Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
kaylee1006
Earning My Ears

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Can anyone give dinner @ WCC recently (since menu changed) a good review? We loved the food & the antics a few years ago but I'm getting a little nervous after reading several bad reviews.
kaylee1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
dhardawa
DIS Veteran

Well, I know I can't! I didn't realize the menu had changed and was VERY disappointed. The pulled pork is gone and that was the best thing on the Canyon Skillet in my opinion. Also, the carmel apple pie is gone and replaced with some very mediocre desserts (one of which we found to be inedible). The carmel apple pie was my absolute favorite dessert ever and the main reason I went. We won't be back.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
jfelcie
Mouseketeer

Have only read bad reviews . . Just cancelled our ADR . We always ate there as it was sooo much fun!

jfelcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
suzannews
Bon Jovi rocks!
Proud Mom to Lindsey Megan :)
Someone stole my Mickey antenna topper!!!

Please write a letter or send an email.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

Just ate there last week, I met up with some CM friends there and all they had for the adults was the all you can eat skillet. The desserts were something they called chocolate cake but it was fruit flavored and very tart, they had jalepeno cheescake in a jar and cran-apple tart dessert. The desserts were nothing to writ home about. And the all you can eat skillet was not that impressive. I miss the meatloaf! If you have an child that is considered an adult on the DDP they had to eat off the skillet too! My daughter is a pickky eater and does not eat meat on a bone so I paid OOP for a kids meal for her.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

I forgot to add the antics are just the same fun! And yes I photos of the adults in our group participating in the pony parade! The on going joke in our group was my daughter was the only adult on this trip.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
steeners81
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a link to an updated menu the sites i checked still show the same menu with the pulled pork and the caramel apple pie.

We were thinking about making an ADR here but depending on the new menu we might go elsewhere
Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
steeners81
Mouseketeer

Forget it...figured the next link i checked had the updated menu. Yup I think this one is getting crossed off our list.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
NMK62303
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdumbo View Post
Just ate there last week, I met up with some CM friends there and all they had for the adults was the all you can eat skillet. The desserts were something they called chocolate cake but it was fruit flavored and very tart, they had jalepeno cheescake in a jar and cran-apple tart dessert. The desserts were nothing to writ home about. And the all you can eat skillet was not that impressive. I miss the meatloaf! If you have an child that is considered an adult on the DDP they had to eat off the skillet too! My daughter is a pickky eater and does not eat meat on a bone so I paid OOP for a kids meal for her.
Can you share what the options were for kids? We have an ADR in a few weeks and this will be our first time at WCC. Thanks!

NMK62303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

Five years ago

this was one of our must do's! We loved the skillet but then they changed it and it pretty much lost its appeal...now it's changed again and we are not going back. There are a lot of great place to eat as options...Trails End for instance....less expensive and good food....

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

We really enjoyed it, but we didn't go pre-update. We thought the food was among the best we'd eaten and if we didn't have such an issue getting there and back, we'd eat there again no question. That said, the desserts, one of them was amazing, the other disgusting, and the third we never got due to "kitchen issues" and after waiting 15 minutes past when we got the other desserts, we left.

11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the pics! The food looks really good! We haven't been before so I am thinking we might be ok since we don't have any expectations!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #13
gizfish
We wants the redhead! Gives us the redhead!

Our first time there, so maybe we don't know any better, but we really enjoyed the food. The ribs were great. The steak was tasty as was the chicken. We also got the sausages which were nice, but tasted more like breakfast sausages. The potatoes were amazing, and the mixed veggies were fresh, perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. The corn on the cob was some of the sweetest we ever tasted. Dessert was not so great. The Jalopeno lime cheesecake was just wrong, lol. It was spicy and too tart. Maybe if you like a cheese platter for dessert that would appeal to you, but if you like sweets, it probably won't. The chocolate cake has raspberries and was nicely tart and sweet, but just okay. The buckle was pretty good.
gizfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #14
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhardawa View Post
Well, I know I can't! I didn't realize the menu had changed and was VERY disappointed. The pulled pork is gone and that was the best thing on the Canyon Skillet in my opinion. Also, the carmel apple pie is gone and replaced with some very mediocre desserts (one of which we found to be inedible). The carmel apple pie was my absolute favorite dessert ever and the main reason I went. We won't be back.
I'm with you, I have been to the WCC many times and I also loved the pulled pork and also the carmel apple pie. I also would get the NY Strip if I didn't want the skillet. Now that it is only the skillet and no pulled pork and some funky new desserts I will not be going to the WCC anymore. To me the bean counters need to remove their heads from out of their lower body cavities and change the change.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

help

After reading everyone's view of WCC I want to cancel my ADR. Would O'hana be better?
Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: