly discount comes out to get us down to the price of WL we may switch at last minute. Havent been there in awhile(2nd fav)

Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
never rented DVC. never felt comfortable with the fact someone else controls the reservation. also not sure how all that works. A studio wont work for 4 adults. We dont need alone time though..
I haven't either, and I'm trying to work through that issue for our next trip as well. I've always booked directly with Disney. If I did rent, I would probably pay the higher cost to go through a place like David's. Some of the AKV are (relatively) reasonable. You might even be able to rent 2 studios or a 1 br there. I use this constantly as I crunch the numbers. http://www.dvcrequest.com/PointsCalcNew/PointsCalc.asp

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: