Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
halloween12
Mouseketeer

a few last minute details needed

We are Disney virgins and we fly over there to get married in just over 2 weeks
We have managed to get so much sorted thanks to this site and I am soooo grateful to you all there are just a few things that I am wondering about.

I just realised that you dont get free drinks in the parks on the dining plan I thought that you got a refillable mug that you can use anywhere!!!

We have only made a few dining reservations as we dont want to be restricted... we are staying at OKW - if we decide each morning where we are going to visit is there anyway of checking at the OKW guest services if there are cancelled reservations at restaurants near where we plan to be that day? and booking it with them?

We have our photopass plus and we will obviously be taking the voucher with us - can we take this to any disney photographer to exchange for the card? or is there a pick up point?

I organised our MNSSHP tickets over the phone and they said that we could collect on site... will we be able to collect these from OKW on check-in?

We are hiring a car from the airport - all arranged (thank you Wayne) but we have opted out of satnav hire, we have looked into buying second hand american ones over here but they are going for about £70 on ebay.
We have considered downloading the USA maps for our current TomTom for about £35 ish but we dont have alot of memory on there so we will have to take the european maps off and save on the computer and then swap back when we get home!
If anyone has a site where I can preorder a cheap one to be delivered to OKW for when we arrive then i would be really grateful.

Likewise you guys all seem to do alot of grocery shopping on line to be delivered to your rooms/villas - how do you do that?
Are there any general grocery stores in disney?
Sounds like we are going to need some water if i am correct about the refillable mugs above!

... I'm sure i will think of more xxx

Thanks in advance for your helpful advice
halloween12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
LauraDaveCharlie
Live, breathe, eat and sleep WDW!

Hi,

I can help with some of that!

I'm afraid you don't get a refillable mug to use in the parks. Water is the best way to go as far as I'm concerned - better for you than anything else and free! There are lots of water fountains around the parks and if you but a bottle once or take a sports bottle then you can refill all the time. Alternatively you can ask for cups of iced water from counter service restaurants for free.

Restaurants - guest services can usually sort out dining reservations for you by checking availability on the day. If you struggle in the parks, you should be able to eat at the resorts without too much difficulty. We love to pop out of a park for a couple of hours to have a peek around a resort and eat at one of their restaurants! We like Kona Cafe at Poly or Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge for MK, Beaches and Cream or any of the Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk restaurants for Epcot or DHS and we have eaten at Rainforest Cafe at Ak on occasion although we are not big fans of that park so tend not to go on most holidays. You can also increase your chances of eating easily by going at non-conventional mealtimes. They are all a short monorail or boat ride away from the parks and a relaxing way to have a break I find.

Sure someone will be along soon to answer your other questions. Have an absolutey wonderful time - we are there the same time as you!

LauraDaveCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Hi,
the refillable mugs are only for use at your resort hotel.
As us from the UK are there for a few weeks, theyre great value.

you can get free cups of iced water, from the counter service locations.
otherwise you can use your snack credits for drinks-however people think this is poor value and use their snack credits for food snacks.
There are also water fountains throughout the parks.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
madmumof2
DIS Veteran

Sat navs are from $35 in walmart!

We're driving from Sanford airport straight to Walmart for a sat nav and a few other bits :D

Oct 2012 - 2 weeks Southern Dunes+1 night at the Hard Rock Hotel!
Oct 2009 - 2 weeks Pop Century
Jan 2000 - 2 weeks Ramada Inn International Drive
Oct/Nov 1995 - 5 weeks Lindfields Villa, Kissimmee
madmumof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Drinks. Your refill mug is for hotel use only. If you eat at a hotel QS use your mug and get a bottled drink for later.

For the parks we buy a pack of water from walmart and freeze it. Take a few bottles with us each day. Any QS place will give you free water if you ask. When you have a QS meal ask for a large soda (don't specify you will get medium) If there are 4 of you get 2 large sodas and 2 bottles of water for later. Drinks are also a snack credit - the frozen slushies are very nice. There are also water fountains.

Non disney parks you can get a refill mug for $7ish and then pay $1 a refill for soda - use as many times as you like. Disney water parks also sell a refill mug.

Yes conceirge at OKW or guest services at a park will make an adr for you.

It lists on the back of the red photopass plus voucher where to pick up the card - DTD or in the parks.

You can use garden grocer to have groceries delivered to the hotel.
If you have a car i'd just pop into walmart or publix.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: