Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
cristen72
Mouseketeer

Help! Need to return an item bought on vacation

Last week on vacation I bought my daughter a Sorcerer Mickey plush in Magic Kingdom. You squeeze his hand and lights blink in his hat. We got home Sunday and when I pulled it out to give to my daughter there are weird wet looking splotches on the hat near where the lights are. DH said it looks to him like the glue inside the fabric that holds the lights in place melted in the heat?

The lights still work and the spots aren't actually wet, they just look wet. But my daughter is only two and still occasionally puts her mouth on things and since I don't know exactly what this is I'm hesitant to give it to her. Not to mention it just looks bad too.

I don't see this item on the Disney store website so I guess it's a park only thing. I cannot find the receipt (in the zillions I seem to have collected!). There may be a record of it since I had it sent to my resort from the park?

Any advice on who to contact about this would be appreciated. I don't want a refund, I want to exchange it for another one. Thanks!

September 2011 AS Movies 1st trip ever!!

September 2012 AoA 40th bday trip for me!

October 2016 Fingers crossed!
cristen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Call Disney World Merchandising at 407-363-6200.
(New toll-free, number 1-877-560-6477, Option 3.)
They can be very helpful.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Like Robo said, call the Merchandising number that he provided, you can find it at the top of the receipt too and explain to them what happened and let them know you would like a replacement Sorcerer Mickey. You will have to give them the product number that is on the receipt. They will then send out a return label for you to use to ship back the item and once they received that, they will send out a new one. Oh yeah, you will also have to make a copy of the original receipt and send that with the item. I have had to send items back a couple of times and every time I called the Merchandise line, the CMs there have been extremely helpful.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
cristen72
Mouseketeer

Thank you both so much for responding. Unfortunately I've turned the house upside down and cannot find the receipt anywhere. It probably got tossed at the resort after I picked up the package from guest services. It's probably no use to call since I don't have the receipt.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

I would still call them even though you don't have the receipt, you never know they may be able to work with you...Disney is very good that way . Just explain to them the description of it thoroughly. Good luck.

Last edited by PoohsFan1; 10-01-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: ...
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
GrumpyDad1974
Mouseketeer

Same kind of thing happened to us, we bought my nephew a lightsaber. Spent 15 minutes looking for one that worked, took it home then he finally got it 3 weeks later... it didn't work! Changed the batteries, not it. So I called Disney (no reciept), they asked what store, when I bought it (approximately), how I paid and an item description? They were very helpful and sent one directly to his house no charge.
2008 September-Pop Century (Free Dining) 2009 June-Pop Century (Buy 4 get 3 Free) 2010 June-Loews Royal Pacific Hotel (Stay 7 pay 4) 2010 December- Pop Century (Free Dinning) 2012 March-All Star Sports (Free Dinning) 2013 March US/IOA/SW/BG (aka the darkside trip) 2014 April Pop Century
I've been BOO'ED!!!
GrumpyDad1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
cristen72
Mouseketeer

I think I'll go ahead and give them a call tomorrow. The worst they can say is no, right?

If anyone can help me with the name of the store I'd appreciate it. It's in Tomorrowland and might have the word "Traders" in the name? The People Mover goes through the top of it. We were actually riding the PM when I looked down and saw the Mickey display.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Katems
Mouseketeer

Sounds like Mickey's Star Traders.
Katems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katems View Post
Sounds like Mickey's Star Traders.
You beat me to it...It is Mickey's Star Traders

Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

I bought my son an alarm clock. We didn't use it until we got home. When we did we discovered it would ring 4 hours early. Set it for 6 it would ring at 2. I thought he wasn't setting the time right. but sure enough he was and the clock had a glitch. By that time, I no longer had the receipt. I did call merchaindising and they would not so a refund but would do an exchange if I could prove that I had actually been at WDW during the dates I had claimed to have purchase it. I faxed them a copy of our folio and they sent me a new alarm clock. This one does ring when it is supposed to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: